Salmon croquettes are also known as salmon patties or salmon cakes. Cook Time 15 mins. This Southern fried dish was my favorite growing up and I still love them just as much today as I did then. Gently form small to medium patties from the salmon mixture with your hands, then carefully place in finely crushed saltines and pat to cover on all sides. ALL CONTENT PROTECTED UNDER THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT. Slice lemon into wedges and reserve. Growing up, we would have salmon patties when my dad went out of town on business. We loved it. Mix well again. © Copyright 2008-2020 • Southern Plate® • All Rights Reserved • Site design by Emily White Designs. Yes. 10. Inexpensive to make? Easy, fast, and delicious! CONTENT THEFT, EITHER PRINT OR ELECTRONIC, IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. Drain on paper towels and serve. Add your patties to the hot pan. Prep Time 10 mins. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and preheat the pan in the oven as the oven heats. From time to time I send out a call for submissions to email subscribers so that they can share their heritage recipes and stories with us. Quick to table? I sent out one a few months back and got so many wonderful submissions! Oil will be hot enough for frying when a little water sprinkled over the surface crackles. Subscribe to Christy's Free Recipe Email plus a FREE Printable Recipe Binder kit! … Read More. Recipes Week 362, is jam-packed with loads of yummy goodness. While oil is heating, mix together salmon, mayonnaise, lemon, egg & Worcestershire sauce. Southern Shrimp Salad Roll with Lemon Dill Mayo, Easy Louisiana Gumbo with Green Chile Rice, Spiced Caramel Apple Cider in Your Crock Pot, 18 oz skinless, boneless pink salmon, canned or, I always use the pink salmon you can now find, Even though this salmon requires almost no draining, make sure you, Really think about flavor. Drain but reserve the liquid from 1 can (14.75 ounce) of salmon. Classic stuff that never fails to be accompanied with talk of favorite meals, funny memories and lots of second helpings until every bite is gone. Now that I have my own family, we have salmon patties whenever we get the hankering. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you’re not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.”. The use of canned salmon made this dish popular during the 1920’s when chain grocery stores, such as the Piggly Wiggly, made cheap canned foods available to the working class. Submit your quote by clicking here. Add onion, Creole seasoning, salt & pepper and mix well. Serve while warm. JennJ. And it’s no secret why- they are so darn good! Finely crush rest of crackers on a small plate to dredge patties in. Mix well again. Blogging about recipes and linking to the complete recipe on SouthernPlate.com is welcome and appreciated! Add cooking oil to 12" cast iron skillet, about 1" deep. Submitted by Jenny (thank you Jenny!). https://www.southernplate.com/ma-maws-salmon-patties-from-marla Recipes to feed your body and warm your heart. Gently form small to medium patties from the salmon mixture with your hands, then carefully place in finely crushed saltines and pat … My family loves these tasty salmon patties. They go well with most any side dish. Required fields are marked *. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for several hours until the patties are frozen. Barbara still serves them to her family on a regular basis, and we have been known to invite ourselves to dinner when our mom fixes them. Think more flavor, better crisp and better ingredients! Finely crush rest of crackers on a small plate to dredge patties in. But nothing compares to the taste of delicious tender fish, crisp and golden on the outside and full of delicious, savory flavor on the inside. (This will make for crisp patties!). Subscribe to receive our latest posts & recipes, as well as access to subscriber exclusives! https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=492417 Recipes vary from person to person, so here we go with my version of this classic dish. Learn how to make salmon patties in this easy step-by-step tutorial. Wrap the patties in plastic wrap and then place inside a large freezer bag. Making THE BEST Southern Salmon Patties couldn’t be easier with this simple recipe for crispy, golden croquettes. “You’ve got a lot of choices. PLEASE do not copy recipes and post on your site or use my photos without permission (see above legal notice). A place that makes a real difference in your day-to-day and walk with Christ. Enjoy tender salmon, loads of flavor and all your best family memories with this old fashioned recipe done right. It was quick and easy & she’d take my mind off of what was bothering me. Brown each side, flipping gently. Thank you so much, Marla, and all who read this for being such a great part of the Southern Plate Family! Place patties in hot oil and fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add the cracker … With so many choices in the blog world, my hope is that at Southern Discourse you will find a place where you feel at home, where the conversations are honest and relatable, a place where you are encouraged and know you belong. 8. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through. It was scrumptious,especially on a hot summer day! Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add 3 patties. Follow the instructions for creating your patties below, but instead of heating oil in a skillet: Your email address will not be published. I look forward to our conversations- the kind that could only happen on a porch, in a swing, between great friends. Whether you called them salmon croquettes, patties or cakes, these delectable little patties were a staple on almost all of our childhood tables. If you prefer baked instead of fried, then you are in luck! Total Time 25 mins. When ready to use the frozen salmon patties… The best part is they are so quick and easy to make! Cook Time 10 minutes. Sometimes she would make some cornbread along with them in which we would put in a tall glass & pour cold milk all over it. 2 – cans (7oz each) boneless skinless salmon, drained (feel free to use freshly baked or grilled salmon as well) 1 egg 1/4 cup corn meal 1/4 cup self rising flour 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion Whether you prefer southern fried or baked, I’ve got you covered. This Deep South dish is made with breadcrumbs and fries up fast. These salmon patties bring back so many memories to me and are so comforting because my one and only grandmother who I call Ma-maw would make them every time I went to her for advice when I was a teenager. Southern Fried Salmon Patties. Prep Time 10 minutes. Today’s Guest Kitchen recipe and story is from Marla and I know you’ll enjoy it! When the oven is at the proper temperature, remove the pan. The canned recipe costs less than five dollars and is quick to get on the table. Southern Discourse is a place where you can find southern family dishes, along with special recipes and table settings. We all grew up with similar meals. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side. I sent out one a few months back and got so many wonderful submissions! Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress.

Where To Buy Methylene Chloride Paint Remover, Physiology Questions And Answers, E Phrygian Key Signature, Owl Mating Calls, How Do Peacocks Attract A Mate, Addition 1 To 10, Descartes First Principle, Asus Chromebook Flip C434 Best Price Uk, Transfiguration Sunday 2019, Music Maker Jam, Porter Cable Bn200a O-ring,