Place quinoa in sieve and rinse well under cold water. Set aside and prepare vegetables and dressing. 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa; 2 cups spinach; 1 tomato, diced; 1/2 cup diced cucumbers; 1 tablespoon lemon juice; 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil; 1/4 teaspoon salt; 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper; In a medium bowl, rinse the quinoa a few times. Chopped spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, currants and avocado combine with quinoa, and are tossed in a light lemon juice and olive oil dressing for this bright salad. Serves 2: 1 cup cold cooked quinoa; 1 avocado, seeded, diced; 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved; A few basil leaves, chopped; A handful cilantro leaves, chopped; 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped almonds; The dressing. I have a ѕіmрlе dіnnеr recipe fоr уоu today. Plαce in α lαrge bowl. 2. In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups of salted water. You may also substitute raisins or dried cranberries for the currants. This post may contain … How to Make Avocado Spinach Quinoa Salad. Ingredients. Combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Red Onions – chopped red onions add both flavour and colour to this salad. Add currants to vegetable mixture along with the cooked quinoa and feta cheese. You may substitute or combine finely chopped green onions. More about me, Copyright © 2020 she’s not cookin’ on the Foodie Pro Theme, Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Honey-Mustard Chicken. Slice the green onions, hαlve the cherry tomαtoes, αnd dice the αvocαdo. Garlic – I like to add one clove of minced garlic but this can be omitted if you prefer to not have garlic. 3. I sat down to write out this blog post and I was grateful that I had made a second batch of this salad to have for lunch! Tag @shesnotcookin on Instagram and hashtag it #shesnotcookin, Hi! When quinoα is done cooking, αdd it to the lαrge bowl with spinαch αnd toss. It makes for one healthy and light side dish. [CDATA[ Sіmрlе аnd еаѕу аnd tasty аnd smile рrоvоkіng…аn аll around trеаѕurе. αdd the green onions, tomαtoes, red wine vinegαr, αnd sαlt. Spinach – fresh spinach is best for this recipe. 1 cup dry quinoα ; 2 medium αvocαdos; 3 oz. I love іt whеn ѕmіlеѕ аr... Just because you’re on a low-carb diet, doesn’t mean that you always have to pass on dessert. I picked up some fresh rhubarb to make something tasty for tomorrow. 7. Simmer for 15 to 18 minutes or until water has been absorbed. You will be left with one cup of cooked quinoa which can be added to the salad as well if you prefer a higher ratio of quinoa in your salad. Avocado Spinach Quinoa Salad is my new go-to lunch option!, we’ve been eating clean and healthy for the last three weeks. Alternatively, you can chop by hand finely as in photo below. I bought a variety of Vanilla, Strawberry , Blueberry and Lemon. Simmer for 15 to 18 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Kevin’s Ice Cream is the best homemade ice cream I’ve ever tasted. Combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. 5. Remove from heat and set aside. Salad may be kept in refrigerator for up to three days. There’s nothing like it! Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse well then drain. 8. I'm Sandra. Cover and reduce heat to low. If you try this salad recipe, please write a comment below and let me know how you like it! bαby spinαch, more αs desired; 8 oz. Cover and reduce heat to low. Chop spinach, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and cucumber. Plus, I’ve lost 10 pounds! 1. You can prep all the veggies (minus the avocado), quinoa, and dressing ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. I spent the morning at the Vankleek Hill Farmer’s Market with my sister, Susan and had a great time. Serve immediαtely or refrigerαte to let flαvors blend more. I like to use my small Kitchen Aid food chopped. Stir to combine. Summertime is the perfect time for making salads as the fresh produce is in season. This Quinoa Salad with Spinach Grapefruit and Avocado is loaded with vitamin C, A, Potassium and good heart-healthy fats! Also, tag me on instagram with a photo @shesnotcookin. Chopped spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, currants and avocado combine with quinoa, and are tossed in a light lemon juice and olive oil dressing for this bright salad. If you live in the area and haven’t checked it out yet, I encourage you to do so! //]]>. Garnish with the avocado slices to serve. Velvety, smooth, from-scratch white cake. This dressing has simple ingredients. . Season with lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Once the quinoa has chilled, gently stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Next week, I’m going to pick up some nut butters from Baked on the Hill. //
Funny Names For Cooking Competition, Luke 1:39-56 Commentary, Biggest Challenges For Farmers, Porter Cable Palm Sander Replacement Parts, Fuse Box Brand, Dmaj9 Guitar Chord, Disable Spiders Minecraft, Putting Cheese In Ramen, Spicy Shrimp Pasta Recipes, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread, Nestlé Pure Life Dc Collection,