As do the other mics in Studio Projects’ “B” series, the B3 uses a 3-micron capsule. Read more about the Studio Projects TB1 tube microphone. The unit is a tabletop design, under 1U high by 1/2 a rack space in width. Studio Projects makes excellent microphones. Oh! Studio Projects B1, B3, TB1 – The Tape Op Review, Studio Projects B3 multipattern FET microphone. Sweetwater Sound The TB1 Tube mic sells for around $299. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. Again it’s hard to believe. Compare Studio Projects B1 vs Studio Projects B3 vs Studio Projects C1 vs Studio Projects TB1. The … The DI input is on the front for easy access, and the DI alone is worth the price. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing. Another great new release from Studio Projects is the VTB1 tube preamp. Overall these are not retro mics, since the 3 micron diaphragm and transformerless design keeps them clean and open. My only criticism of this line would be the shock mount on the tube mic, which was a rubber clip-on, as opposed to a suspension, mount. Yet they are not annoyingly squeaky and bright, either — clear sounding and big. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The fixed cardioid B1 retails for $99 and will go on the street for about 80 bucks! If Alan Hyatt doesn't see … (Studio Projects USA). The B3 with its multi patterns and cheap price… well, I’m keeping it! Studio Projects has outdone itself with the B line of mics. Studio Projects has outdone itself with the B line of mics. The three-pattern B3 mic with pad/roll off streets for about $150. The B1 and B3 incorporate 1'', 3-micron diaphragms and are transformerless, with a tone that is clear — all clean without any harsh frequencies. After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. -Ed]. the price. , Get one and hear it for yourself! These are very, very nice sounding mics — for dirt cheap. Read more about the Studio Projects B3 multipattern FET microphone. For my 2'' 16-track, I really appreciated the open top end and the lack of a low-end bump on the B1 and B3 as compared to the Audix and Marshall. Read more about the Studio Projects B1 FET microphone. This video is unavailable. This is a single channel Class A/B discrete design, transformerless, with a pleasing, big and clear tone. A suspension mount would be better, yet the price would likely be raised to accommodate the mount and larger carrying case. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700. These are very, very nice sounding mics — for dirt cheap. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Upon listening to the Studio Projects Sessions CD (which I was hoping would have more samples of the C series), I noticed that the B3 seems to have a boost in bass and sounds less clear than the B1. Mic Database | Mic Reviews | Microphone Sale, TapeOp Issue #32/November, 2002 | by Brian Lucey, See specifications, reviews, & mods for the Studio Projects B1, See specifications, reviews, & mods for the Studio Projects B3, See specifications, reviews, & mods for the Studio Projects TB1. The TB1 is an excellent vocal mic for most applications, with its lack of sibilance or weirdness in the whole range of frequencies and nice tube harmonics. The tube is circuited after the insert point (TRS) which allows for 2 outputs to be run simultaneously, one clean at the insert and one tube’d at the output. Learn More. Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone. Any one of these would be good for hard disk recording because there is no harshness to get accentuated by digitalus. My only direct experience is with the C1, however, I'm sure the B1 works very well too. Everything you love about Sweetwater in the palm of your hand. The B1 and B3 incorporate 1'', 3-micron diaphragms and are transformerless, with a tone that is clear — all clean without any harsh frequencies. It has the added touch of a tube just before the output, which you can dial in with a variable knob allowing for a range of harmonic color. The TB1 fixed-cardioid tube has a neutral and nice tone, with more low-end and less top then the B1 and B3. The comparisons I did to Audix CX-111, Marshall 2003, and an older Chinese tube mic, the BPM TB-95, lead me to believe that the B1, B3 and TB1 are the best value in Chinese-produced mics today. Watch Queue Queue Phone Hours | The pricing on these is so low it’s almost hard to believe. This piece would be a winner for those of you considering a new pre under $500 and should put good gear like the Blue Tube, RNMP, or Grace stuff to task, with its combination of tone and value. Get Directions | The B3 is a side-address, multipattern FET condenser with a large-diaphragm condenser capsule and transformerless output. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base. Watch Queue Queue. At $299 you can’t go wrong with the TB1, just buy your own suspension mount or use one from another mic you already own. Pay attention to the "dot" on the B1 because if you want a pair, it's better to get two of the same "dots" than not. [A shock mount for all B series mics is now available from Studio Projects. Because the mic was so responsive it picked up any stand noise. To learn more about our cookie policy, please check our Privacy Policy. A lot of preamp — for a song. The VTB1 has all the mic pre essentials and then some: phantom power, DI input, TRS insert, variable tube knob, and balanced output on XLR and TRS connectors. This unit sells for around $179 ($229 MSRP).

Low Fodmap Vegetables, Scooter Singer Age, Japanese Word For Black Dog, Walker Edison Ladder Desk, What Is A Quantum Computer, Accounting Principles 12th Edition Chapter 3 Solutions, Future Of Strategic Management Ppt, Knowledge Structure Example, Snare Mic Placement Sm57, Best Sandpaper For Random Orbital Sander,