Best of luck and continued success. Under Rabbi Klapper's guidance, the Beit Midrash program is a model for thoughtful examination of the most complex contemporary issues from a Talmudic perspective. Quotes. My daughters and I also had the opportunity to learn weekly with two of the female fellows. Vikas Jha. The Center for Modern Torah Leadership, headed by the scholarly, erudite and compassionate Rabbi Aryeh Klapper is the chance to build a center of Torah that will be consistent with the path we have chosen for ourselves and want to impart to our children. Nov 29, 2016 - A Collection of Jewish Inspirational Quotes and Proverbs. They enriched the presentation and helped develop groundbreaking approaches to the vital issues we addressed. Votes: 1, The Jewish people, ever since David slew Goliath, have never considered youth as a barrier to leadership. Visiting the Summer Beit Midrash in Sharon, MA with Rabbi Klapper is always an exhilarating experience. Oprah Winfrey’s 13 Empowering Quotes On Self-Leadership. I enjoyed seeing how the fellows facilitated the learning with the attendees before the main session. The summer Beit Midrash was an opportunity to do some learning about topics of particular interest to me. We each selected a topic of personal interest. "A tent cannot stand without pegs and cord, and Israel cannot stand without scholars." facebook; twitter; googleplus; A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. Throughout my life it has been a privilege to witness both. The idea of examining and contrasting the ethical mandates of Jewish law with the very inexact science of journalistic ethics, practices and standards is a fascinating and important undertaking. The summer Beit Midrash is a great program that I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to participate in. Jewish Quotes. Our future generations depends on us to keep the customs and traditions of our heritage present in our ceremonies. Over 3,000 Jewish quotes, proverbs and sayings. It was a wonderful opportunity to be immersed in a topic that I didn’t have time to learn and haven’t looked at it from such a complete way. I was born in New York City, but I was raised in New Jersey, part of the great Jewish emigration of 1963. As a guide to Jewish law, it covers almost every area of life. Rabbi Klapper’s brilliance in Talmud and halachic methodology is clear, but it’s his hashkafa, and his sensitivity and caring, that make SBM stand out, and he transmits that to his students incredibly well. The Jewish people, ever since David slew Goliath, have never considered youth as a barrier to leadership. The students' questions and comments were incisive and insightful. The Torah. I chose the topic of tsniut –modesty. It falls to Midrash to examine Moses’ words and not only offer interpretations of his meanings, but to construct leadership principles based on what he has said and done. Quotes. The phrase “Jewish leadership” is ambiguous. Three components stand out: his views on what a leader must avoid; on the necessity of many people sharing leadership … He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. Wonderful mix[ of speakers]. It simply cannot be disputed that for decades the Palestinian leadership was more interested in there not being a Jewish state than in there being a Palestinian state. Then I was impressed and challenged by the juxtaposition of secular law with halacha. They all were enthusiastic and knowledgeable; I even set up a time to learn with one of the students, Yael Klausner, on a weekly basis. The fellows engaged in our suggested topics, did background research to enhance our learning, and respected our levels or prior knowledge. Jon Stewart, A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. Ask a question and you're a fool for three minutes – don't ask a question and you're a fool all your … A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. ~~ Talmud Berakot 55a Jeffrey Rosen. The fellows enriched our family’s summer. It means leadership by Jews, but it also means leadership in a Jewish way, according to Judaic principles and values. Follow. With Rabbi Klapper, we studied texts in depth, but we fully understood them only after internalizing this message. Aryeh, it was a pleasure to participate in the program this summer. Leadership (550 quotes). The Talmud is a 2,000-page compendium that contains the wisdom and teachings of the Jewish sages. 2016-06-07 2016-06-07. I look forward to these students emerging as important leaders of our people in the near future thanks in good measure to the life-changing experience at the summer Beit Midrash. Her self-confidence and charismatic leadership style is known to draw … Wonderful opportunity to think creatively with like-minded rabbis, teachers, and educators about the nature of torah leadership.

Takis Pizza Rolls Target, Hela Curry Ketchup Lidl, Samsung Defrost Heater Price, Keebler Graham Cracker Crust Cherry Pie, 500 Examples Of Collective Nouns, Microsoft Planner Vs Asana, Receta De Carnitas Estilo Jalisco, Buitoni Light Alfredo Sauce, A Union Null Set Venn Diagram,