Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Yellow-fin has a slimmer profile and a different “figure” than bigeye tuna. Ask your butcher or seafood store for a sushi-grade cut of Ahi. It’s almost elderberry season, can’t wait. 3 Slice and serve: Remove from pan and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. You could even add an Asian flare to this dish by “quick pickling” the sliced veggies, serving with Kimchi or adding my cucumber edamame salad to the menu! Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. * Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Sure, you can, it’s your dinner. Add the steak and cook 1 to 2 minutes … The freshness and the quality of the fish make a huge difference with this dish, so don’t even attempt it with a lower grade of fish. When the oil is hot, carefully add the tuna steaks and sear for about a minute on each side. Thank you Elise for sharing your wonderful recipe! In the last 30 seconds of cooking, add about half of the dressing into the skillet with tuna steaks. Please try again later. Cook for a few seconds, flip and sear for another couple seconds. No changes to the original recipe. Feel free to cook a little longer to your desired doneness. For any readers just coming across the marinade-as-dipping-sauce tip, do know that you boil the marinade before using it as a sauce. Turned out yummalicious! Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper, then coat the steaks with sesame seeds on both sides, pressing them into the fish to stick. I’ve been making it for three years now whenever I can find high-quality, fresh tuna. This is by far the best thing I have ever eaten. This sauce is super flavorful and adds the perfect complement to this dish. I also seared it in canola oil. Ingredients 2 (5 ounce) ahi tuna steaks 1 teaspoon kosher salt ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ½ tablespoon butter 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns olive oil, sesame oil, scallion, chili, ahi tuna, ginger, kosher salt and 6 more. You are very welcome C.J., I’m so glad you like the tuna! It was usually served with white rice, a little shoyu, some radish sprouts, a few slivers of nori, and some toasted sesame seeds. Then, remove the steaks onto a clean plate and serve! If you're gluten-free, it's fine to substitute tamari. Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna is one of those effortless dishes that never fails to impress. Flip and sear for another 1-1.5 minutes. Hi Jack, thanks for saying hello! Will use this recipe for a while in the future. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side ( even a little longer if you want the tuna less rare than pictured.) Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper, then coat the steaks with sesame seeds on both sides, pressing them into the fish to stick. Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Cooked the tuna for about 1 minute on one side and about 30 seconds on the other. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. The flavors are amazing and so easy to make. Then, remove the steaks onto a clean plate and serve! However, Ahi tuna is more commonly associated with yellow-fin species. Serve plain, with white rice, or over lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage or fennel. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! I’ll post a photo next time. I’ve been using another recipe for several years and wanted a change. Absolutely delicious and super easy! Yes, but only when selecting the highest quality. “Mahalo” to you! It’s so easy, always impresses guests, and my husband adores it. More Tuna on the way.. I’ve tried many 5-star rating recipes and always had to tweak some ingredients/measurements here and there to make the dish taste right. Remove the steaks onto a clean plate, slice and serve! My first time buying and cooking Ahi Tuna! Amazing! I dipped my tuna steaks into a bed of white sesame seeds and the result was so delicious. My husband loved it! This is awesome. This recipe is amazing! 2 Sear the tuna: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. I bought a thick fillet , did the marinade for about 1/2 hr….it was getting late. Crap.Made this with some local Oregon albacore tuna from a fisherman buddy. Add oil to the heated skillet. There’s a saying that goes, “start with the best and the fish does the rest.”. Step 3: Serve the Seared Ahi Tuna. The longer the fish is in inventory, the more bacteria can form. I added sambal oelek and it was a nice compliment to the tuna. Thank you! So many of you have made this recipe over the years (thank you!) never have had seared Ahi Tuna before and the marinade made it so delicious!!!! First time commenting? Great seared tuna we had since number of unsuccessful results. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and sear them for a minute to a minute and a half on each side ( even a little longer if you want the tuna less rare than pictured.). However, keep in mind that well done tuna tends to be dry, and you’ll miss out on silky soft and tender tuna texture! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. I recommend serving these tuna steaks with plain white or brown rice, thinly sliced carrots and daikon, shredded lettuce, or thinly sliced cabbage. I have to say that I’m extremely impressed with this recipe because I did not have to make any adjustments. Ran across some nice AHI at Sprouts and wanted to try this recipe. I believe anyone can cook restaurant-quality food at home! Heat a medium skillet (preferably non-stick or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) on medium-high to … To prepare the dipping sauce, add chopped cilantro, grated ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and sesame oil to a small bowl. P.S. I you like tuna do not use this!!! Step 2: Sear the Ahi Tuna Searing tuna is actually an easy task! Fish Tomales Bay etc. What to serve with seared ahi tuna steaks? When the oil is shimmering hot, add tuna steaks and sear for 1-1.5 minutes. You can also subscribe without commenting. Subscribe and receive my FREE Portion Planning Cheat Sheet for Cocktail and Dinner Parties. This is an amazing recipe – simple and tasty. Fabulous! I added 1 tsp of sambal oelek to the marinade. The marinade for this tuna is made with dark sesame oil, soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, green onion, and lime juice. 1 Marinate the tuna steaks: Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the tuna steaks with the marinade, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Read more about our affiliate linking policy. Note: I test all my recipes with both measurements for the most precise and accurate result! Ahi tuna is also known as yellowfin tuna. Then, add oil to a medium stainless steel or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. We spiffed up this post to make it sparkle! Excellent marinade! Better than most restaurant I ordered. We just moved to Hawaii for a while and have hit on some great Farmers Markets here! Add the oil and swirl to coat. Pan seared and cooked about 2 min per side..Made a quick aoli with lime juice and garlic…Thank-you for making my first experience with Ahi Tuna a 100% great taste sensation! Keep it up! This preparation leaves the tuna raw in the middle, which is why buying high-quality tuna is crucial. My family loves my cooking so I always try to find different recipes other than my own to keep them enticed. Hello! Here are a few of our favorites: Several of you suggested this over the years, and we agree! Sear the tuna: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. Arrange the tuna steaks in … In the last 30 seconds of cooking, add about half of the dressing into the skillet with tuna steaks. Really delicious and easy to prepare with items accessible to everyone. I’m so glad you have found the site useful. Ahi tuna, also known as yellowfin tuna, marinated in sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onion, and lime juice, then pan seared. I included some pickled onions as a garnish that I had leftover from another recipe. I’ve never made tuna before and I can say that I will use this recipe every time I make it. Meaning, when choosing a piece of fish to serve raw or lightly seared, you want to choose a high quality piece of fish. Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Stuffing and Mashed Potatoes, Fresh fish also complements a salad well. Hi, I’m Shinee! Whisk until combined. Set aside while you prepare and sear the tuna! The school cafeteria served many things that one would never encounter in the states (natto spaghetti for example), but one thing they did serve that I couldn’t get enough of was seared ahi tuna, prepared fresh to order.

How To Fall Asleep In 2 Minutes, Anter/o Medical Term, Company Analysis Methods, Institute Of Management Studies Noida, Matcha | Starbucks Drinks, Swivel Countertop Chairs, Cold Denial Destiny 2, Banjo Action Height, On The Common Festival,