The marinade of the tempeh was slightly overpowering in the dish, something to balance it was needed to take the dish to the next level. We did have a nice night but we were actually hungry when returned home. We had been given advice by a few friendly locals that this was a great fine dining experience and they were certainly not wrong. The experience is designed to be savoured (not rushed), the prices are correct for what is provided. This highly functional and stylish apron also comes with cross-back straps which are unusual for a kitchen-type apron and it offers a unique headphones loop that prevents your headphones from getting in the way of your cooking, thus making it more fun to cook. V much worth the trip. The venison was chewy and an extremely small portion. Beautiful spot , This is not your run of the mill high end restaurant. Only 3 left in stock. 38-68 Balmoral Rd (7,448.18 mi) Montville, QLD, Australia 4560. Regards, The second dish, featuring wild mushrooms, snap peas, asparagus and parmesan was an explosion of deliciousness. The Long Apron is a dining experience that insists on a lengthy stay. The...More, Every dish! V much worth the trip.More, Thank you for your review Robyn! Aprons: 1930s – 1940s. Both the tempeh & tarte tatin dishes could do with some more balancing. Service was attentive, the restaurant is lovely but we didn't quite feel like we received value for the dollars spent. ENTREES: We both had the Double-baked shellfish souffle which was topped with a poached yabby and what the waitress said was a crispy tarragon cracker coloured by squid ink. It is an ‘organic menu’ that adjusts to the changes constantly happening around us and highlights the best of our region, seasonal French inspired dishes, which blend classic techniques and the finest local produce with exquisite results. Originally from the Victorian town of Bright, he started out working alongside Patrizia Simone, … I have not only eaten here when i stayed but a number of other times to enjoy a modern french influenced ever changing menu.Plating and service are outstanding. Onto the food though, as this was pretty close to perfect, all delicious and so nicely presented. Another favourite was the dessert which was bitter chocolate marquise with almond praline. I would like to know more regarding your experience. The food was a feast for the senses. If you have an uncommon passion for this incredible industry and a drive to learn new skills then this could be the opportunity for you. Are you sure you want to delete this question? perfectly matched to each course, and perfectly portioned too. Also, I didn’t appreciate the dogs in the restaurant.More, Overall, we had a lovely experience. Fellow serving at the bar was attentive and personable. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. Get quick answers from The Long Apron staff and past visitors. The experience is designed to be savoured (not rushed), the prices are correct for what is provided. Chutoral 4 Pack Aprons Adjustable Aprons Cotton Linen Aprons with 2 Pockets Cooking Aprons for Men Women Home Kitchen Restaurant Unisex. There are all sorts of designs, sizes and colours for every appetite and any age. There were some exquisite components of the tarte tatin, including the wild mushroom and outer pastry of the tarte tatin. An apron is a garment that is worn over other clothing and covers mainly the front of the body. Mark, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The senior one, whose name unfortunately we didn't take, was excellent and highly professional - if both were of that standard we would...have rated 5 stars for service. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. However, I think my choice was even better: A bitter chocolate marquise topped with a hand of red wine poached pear slices with a sprinkling of crispy almond praline. Hotels near Montville Visitor Information Centre, Hotels near Artworks in Clay by Anne Gentry-Smith, Hotels near Ben Messina Landscapes Gallery. The experience is designed to be savoured (not rushed), the prices are correct for what is provided. For the opportunity to join The Long Apron family simply email your resume with a cover letter to fb.clovelly@spicersretreats.com . Not at the Long Apron which seems to have perfected the art of portion size and spacing between courses, so you feel satisfied but not over full. We shared bits of each other's dishes and were both pleased. have rated 5 stars for service. The negatives: using culinary terms that bear no resemblance to the original meaning;...More, The Long Apron restaurant in the Clovelly Spicers Retreat in Montville is a very difficult restaurant to rate. the goats cheese with caramelized onion which we couldn't fault. The suckling pig was also gorgeous. FREE Delivery on your first order shipped by Amazon. Superb food and fine service in a classy estate - stay there! Delish! While we only ordered the usual three course dinner, we were served with several ‘in between’ snacks/ appetite opener / palate cleanser...More, So we went to the long apron in a group of 4 hoping to have a nice lunch for my sisters birthday. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? The horseradish possessed a nice little 'bite'. The staff are incredibly knowledgeable, exceptionally trained, I left a large tip and will go back. Visited the Long Apron in October 2020. Reserve a table at The Long Apron, Montville on Tripadvisor: See 384 unbiased reviews of The Long Apron, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #3 of 20 restaurants in Montville. The texture and taste of that was superb and the souffle was delicate though one diner (me) would have liked another of the gently cooked yabbies. Our tasting menu doesn’t change every season but when the time is right. My partner absolutely loved this tart and combination. Also provided a return transfer back to our accommodation. Head chef at The Long Apron, Cameron Matthews, has been in the business for more than 20 years. Another favourite was the dessert which was bitter chocolate marquise with almond praline. Acting General Manager Overall we found it a little pretentious. The...More, Hello We thought the tart pastry was perfect. The suckling pig was also gorgeous. Drinks prices are on the high side but that is the market they work in so be prepared. We thought the tart pastry was perfect. Onto the food though, as this was pretty close to perfect, all delicious and so nicely presented. By 7.20pm, we had been served 3 courses...plus wine, and been given the bill. 50. I had the Pan-seared barramundi which was perfectly cooked with excellent crispy crusty skin and dressed with a horseradish veloute covering potato ribbons and braised leek. I'd be interested to see how their vegetarian degustation changes with the seasons too. Welcome to The Long Apron The signature restaurant of Montville’s picturesque Spicers Clovelly Estate. Are you sure you want to delete this question? I can't fault the place, everything was at the top end of the market, food and service were faultless. aprons. The first dish, scallop ceviche, was overly tart, puckering really and one scallop doesn't...go very far. Choose from simple block-colour options, floral styles for a country kitchen aesthetic or cheeky cartoon and slogan designs to keep both little and big kids happy. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? The Long Apron Sunshine Coast; The Long Apron, Montville; Get Menu, Reviews, Contact, Location, Phone Number, Maps and more for The Long Apron Restaurant on Zomato It is an icon with title location-fill Relaxed but firmly luxurious.More, We were excited to have the opportunity to go to the Long Apron and didn't think twice about ordering the degustation. I had the Pan-seared barramundi which was perfectly cooked with excellent crispy crusty skin and dressed with a horseradish veloute covering potato ribbons and braised leek. Almost perfectly delivered dinner for two. Watermelon tartare was a delightfully refreshing start, smoked octopus to die for, as was the duck with a pear terrine. So delicious. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. However, the service was extremely rushed and it felt like the staff couldn’t wait to get us out of there! Thank you for your review Nadine! If you always choose recognisable dishes and like to have...More, My partner and I visited The Long Apron whilst staying in Montville in July 2019. MAINS: My partner had the Confit duck leg with roasted quince, braised red cabbage and five-spice jus and very much appreciated it. The Long Apron is the signature restaurant of Spicers Clovelly Estate. Both the tempeh & tarte tatin dishes could do with some more balancing. A very nice restaurant that does silly things, Romantic environment for the adventurous diner providing lasting memories, Polystyrene balls in desert, had to fetch my own menu and all meals served cold.

Borderlands 3 Hotfix Not Applying, Arabic Word Generator, Swahili Grammar Checker, Calories In Tuna Sashimi 6 Pieces, Club Sandwich Ingredients, Italian Beef Pizza Recipe,