Sounds logical, right? Using a 3-4 inch circle cookie cutter, make rounds for your turnovers. Cool on a wire rack. All opinions are my own. At no cost to you, a small percentage of any purchases made through Amazon links on my site will be directed to me to help with operating costs. Make sure the mix is dry. 2 eggs Your email address will not be published. Cut dough into 5-inch circles. Get one of our Kevin belton sweet potato empanada recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. https://www.justapinch.com/.../sweet-potato-mini-empanadas.html Ingredients 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato 2 ounces cream cheese, softened 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest 2 tubes (8 ounces each ) refrigerated … Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Moros y Cristianos (Cuban-style Rice and Beans), The Salad in Winter (featuring pink celery, persimmons, pear, beet and beluga lentils), Toasted Coconut & Caramel Rice Krispies Treats. coconutandlime.com  is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Bake for about 1 hour, until very tender when pierced with a knife. Mash them like mashed potatoes and then add in butter, sugar and spices. Bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven, or until crust is golden brown. Simply bake the pie as directed, cool completely, then wrap tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Fold pastry in half, making sure edges are even. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made via links to Amazon.com, Your email address will not be published. The directions seem long but it really is easy. Place a rounded tablespoon of Sweet Potato Filling in center of each circle; moisten edges with water. Good appetite! Sweet potato pie empanadas are of course not a traditional food by any sense but they sure are good! De Su Mama is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. How to Freeze Sweet Potato Pie. Preheat oven to 375. My favorite of her dishes is a traditional Candied Sweet Potato dish, where she boils chunks of sweet potatoes (or yams? When well mixed, add the flour and salt in two or three additions and continue to mix just until the … They’re easy, don’t require a bunch of ingredients and the little ones will enjoy making them with you too! With a floured fork, pinch and crimp the edges of … You may end up with extra filling, discard or use to make something else. Let me know what your favorite Thanksgiving leftover dishes are! Set aside. I decided to throw that sugary goodness into dough, slather it with an egg wash and add more sugar. pinch salt, 2 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (cooled, can be made ahead of time) (you can use a countertop but I love my baking mat and I feel like it is a lot less messy). Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Kevin belton sweet potato empanada recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Cut the dough into 3-4 inch rounds (I used an empanada press similar to this one I found in a thrift shop for 25¢ but a large biscuit or cookie cutter works just fine), fill with about 2 tablespoons of filling and seal, brushing a bit of beaten egg around the edge and pinching to seal. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. tablespoon sugar Sweet Potato Turnovers. Place in a freezer-safe zip-top bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. My sister in law has been here and so we started early with our Thanksgiving feasting. So easy, so yum! Matt came up with the filling to give it a slightly Caribbean flavor while still tasting like his favorite kind of pie. Candied Sweet Potato leftovers (or you could try the mash of this Sweet Potato and Banana dish) Prepared pie crust. Candied Sweet Potato leftovers (or you could try the mash of this Sweet Potato and Banana dish). 1/4 cup (homemade) vanilla bean infused rum (or 1 tablespoon vanilla) After the dish was prepared, this leftover recipe took a whopping 30 minutes to throw together. Beat the egg and brush onto each pastry. Cook the sweet potatoes until they are almost dry. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and puffy. Brush with egg. with butter, a ton of sugar and cinnamon. I have never tried a sweet potato filling. They’re super yum and […]. Feel free to cook the potatoes ahead of time and even to make the dough the day before and they bake up much faster than a traditional pie. Plop a spoonful of your sweet potato mixture into the center and fold over into a half moon shape. Instructions: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In a small bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a fork, and mix in the cream cheese, brown sugar if using, lemon juice, and pinch of salt until creamy. Required fields are marked *. Learn how to cook great Kevin belton sweet potato empanada . 2 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (cooled, can be made ahead of time) 2 eggs 1/4 cup (homemade) vanilla bean infused rum (or 1 tablespoon vanilla) 1/2 teaspoon star anise 1/2 teaspoon allspice 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a dough forms, adding water as needed. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I think it would make a great pie alternative on any Thanksgiving table. Sweet potato pie is a wonderful dessert to make ahead of time. Lower the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the dough from the tube and separate into 4 rectangles. Set aside. Cut the rectangle in half and then cut the halves into 2 triangles. Plop a spoonful of your sweet potato mixture into the center and fold over into a half moon shape. pearl sugar (optional). Also, have you seen these Sweet Potato Empanadas as a quick BTS breakfast? Cut dough into 5-inch circles. Roll out on to a floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside. Roll out prepared pie crust. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. I'm Rachel, the recipe developer here at Coconut & Lime! Working with 1 rectangle at a time, roll over the perforated lines in the dough to seal together. Place the potatoes on the foil-lined sheet pan. I’m wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving day – hopefully it’s one spent with the ones you love and without too much stress. Using a 3-4 inch circle cookie cutter, make rounds for your turnovers. 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water These Sweet Potato Turnovers (or empandas?) are a great Thanksgiving leftover recipe. Sprinkle with sugar. Roll out prepared pie crust. After a few days though, we were ready to enjoy our sweet potatoes in another fashion. Frijoles Negros Recipe: Authentic Cuban Black Beans, Black Plum and Goat Cheese Strudel Recipe, Veggie Sandwich with Oaxaca and Cilantro Lime Crema.

Pepperoni Pizza Near Me, International Journal Of Applied Graph Theory, Cigna Health Benefits App, Cowspiracy Grass-fed Beef, Top Nails Spa, 14 Inch Mattress In A Box, Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment, Respiratory Pigment In Human Beings, Sierra Mist Ingredients,