Arrange these tiles correctly to reveal something delicious! If you have leftovers just place in a container and store for up to three days in the fridge. Quick, easy and delicious. Enjoy! The farmhouses always had lace curtains in the windows and there were often pairs of wooden shoes lined up outside the door. 2 – 3 servings. Ingredients: – 5 medium red potatoes (about 1 pound) – 4 ounces smoked sausage (cut into ¼-inch cubes) – 3 tablespoons unsalted butter – 2/3 – ¾ cup milk – 1 garlic clove (minced) – ½ cup frozen corn – 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese Thanks so much, Amy. Remove the sausage pieces, scraping off any big bits of kale stuck to them, and put the sausages into the reserved draining water to keep warm. Add enough of the reserved cooking water or milk to moisten the boerenkool if the potatoes are too dry. Drain the pot, reserving the water. Required fields are marked *. Pandemonium Noshery: Mosterdsoep – Dutch Mustard Soup THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED, TRANSMITTED, SCRAPED, CACHED OR OTHERWISE USED, EXCEPT WITH THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF REACH MEDIA INC. About - sour cream, milk, bacon, butter, kosher salt, butter, kosher salt and 4 more. It really helped to soften the veggies, especially the potatoes. All together it was a comfort and a surprise. Here are 16 amazing instant pot dinner ideas. I was excited when I found out we were showcasing the food of the Netherlands this month, as I’ve long been meaning to post a Dutch comfort food dish that has become a beloved meal in our family’s culinary repertoire: Boerenkool, a dish made simply of mashed potatoes and kale with sausages. Add the diced onion and the bay leaf and pour the water over the potatoes. This is such a basic comfort food I can see why it’s popular in different variations in different countries. Add the butter, pepper, nutmeg, and ¾ teaspoon of salt to the potatoes and kale in the pot. Share. The kale and pears just add delicious interest (and some good fiber and vitamins). Tender and flavorful potatoes, sliced smoked sausage, onions, peppers, and creole spices come together for one incredible dinner. Fast, easy, and budget-friendly! Your California Privacy Rights - Check out all the wonderful Dutch dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Please calculate your OWN nutrition information in a database using the brand names you have at hand. To make the smoked sausage and potatoes recipe: In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Smoked Sausage and Corn Loaded Mashed Potatoes . Bring the pot ingredients to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook everything together until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and the kale bits are tender, about 25 minutes. I found out later that this tasty dish is a version of a Stamppot, (meaning ‘hodge podge’ or ‘mashed pot’), a common dish in the Netherlands consisting of potatoes mashed with other vegetables (like sauerkraut, spinach, carrots & onions, or as in this case, kale). And it’s perfect for the cooler fall weather coming. Remove lid and continue baking for 10-15 minutes. This is like a version of colcannon. 3. However, when I researched the recipe (I didn’t have one written down), I found that most versions cook it all together in one pot, so I tried that this time, and it made the whole process much quicker and simpler, although the kale is a bit more ‘al dente’ or toothsome. Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Copyright © 2011 - 2020 Eatwell101, a Reach Media Inc. company - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This Dutch mashed potato and kale dish with sausages was tasty and comforting. Kitchen Frau Notes: The way we originally learned to cook Boerenkool from our Dutch neighbours was to cook the kale, onions, and sausages together for a long time until the kale was very soft, then cook the potatoes separately and mash them together with the cooked kale, serving it with the sausages and pears. (No spam ever.). PIN IT HERE to save the recipe for later: I love adding greens to my mashed potatoes. Nutrition & Medical disclaimer - COPYRIGHT © 2011 - 2020 EATWELL101, A REACH MEDIA INC. COMPANY - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Machine Tools For Sale On Ebay, Marshall Sahlins Affluent Society, Transformational Leadership Example, Svs Sb-2000 Pro Settings, Calcium Reacts With Water Equation, How To Make Rice Powder For Skin, Memorable Gift Of My Life Essay, Phosphatidylcholine Vs Choline Bitartrate, Japanese Girl Names Meaning Light, Father Doesn't Want To Be Involved, Robert K Merton Theory, Prawn Cocktail Salad, Wooden Dining Table, Blackjack Card Counter,