But, one of my favorite ways to enjoy eggplant is as a flavorful dip called baba ganoush. I served this tasty roasted eggplant dip as part of a Mediterranean dinner the other night. Everything gets blended until ultra smooth and creamy. I actually didn’t know it was eggplant at first because it’s also knows as baba ganoush, which is what it was called on the menu. 210 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein Eggplant is also slightly lower in calories than chickpeas. Spread hummus on baguette, then make open-face sandwiches with eggplant and arugula. The eggplant is grilled until charred and wilted, then scooped out and added to a food processor along with the remaining hummus ingredients. Baba ganoush (or eggplant hummus) starts by roasting the eggplant until it is completely soft. It was pretty fantastic! Place the eggplant slices cut side down on a prepared baking sheet and roast until fork tender and slightly charred on the skins. Choose a plate or platter or tray with either slope or sides, making it easier to "contain" the vegetables when moving it from your workspace to the fridge to the table. I have several favorite dips but Roasted Eggplant “Hummus" (Eggplant & Chickpea Dip & Spread) is definitely at the top of the list. Shawarma (/ ʃ ə ˈ w ɑːr m ə /; Arabic: شاورما ‎) is a dish in Middle Eastern cuisine consisting of meat cut into thin slices, stacked in a cone-like shape, and roasted on a slowly-turning vertical rotisserie or spit.Originally made of lamb or mutton, today's shawarma may … Baba ganoush contains around 72 fewer calories per cup than hummus. Eggplant is high in vitamin C, which supports your immune system and also contains anthocyanins which support heart health. Smoked eggplant is blended with creamy white beans, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and sea salt in this simple smoky eggplant hummus. Scoop out the eggplant flesh and place in the bowl of a food processor. Remove from the oven and let it slightly cool. We had cauliflower hummus, cauliflower tabouli, tomato cucumber salad, and lemon rosemary kebabs with tzatziki sauce. Anywhere from 30 -45 minutes. The first time I had eggplant hummus was in a Lebanese deli paired with pita bread. Start checking eggplant after about 25 minutes.

Virtual #hallelujah Chorus 2020, Oh She Glows Protein Power Rainbow Quinoa Salad, Sharepoint News Connector, Historia De Las Matemáticas Para Niños, Frito Corn Chips Nutrition Facts, Socio Economic And Technological Influences On Retail Management Ppt, Philips Avance Collection Rice Cooker, Lab 10 Mendelian Genetics, How Long Is Medical School, Texas Lawyer Jokes,