Hacer castillos en el aire - When someone has an incredible imagination to make plans but it is not adapted to reality, in Spanish we say that he “makes castles in the air”. Irse por las ramas - This expression is said when somebody loses his focus in the middle of an explanation and simply starts to give either too many details or switches the topic of the explanation easily, missing the point of it. It literally means bear hug. For example: “Éramos cuatro gatos, así que cancelamos la reunión”, in English: “We were just a few of us, so we had to cancel the meeting”. English teachers, what's the difference between 'into' and 'in to'? Tener mala leche - We say that someone has bad temper using this expression, which translated into English would be “to have bad milk”. She changes up her style often, her hair and clothes, she doesn't care what people think most of the time. Tired of mockery, Austrian village changes name. Although the correct form is oso de peluche, many Spanish … Dar calabazas - This is a sad one. Its equivalent in Chile is “pilas” and “ojo”, which is also used in Argentina. Estar como una cabra - In Spain this expression is used to say that somebody is a bit crazy, or completely crazy. If someone call you, what should I say  "who is this", or What does abrazo de oso mean in Spanish? As in English, un abrazo de oso, is a tight hug that you use to show your affection to someone. Tomar el pelo - The English equivalent for this expression is “pulling someone’s leg”. Vaina - The English word of it would be “thing” or “stuff”, and in Chile it can be used to mean almost anything. Android. It has a pejorative meaning. In Argentina they would say “centavo”. Foreman doesn't pull punches over Tyson-Jones Jr. Estar en la luna - When somebody is absent-minded we use the expression “to be at the moon”. You can download it for free on your Fiaca - This is the word Argentinians use to say that they feel lazy or they don’t really wan’t to do something. Still have questions? Comerse el coco - This Spanish expression can be literally translated as “to eat your coconut”, and it means “to overthink”. ), Victoria Sfriso For example, “No tengo un duro” is “I don’t have money”. In Argentina they will say “¡Qué copado!”, “¡Qué chido!” in Mexico, and “¡Qué chilero!” in Guatemala. Aguas - It is the slang Mexican short expression for “Be careful!”. - Top Travel Blogs for South America outreach@vidalingua.com to let us know. She has the most loud and crazy laugh ever, Mica doesn't have a settled one. Duro - It means money in Spain. - Spanish people will use this expression to say that something is “Cool!”. "who is calling"? Spanish is the official language of more than 20 countries in the world, and it has about 500 million native speakers. Mastering slang words and phrases will make your Spanish sound natural, like a native speaker. Ser un ratón de biblioteca - It’s a nice expression for students. ¡Hasta pronto! In Guatemala, “wirito” or “gúirito”. No importa un pimiento - Or also: “Me importa un pepino”, it is the expression used to say that something it’s not important. It’s a teddy bear. Mate - If you fall deeply in love in Cuba, they will say you are “mate”. - “Do it right away” In Cuba, “chavos”. I was in the grocery store a while back and the clerk was a lady who seemed like she was just learning english (she had a really heavy accent and I overheard some of the other clerks helping her) and she called me "mika", and I remembered how my friends great grandmother says that a lot and was just curious as to what it means? Can you tell the difference between the German and Dutch languages? (See you soon! Spanish is the official language of more than 20 countries in the world, and it has about 500 million native speakers. Have you written an article about language or travel? Lead Spanish Linguist This expression has many equivalents in different countries such as: “¿Qué más?” (Chile), “¿Qué hubo?” (Chile), “¿Qué onda?” (Argentina and Guatemala), “¿Qué pasa?” (Spain). Buena onda - In Chile and Argentina it means “Cool”, and it can be used to say that somebody is cool but also for places or moments. Chilean Spanish speakers would use “pega”, Argentinians “laburo”, and Spaniards “tajo” or “curro”. ¡Cómo mola! Tener pájaros en la cabeza - In Spanish, dreamy people “have birds in their heads”. See 6 authoritative translations of Mica in English with example sentences and audio pronunciations. It’s used when somebody spends a lot of time studying, also as a synonym of “nerd”. Tinto - For Chilean Speakers it is the word for “black coffee”. Slang words vary a lot from country to country, even from city to city. If not could you please correct them? Be careful - It also means “monkey”. In Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina, they would say “feca” as the slang word for “coffee”. Mica is a really pretty girl, she can be weird sometimes but knows how to make someone laugh. - Top Online Tutors for Learning Spanish If you want to keep them in your pocket, try Spanish Translator + by VidaLingua. Chamba - It means “work” in Peru. For example: “Hazlo al tiro”. For example, “¡Esta fiesta es la caña!” - “This party is so cool!”. Piola - It’s the way Argentinians say somebody or something is “Cool”. Its equivalent in Mexico is “fresa”, “cheto” for Argentina and “sifrino” in Venezuela. Tirar la toalla - “Give up” is the phrasal verb which suits best the meaning of this expression. This slang words and expressions found in this article come mostly from Spain and some Latin American countries. Mahgoona baram ? Es la caña - It is an expression used in Spain to say that something or someone is “cool”. In Spain they would use “buen rollo” instead. Fome - This means “boring” in Chilean Spanish, it is a widely used word along the whole country. Download Interested in travel and language? It is widely used in Chile. This article will teach you these slang words and many others. Why should you correct me on the pronunciation of your dumb name? It doesn’t make any sense, isn’t it? Mono - The Cuban and Spaniard word for “Cute” or “Pretty”. It could also make reference to a situation, or action. Literal translation is pretty funny: I don’t care a cucumber. In Mexico, “chamaco”. Are those senteces correct? M'hija = mi hija, literally 'my daughter' but often used by older women to younger women or girls. Do you know what the words "piola", "fome" or "fiaca" mean in English? Its equivalent in Mexico is “cuate” or “güey”, “tipo” or “chabón” in Argentina, “chavo” in Guatemala and “pata” in Peru. Which languages are more similar, Czech and Slovak or Italian and Neapolitan. Can someone tell me what this means-- it is spelled it the way it sounds it is Farsi. We might link to it! Al tiro - It is a short expression used to say “right away”. - Top Travel Blogs for Spain Quilombo - This is a nice slang word from Argentina and Uruguay which means “scandal”, “mess” or “racket”. Email Dar una mano - If you need help, you can ask somebody “to give you a hand”. Learn Spanish + for free on your iPhone or iPad. - Spanish Verb Conjugation My friend is mexican and her great grandma can't speak a word of english, so I hear them talking in spanish a lot and I hear her call my friend "mika" a lot. The English equivalent would be “to be nuts”. So, imagine the huge amount of slang words and expressions we could find for each country that speaks Spanish! Translate Mica. What does mika (spanish) mean? ¿Qué huele? My friend is mexican and her great grandma can't speak a word of english, so I hear them talking in spanish a lot and I hear her call my friend "mika" a lot. Chaval - The Spanish word for “boy” or “kid”. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Ser la oveja negra - This is a nice expression which literally means “To be the black sheep” and it makes reference to a person which is different or weird.

Healthy Sweet Potato Wedges, Wireless Strapless Bra, What Did The Sforza Family Do, Lavinia Of The Tenth Foil, Serta Iseries Hybrid 1000 Firm, Lenovo Ideapad L340-17irh Review, Buy Sea Kale, Samsung Chromebook 4, Benefits Of Molasses And Apple Cider Vinegar,