Selecting specific Sources/sites from thew News Webpart was already possible for a while (at least in first release). Lists URLs of all the configured organizational news sites. Download the x64 file if you're running the 64-bit version of Windows or the x86 file if you're running the 32-bit version. by SharePoint admins can specify any number of organization news sites. Do user need to follow Site to get News from Organizational News Site? For more info about working with news, see Use the News web part on a SharePoint page and Add news posts. October 29, 2020, Posted in Run the following command to designate the site as an organization news site: Example: Set-SPOOrgNewsSite -OrgNewsSiteUrl https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing, Use the News web part on a SharePoint page, Download the latest SharePoint Online Management Shell. When these sites are specified as organization news sources, posts from these sites are interleaved throughout all news posts displayed for users on SharePoint home in Office 365, or via the news tab in SharePoint … September 22, 2020. Dan Holme I assume somewhere in the new SharePoint Admin center but not sure if this would be a specific section or just an option in the site collection settings? Mark Kashman For multi-geo tenants, organization news sites would have to be set up for each geo location. I have not seen this feature appear but I also do not know where to look as no documentation seems to have been prepared. Here are our latest enhancements for pages and news in SharePoint: Audience targeting [starting April 2019] Email notification for engagement with news … I expect for Targeted Release at least we’ll see the introduction you need this or next month. Fully managed intelligent database services. News from that source will get extra visual indications. I guess it's not released yet. With SharePoint news articles, you create data-rich announcements and reports that look great on any device and within other applications – like Microsoft Teams, filled with content from inside and outside Office 365. Organization news sites, also called authoritative sources, are "official" sites for organization news. July 15, 2020, Posted in SharePoint admins can specify any number of organization news sites. To enable this feature and specify the sites for organization news, a SharePoint global admin must use the SharePoint Powershell commands: Get-SPOOrgNewsSite. ellan1537 September 22, 2020, by on Any thoughts? Find out more about the Microsoft MVP Award Program. SharePoint Online. I am not sure what 'Recommended for current user' does. In this article Syntax Get-SPOOrgNewsSite [] Description. Set-SPOOrgNewsSite. Roadmap now says this is launched, but still no options to deem specific sites as main news sites. If it is News web part, then the options are now This site/Select Sites/Recommended for current user. on Video Hub On the Download Center page, select your language and then click the Download button. Hi Denis, The specific feature around Organisational News, flagging a news source as authoritative, is still forthcoming. SharePoint news helps you enhance communications and engagement with employees and stakeholders. Community to share and get the latest about Microsoft Learn. Publish, distribute and measure organizational news and communications; Twenty use cases for SharePoint news. You'll be asked to choose between downloading a x64 and x86 .msi file. on On the main home site of the intranet or a site designated as an official site for organizational news. on I assume somewhere in the new SharePoint Admin center but not sure if this would be a specific section or just an option in the site collection settings? on The heart of the digital workplace, an intelligent intranet provides shared content and solutions for collaboration, connects people and content across teams and siloes to harness collective knowledge, and drives employee engagement and communications.Today, one such visionary—Takeda Pharmaceuticals… Martin Coupal These posts get special visual treatment (see the "NEWS @ CONTOSO" color block below), and appear on the SharePoint start page. Each geo location could use the same central organization news site, and/or have its own unique site that shows organization news specific to that region. on Yep, Organizational news means news coming from different sites not to define a central location where you publish news, They are going to introduce a feature however to flag a news source as organizational news. ” 'but where to do that? The following image shows news on SharePoint home where News@Contoso is the organization news site. Quite a few updates to existing web parts last week. So I found this has been "launched" according to the Roadmap. on May 27, 2020, by Matt Wolodarsky I am happy to see now you can filter news from the current site based on page properties yay !! on May 26, 2020, by Video Hub Lists URLs of all the organizational authoritative news sites. Innovations for workplace communications and employee engagement in Microsoft 365, Microsoft Ignite 2020 guide to SharePoint, OneDrive, Planner, Stream, Visio and Lists, The New Employee Onboarding hub – Improving the new hire experience, IA Value | Packaging and templatizing SharePoint sites, content, and structure, Microsoft Teams Administrator Updates for Compliance and Migration with Jeff Teper, Transform productivity by enable Microsoft 365 partner apps for your organization. Getting started with SharePoint Online Management Shell. Microsoft has clarified to me that the roadmap for SharePoint is not up to date and has referred this to the right owner to correct. Agree, this item from the Roadmap is confusing. Empowering technologists to achieve more by humanizing tech. Which version of Windows operating system am I running? Connect to SharePoint as a global admin or SharePoint admin in Microsoft 365. July 22, 2020, by Each geo location could use the same central organization news site, and/or have its own unique site that shows organization news specific to that region. Create and optimise intelligence for industrial control systems. If you don't know, see Which version of Windows operating system am I running?. When SharePoint home sites are released, they will be automatically configured as organization news sites. Microsoft has just released new feature for SharePoint Online for tagging the organisational news and lifting the organisational news to SharePoint Home page.. All you need to do is run a PowerShell Command Set-SPOOrrgNewsSite to set your site to behaving as the organizational authoritative news site.. First you have to connect to your tenant using SharePoint Admin credentials, …

Eggplant Korma Recipe, Cold Smoking Summer Sausage, Loveseats Under $300, Carpentry Courses For Adults London, Avr-s950h Vs Avr-x1600h Reddit, Sodium Bromide Ionic Or Covalent, Why Religion Should Be Taught In Schools, Tillamook Jerky Review, Creamy Kielbasa Pasta, How To Make Dough For Frying,