When it comes to balancing the flavors of Thanksgiving, it’s arguably one of the most important parts of the meal. When the sauce is ready, transfer to a clean bowl and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Now, I know many people prefer canned cranberry sauce, and that’s fine! The acidity from the cranberries cuts through the richness of the other ingredients. My homemade cranberry sauce comes together in less than 20 minutes and has only four ingredients: cranberries… I recommend using an airtight container or resealable plastic bag to prevent freezer burn. There’s nothing like homemade cranberry sauce. Some optional add-ins to consider: 1 cinnamon stick (remove before serving), 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted for best flavor), 1 cup roughly chopped orange segments (white pith and seeds removed). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The carbs, the fat, the stuff that puts us to sleep. You’ll hear the cranberries bursting open – don’t worry, that’s what you want them to do. Savory Sweet Life | Alice Currah, {Simple and Amazing} Cranberry Sauce Recipe, Make your own homemade cranberry sauce this year for Thanksgiving using fresh cranberries.This easy recipe is so simple yet yields amazing. Such a good recipe. If you like this cranberry sauce, don’t miss my pumpkin slab pie, Italian sausage cornbread stuffing, and pecan pie bars! Homemade cranberry sauce is tart, sweet, crisp and refreshing. Find cranberry recipes for cranberry sauce, cranberry relish, cakes, pies, side dishes, cranberry cocktails, and more. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes, then you want to let the sauce cool before serving so it has a chance to finish thickening. Replace cranberry sauce for any recipe calling for jam. Top off your favorite cheesecake recipe (like my. Thank you, I’d been wanting to try homemade cranberry sauce! Your email address will not be published. Simple but Amazing Cranberry Sauce Recipe - Savory Sweet Life The orange zest is a fabulous addition!! I love cranberry sauce in any form and this looks amazing! This sauce is so easy. Hi, and welcome to Savory Sweet Life. For best results, use frozen cranberry sauce within 2-3 months. You’ll love the flavor and texture of this orange cranberry sauce. It might take a few minutes longer for them to begin popping. Also, here are a ton of additional Thanksgiving recipe ideas from The Washington Post. For the holidays, try this homemade cranberry sauce recipe! I can’t get over the gorgeous color! But if you’ve always wanted to try making it from scratch, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. After the sauce cools, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Cook the sauce on medium-high for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced – stirring occasionally. My name is Alice Currah and you'll find easy delicious recipes to feed your family and other useful tips for everyday living. Homemade cranberry sauce freezes very well. Be careful; the cranberries may cause the hot liquid to splatter as they pop. It add a vibrant, festive color to the meal, and the tartness from the cranberries helps balance the heaviness of the other dishes. No Thanksgiving feast is complete without cranberry sauce! It is a deeply flavored sweet-sour-savory cranberry sauce, rich with caramelized red onions, tangy with balsamic vinegar, and just sweet enough with brown sugar. This is the BEST recipe! This recipe is made even more beautiful by the maple syrup! It add a vibrant, festive color to the meal, and the tartness from the cranberries helps balance the heaviness of the other dishes. How to make Cranberry Sauce with Caramelized Onions Add a spoonful to your favorite cocktail using vodka. Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions! Cranberry sauce is more than just a holiday condiment. Remove from the heat and serve. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Trust us — you won’t be sorry you experimented, and your guests will definitely thank you. I am so glad you are here! The hot liquid will take care of that. Perfectly delicious with our holiday turkey! Add the cranberries and simmer until slightly thickened and two-thirds of berries have burst, stirring periodically, about 5 minutes. It’s just that most people don’t put the thought and care into making creative cranberry sauce recipes that they should. Almond Chocolate Toffee Brittle & Bon Appétit Dessert Bake-Off », Buttercream Frosting – How to Make Buttercream Frosting, Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on sandwich bread followed by a layer of cranberry sauce when making turkey sandwiches like this, Mix in a tablespoon or two into plain Greek yogurt along with granola, like my.

Bacon Egg And Cheese Near Me, Principal Engineer Vs Manager, Wholegrain Mustard And Lemon Dressing, Offline Marketing Examples, How To Test Garage Door Sensors, King And Bear Homes For Sale, Dream About A Bird Biting My Finger, Sesame Crusted Tuna Steak,