Add the spinach, which you will have previously blanched quickly so to reduce their volume.2- Add the raisins and let it cook for 10 minutes. https://neuroticbaker.com/2017/10/04/spinach-feta-empanadas In the bowl of a standing electric mixer using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on high speed until very smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl, as necessary. Stir in the crumbled bacon, spinach, cottage cheese, pepper and nutmeg. Fry the empanadas until they are golden brown. Let it rest for 10 minutes while you finish the filling.5- Crumble the feta cheese with your hands and toast a handful of pine nuts that you will then add to the spinach.6- Prepare 6 or 8 little balls with the dough and with the help of a rollin pin stretch it into a circular shape (if you don’t manage to make the desired shape just with the rollin pin, you can use a small coffee plate or a bowl and cut it out with a knife). Required fields are marked *. Required fields are marked *. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour. I love kneading, slow recipes that require time are a very interesting form of meditation, they relax us, they make us slow down our hectic lifestyle to rediscover a slow and genuine life. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/spinach-and-cheese-empanadas Just use a cookie cutter for the round shapes, then take the trimmings and roll them out again to use it all up. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry until it is 1/8 inch thick. Place 1 … 8- Close your empanadas and seal them well by pressing them with your fingers or with the help of a fork. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. It is important, in fact, that it cools down completely before using it, or it will wet and break the dough.1- In a frying pan, sauté the onion with a little bit of oil, cumin and salt. Let it cool down completely.3- Now, prepare the dough: in a bowl mix the flours, yogurt, oil, fennel seeds and bicarbonate combined with lemon juice. Mix well and set aside. Heat large pan with a medium heat, add in a 1/4 cup of water and 10 ounces of fresh spinach (the standard size bag from the supermarket), place a lid on the pan, after 4 minutes remove the lid, turn off the heat and mix the spinach around, transfer to a sieve and using the back of a wooden spoon push down on the spinach … INGREDIENTSFor the dough250 grams of semi-whole wheat flour50 grams of buckwheat flour100 grams of natural white yogurt2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil1 tsp baking soda and lemon juiceSalt, fennel seeds and cold waterFor the filling:1 small onion5 or 6 bunches of spinachRaisins and pine nutsFeta cheeseCumin, pepper and salt. Using about 1 large tablespoon scoop, fill each pie crust circle with a dollop of filling. I invite you, therefore, to take your time and enjoy recipes like these! 7- Place a few spoonsful of spinach with raisins and pine nuts in the centre of the dough and add the crumbled feta cheese.8- Close your empanadas and seal them well by pressing them with your fingers or with the help of a fork.9- Cook them in a hot pan for about 5/7 minutes on each side and put them in the warm oven so that they do not get cold while you are cooking the others. Knead with quark, milk and sunflower oil. I also add some feta cheese to give them extra flavour and a touch of acidity that I love. Your email address will not be published. As always, I haven’t added the measurements for the filling since I firmly believe that home cooking doesn’t need them: the amount of pine nuts, raisins or feta you put in will depend on your taste.The day before or in the morning (if you make the empanadas for dinner) you should prepare the filling. Put two tablespoons of the filling in the center of each of the discos. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and knead lightly. Using good quality ingredients, stone-ground whole or semi-whole wheat flour, a natural organic yoghurt from grass fed cows, organic vegetables and nuts, even better if bought in bulk, and a Greek feta cheese made only from goat’s and sheep’s milk, we obtain empanadas which are not only delicious but also healthy and nutritious. Your email address will not be published. Sift flour and baking powder onto the work surface and mix in 1 teaspoon salt. We have eaten them with a Valencian tomato salad, onions from the garden and some basil leaves, to add a fresh touch. There are also a number of other fillings using meats, corn, carrots, you name it. Remove from heat and add the roasted tomatoes, salt, and feta. Goya makes a thing called empanada discos and they work perfectly for the pastry part of the recipe. I hope you enjoy this healthy, tasty and slow recipe! Reduce heat to low and add spinach. In this season, they are so tender that when freshly picked they can be eaten raw, in salads, but we like them best in the filling of these soft and tasty empanadas. Then make it again with your own fillings. Vegetable gardens, in spring, are lush green and spinach is one of the protagonists: it grows so quickly that each time we come home with a full bag. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a130e81d5d74274b4f40c35190bde081" );document.getElementById("gdeaba6c84").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 9- Cook them in a hot pan for about 5/7 minutes on each side and put them in the warm oven so that they do not get cold while you are cooking the others. Fold in half … Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. or refrigerated pie crust dough (see notes). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. As for the dough, I’ve used my recipe for naan bread, where I add natural organic yogurt to make the dough soft and fluffy, perfect for cooking it quickly in the pan. Cook on low until limp, stirring frequently. Note: Any refrigerated crust can be substituted. Easy Spinach & Feta Cheese Empanada Recipe, Simple and Delicious Almond Banana Smoothie, Tender Juicy No Baste Turkey in a Roaster Oven, The Difference Between Curly Parsley, Italian Parsley and Cilantro. You can also brush the outsides of the dough discs with beaten eggs for a crispier texture and browner look, Your email address will not be published. Using a 3 inch cutter, cut out as many pastry circles as possible. We use cookies to ensure that we provide you with the best experience on our website. 8- Close your empanadas and seal them well by pressing them with your fingers or with the help of a fork. But if you can’t find them, any refrigerated dough that you can roll out can be substituted. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! 7- Place a few spoonsful of spinach with raisins and pine nuts in the centre of the dough and add the crumbled feta cheese. 7- Place a few spoonsful of spinach with raisins and pine nuts in the centre of the dough and add the crumbled feta cheese. We like them quite big and with lots of fillings, so I make 6. Let filling cool. https://secretosdelsur.com/en/recipe/spinazie-en-feta-empanadas-met-tzatziki Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you agree and accept the Cookie Policy. 9- Cook them in a hot pan for about 5/7 minutes on each side and put them in the warm oven so that they do not get cold while you are cooking the others.

Gigabyte Aero 15 Oled Sa, Tandoori Corn On The Cob, Annals Of Statistics, Food To Live Canada, A Pentatonic Scale, Ice Cream Snacks To Make At Home, Aglio Olio Tuna Recipe, Diminished Major 7 Scale,