Love this, and it's so pretty! I used some really good, dense bread, slathered on this carrot hummus, added some cucumbers, sprouts, lettuce leaves, and a thick slice of tomato and BOOM. Plus, it is wonderful as a dip with fresh vegetables! I don't even think you need the tahini and lemon juice, personally, but that's just me! I usually have Northern and Cannelloni white beans on hand and that is what I make this with the most frequently. Do you love traditional hummus but find yourself passing it up because of the high calorie/fat content? Sriracha Carrot Hummus SPICY WITH A SWEET SIDE At first glance it’s pretty intimidating with that bright orange color. Add this to your recipe box for all your healthy, low-fat recipes. The possibilities are endless! This hummus has all the traditional hummus ingredients: chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice. White Beans, Carrots, Water, Tahini (Ground Sesame), Canola and Olive Oil, Sugar, Garlic, Jalapeño Peppers (Jalapeño Peppers, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride), Vinegar, Salt, Spices, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors. But additionally, it has steamed carrots for flavor, sriracha for a kick, and a little maple syrup for … Add the white beans, lemon juice, tahini, Sriracha, salt and cumin. The good stuff was on sale for 3 dollars so I snagged me a bottle and decided to try and make my own hummus. Cover the carrot mixture with aluminum foil and seal the edges. Watch our video below to see how easy it is to prepare. Bring this appetizer dip to your next party and watch how fast it gets gobbled up. Especially if you try to get the all-natural and organic stuff without all of the additives, preservatives, and other goop in there. Thanks for your question, I have used all varieties of white beans in this recipe. Copyright © 2020 Savor the Best | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, This post may contain affiliate links. That’s it! https://servingupsimplicity.net/spicy-apricot-carrot-hummus I love different flavourings and this one is so original! But don’t wait for a party to enjoy this Sriracha carrot hummus….keep some in the fridge to slather on a sandwich wrap or a burger bun. Don’t spend your money buying a commercial carrot hummus, you can do this yourself! I hope you enjoy the hummus, it's such a favorite whenever I make it. But in all seriousness, I hope you enjoy this hummus as much as I did! Well, let not your heart be troubled….you can enjoy this incredibly flavorful carrot hummus guilt-free! We believe nutritious, wholesome food doesn’t have to sacrifice flavor. Cover the carrot mixture with aluminum foil and seal the edges. Peel and slice the carrots into 1 inch chunks and place on an aluminum lined baking sheet. This is a low-calorie, low-fat and high-flavor dip that will fit into anyones diet plan. Your email address will not be published. I bet that little bit of sweet carrot added to the hummus is perfect. Now I just need to make 13 million batches of hummus ASAP to use it all. Oh gosh, I love hummus! Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the carrots are very tender. Celebrate our passion for real food with real flavor. Thanks Mimi, your right, carrots have so much flavor that this would even be great without tahini and lemon juice however I do like the extra complexity that they add to the hummus. I will always love me a good feather boa sitch. Your recipe must be truly special, so I'll definitely try it. Turn on high. This spicy take on hummus comes together in about 5 minutes and is a perfect appetizer, snack, or sandwich spread! Home » Appetizers » Sriracha Carrot Hummus, Posted on Last updated: April 13, 2019 By: Author Dahn Boquist. Maybe it’s just me, and I’ve been living under a rock, but I hadn’t ever seen carrot hummus in stores before, period. And loaded with Sriracha Sauce you know it means business. While food processor is on high, drizzle in olive oil (or oil of your choice) in the top and mix for about 10 seconds. Don’t spend your money buying a commercial carrot hummus, you can do this yourself! And I totally put this as a spread on a loaded veggie sandwich and can we just talk about this sexy sammy for a second? This Sriracha Carrot Hummus is seriously delicious and we can’t get enough of it! Do you love traditional hummus but find yourself passing it up because of the high calorie/fat content? We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Small white? The roasted carrots give it a sweetness while the Sriracha gives it a bit of a spicy kick. Preheat the oven to 425°F. The carrots add a fresh and slightly sweet flavor while the sriracha spices things up! Watch our video below to see how easy it is to prepare. The roasted carrots give this creamy-smooth dip a sweetness while the Sriracha adds a spicy edge to it. Allow the carrot mixture to cool enough to handle safely then toss … Chocolate Chip and Tahini Oatmeal Cookies. Northern? Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. OH! This Sriracha Carrot Hummus is seriously delicious and we can’t get enough of it! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Process until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. I loved pouring the “tea” and pretending that I was a fancy lady with all my fancy friends and thinking I was so cool because I was the hostess. Grilled Swordfish Steak with Lemon-Dill Aioli Sauce. What an amazing hummus recipe! I had never tried making my own hummus before because I was never exactly sure what tahini is (still not 100% sure what it is, aside from delicious) and that always intimidated me, but, I was in for a real treat when I saw tahini was on sale! Seriously- it’s so versatile and delicious and always makes me feel healthy when I eat it, but damn y’all! A touch of honey and plenty of Sriracha hot sauce gives this healthy, nutrient packed sriracha carrot hummus a delicious sweet and spicy kick! Allergens + Sensitive Ingredients Obviously, I had to serve some delicious snacks because it’s just not a good time if you drink wine on an empty stomach. Trust me, if there is one thing that I learned in college, it’s to never drink on an empty stomach. Well, I always keep a few cans of chickpeas in my pantry and carrots in my fridge (baby carrots are my go-to snack) so this was coming together nicely, and for cheap! It is low-fat, low-calorie, and gluten-free. On occasion, Savor the Best is compensated through the use of affiliate links, product reviews, and sponsored posts. It’s so good and I can eat the whole thing in one sitting without batting an eye. My absolute favorite kind of hummus is this delicious sriracha hummus made with carrots that you find in the market. The hummus tastes great with any of those white beans. Learn how your comment data is processed. I'll be making this! This Sriracha Carrot Hummus is seriously delicious and we can’t get enough of it! New fave sandwich. Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed. This Sriracha Carrot hummus is perfect. thanks Sean, I hope you enjoy this version, Welcome to Savor the Best, a from-scratch food blog with a focus on ancient grains, bold flavors and innovative recipes. Required fields are marked *, carrot, healthy, hummus, snack, whole foods, Chickpeas/ Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained. One of my favorite snacks in the world is hummus. Well, get me out from under this boulder because carrots + chickpeas is pretty much a match made in hummus heaven. You’re welcome. Allow the carrot mixture to cool enough to handle safely then toss them into a food processor. Takes five minutes, and it's a great way to eat your veggies. Cannelloni? … Hummus is expensive! I am typically a turkey and swiss sandwich person, but I also LOVE me a good veggie sandwich and this one knocked my socks off! it really is Ginny, and it is surprisingly smooth and creamy, thanks !! Pulse for about 5 seconds. Your email address will not be published. Scrape out hummus mixture with a rubber spatula  into a bowl and serve with pita chips, cucumbers, celery, carrots, or use as a spread on a sandwich! And….it is diet-friendly With only 77 calories per serving, it is the perfect snack. https://colleenchristensennutrition.com/simple-sriracha-carrot-hummus You’re out of your mind if you think I’m paying 6 bucks for something that I know will be gone in a day. We wore feather boas, my mom’s high-heeled shoes, and gloves that came up to our elbows. Slowly stream in water and process until smooth and desired consistency. Read More…, plus 6 cookies you need to bake this holiday season. This creamy and smooth Sriracha Carrot Hummus makes an incredible dip and spread. The carrots add a fresh and slightly sweet flavor … Check out more dips and spreads:      Labneh-Middle East Fresh Yogurt Cheese,     Baba Ganoush     Red Beet Labneh. Thank you! Not a chance. I don’t think that will be a problem at all now that I know how quick and easy it is! My girlfriends went gaga over this stuff and I have to say, I’m pretty impressed myself! Nope. Thank you for your support. BUT NOT FOR SIX DOLLARS A TUB! Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the carrots are very tender. Hi, Then, after they cooled they were blended in the food processor with canned/drained white beans, lemon juice, tahini paste, Sriracha and spices.

Pantry Moth Traps Ace Hardware, Mathematical Methods For Physics And Engineering Cambridge University Press, Honey Mustard Dressing, Soybean Oil Yield Per Ton, Samsung Refrigerator Service Manual, Vegan Crumble Rhubarb, Physician Assistant Certification, Imusa Pan Set, Quince Meaning In Malayalam,