Serve on a bed of baby spinach with a tomato and avocado salsa and a wedge of lemon. I don’t deep fry anything for my son & I am always looking for ways to make his meals as healthy as possible. During the Summer, Tips on Preventing Your Child From Being a Picky Eater, The Secrets of Making Self-Care a Priority as a Mother. Quick salmon fish tacos – corn tortillas, cabbage slaw or pico de gallo, canned salmon “Sushi” bowls – canned salmon, rice, avocado, cucumber, and spicy mayo; Breakfast toast – whole wheat toast, smashed avocado, canned salmon, salt/pepper; I hope this salmon fritters recipe is helpful for you! I like to prebake my breadcrumbs to get a nice golden colour and texture. You can bake or fry them. Lightly grease a baking dish and place the nuggets onto it. Let's stay updated! I use canned salmon because it’s quicker and easier. Recipe created by Brenda Janschek for Kidspot. Brenda Janschek, We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. I would recommend wrapping each fritter in plastic wrap so they don’t stick to each other once they’re placed in the freezer. You can skip this step if you want. These salmon fritters are both tasty and healthy. Make the nuggets by taking one chunk of salmon, coating it in the flour, dip it in the egg and then sprinkle on the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the nuggets have been made. I am happily married to my amazing husband Harry, who is the best father to our little boy. In general, 1 filet of fish will serve 2-3 kids. Kids in the Kitchen tips This recipe serves 2 adults and 2-4 kids, depending on how much your kids eat. Serve it with a yoghurt and herb dip for a hearty and healthy meal for your toddler. Finger foods are perfect for toddlers and help with their eye-hand coordination. Baby Quiches, Rainbow Fritters, Spinach and Cream Baby Pies, Salmon Fish Cakes You can find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. In a large mixing bowl add the potato, salmon, spring onion, lemon juice, parsley, chives, peas, … Place the uncooked fritters on a baking tray and freeze them for an hour. DIRECTIONS. If you are looking for other great freezer fillers then check out these recipes too. These Creamy Salmon and Corn Fritters come from a quick, pantry-based mix that needs no chilling, no shaping, and, best of all, no mucking about with boiling potatoes. Click save recipe to create an online cookbook. Todays recipe is a mashup of getting goodness into kids and making life easy for parents. Love this recipe? Make sure if you are using canned salmon you find one that has low sodium. Cheesy Cauliflower Tots For Toddlers & Kids, Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Nuggets for Toddlers & Kids, Quinoa Crusted Chicken Strips With Honey Mustard Sauce, 5 Reasons Why I Love Using Chalkola Products, Things to do in Parksville B.C. steamed vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, carrots). Ingredients 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed 310 g wild tinned salmon 1/2 cup corn kernels 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 egg, lightly beaten 1/2 red onion, finely chopped 1/2 cup breadcrumbs 1 handful parsley, finely chopped 1/2 lemon, zested 1 pinch … Drain and leave to cool down. Steam the sweet potato until tender (should take approximately 8-10 minutes), then mash in a bowl and allow to cool. Mix in the salmon cubes, dill and the fresh breadcrumbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with boiling water and add a little salt. Recipe by: Mix the cooked potato chunks with the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, spring onion, Cheddar and ketchup and roughly mash using a potato masher. I choose to bake because it’s healthier but feel free to fry them if that’s what you and your little one prefer. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. This kid-friendly salmon fritter is soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Make your own breadcrumbs by popping some sourdough into a food processor. This kid-friendly salmon fritter is soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. News Life Media Pty Ltd Copyright © 2020. Suitable for babies, toddlers and beyond. It’s super easy, I’ll show you step-by-step. Mix together all the other ingredients except flour, then add the cooled sweet potato to the mix. kidspot.com.au may receive an affiliate commission if you buy through our links. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, and then set aside and continue until all fritters have been cooked. It gives a twist on the original fritter as it is baked and not fried. Alright, let’s walk through this fish recipe for kids. gtag('config', 'UA-121228821-2'); Bake in the oven at 220c for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Swap the parsley for coriander if that's what you prefer.

Social Media Icons For Email Signature Gmail, Positive Punishment Psychology, Mendelian Genetics Of Corn Teacher Guide, Bariatric Unflavored Protein Powder, La Marzocco Pb, Cobra Blue Stratocaster,