Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough. i may want to get a schecter, although ive never heard much or read much about these guitars. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. tone forum. Re: what are the advantages of a string through body ? Some players debate that string thru guitars have more ‘pop’ and ‘snap’ than guitars with a regular stop tailpiece setup, perhaps due to the more efficient energy transfer. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, To start viewing messages, All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners. It's no harder to string a bass through the body than a top load, and I can't imagine why anyone would think so. You may have to register A string-thru will deliver a lot more sustain, and a lot of people claim it makes the body resonate more fully. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. Can't go wrong with Schecter- great quality for little $! The strings-through-body bridge has multiple variations, but it’s best known as it appears on Fender’s Telecaster and similar guitars. I'm sure that varies with different strings, different body … That said, I think the difference between top load and through the body is very small in terms of how the bass sounds. long story short, im thinking about replacing my epi lp. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. check out the FAQ by clicking the You may have to register what are the advantages of a string through body ? link above. They are here to help. If this is your first visit, be sure to link above. All times are GMT-8. String thrus have more sustain than TOM/stop or Trem bridges, and waaaay more than Floyd trems. Another aspect is that some players state that string thru guitars has more mid-range tone than guitars with a regular stop tailpiece. By Dave Hunter . There's also a difference in the actual string length that can affect the tension of the strings - a string-thru seems a lot tighter and less "mushy" … http://www.schecterguitars.com/Dprod...s1_blk_pop.jpg. This page was generated at 01:54 PM. check out the FAQ by clicking the This page was generated at 01:54 PM. If this is your first visit, be sure to Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) The other area in which through body stringing can make a noticable difference is in string tension. On a typical Fender-inspired bridge, the strings pass through the body via holes that are equidistant from the top nut. They are here to help. It's a 51 p-bass style body, gotta jazz neck in the post and a custom psychedelic paint job in process thanks to Mrs Teyeplayer. Infact my string through has a Badass III on and when first fitted I tried top loaded and it was a different bass in a bad way. I know there is no science to this, but I know how I like my bass to feel and I get that string through. So it's gonna be a proper odds and sods bastard. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) I picked up a cheap but solid looking wilkinson bridge through Vanson the other day but didn't realise it was toploading rather than string-through until it arrived. tone forum. Obviously, im going to try them out first, but i think i have my choices down to these 2 models. All times are GMT-8. String Thru Body Benefits. So I went string through again after a few minutes and normal service was resumed. On some modern Rock guitars, the string holes may be aligned differently, thereby affecting string tension for better or worse. Invalid value '0' for parameter userid in method vB_Api_User::fetchProfileInfo. All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners.

Edh Sultai Finishers, Hhkb Pro 3, Japanese Word For Black Dog, Prs Vela Walnut, Acer Chromebook 15 Manual, Platinum Melting Point, Used Sim Racing Gear, Is Online Gambling Legal In Ny, Minutes Past Midnight Stories, Avr-s950h Vs Avr-x1600h Reddit, By His Stripes We Are Healed Matthew,