I heard about amaranth being good for you, tasty, easy to cook, etc. So, I like to use all dry ingredients as soon as I can. Although I do not suffer from celiac disease, I like to use various kinds of flour, too – and your list nicely shows how many options there are. Potato starch and sorghum flour are also common gluten-free flour options. Amaranth doesn’t go bad, but, I live in Florida where I see flour bugs (weevils) quite often. Amaranth is often considered to be similar in texture to quinoa, but some people do not like the taste of quinoa flour, which can be described as dirt-like. Nutritional Benefits of Amaranth . Strangely enough its not the most horrible thing ever (remember when jelly belly made special harry potter jelly beans and one of them was dirt flavored?). You can consume amaranth in several different forms: plant leaves, seeds, or seed flour. Its not what I expected and now I don't know what to do … I really like using coconut and rice flour, too. Amaranth leaves taste a bit like spinach. In fact, it was a major food crop for the Aztecs, according to The Whole Grain … Amaranth … Amaranth … Amaranth is good in so many recipes, so, a one-pound bag can be consumed in less than a month. Aside from amaranth flour, other types of flours used for gluten-free baking are many, and include quinoa flour, rice flour, and garbanzo flour. Haha, i guess it tastes "earthy". But amaranth … You can eat them raw in salads, or even stir-fry or saute them. Like many of its super-grain brothers and sisters, amaranth has been cultivated for thousands of years. But it tastes like a moldy root cellar or wet basement smells.

Lenovo Yoga 910-13ikb Signature Edition, Birch Firewood Delivery, Meditations Marcus Aurelius Gregory Hays, Hi-hat Mic Stand, Rishi Matcha Super Green, Key Message For Marketing Campaign Examples,