You can wrap your sausage with a strip of bacon or top it off with crunchy bacon bits. Here you'll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. I can’t end this list without the most iconic German beverage, can I? Put your favorite veggies on a skewer and grill them to perfection. Don’t worry though, because I am here to help turn your barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest. This pair is a classic tandem that traditionalists will appreciate. Copyright © 2020 Whole Lotta Yum on the Seasoned Pro Theme, The 20 BEST Side Dishes for Brats + Recipes. When picking a vessel for your bratwurst, don’t settle for soft buns that get soggy in a matter of... 2. Alternatively, you can also saute it with some butter or oil in a cast-iron skillet. I’m Jen, a full-time recipe creator and food photographer behind Whole Lotta Yum. A cold pilsner or doppelbock is best, but honestly, any brew will do. Since my husband’s dad came from Germany, eating sausage such as bratwurst is something we eat regularly. Contact Us, What to Serve with Bratwurst: 14 Savory Side Dishes, Click Here to Get Our Top 10 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas, Easy Mexican Rice Recipe (Restaurant-Style), 15 Thanksgiving Side Dishes (+ Easy Recipes). You also don’t need to go crazy when thinking about what to serve with bratwurst! Don’t forget to slather that corn with butter! Equally smoky and savory much like bratwurst, it only makes sense to pair these two meats up. Your email address will not be published. From spaetzle and sauerkraut to plenty of beer, here are the 14 best side dishes for bratwurst. You can use kielbasa, knackwurst, or bratwurst in this hearty casserole recipe that's perfect for a cold winter night. Uncover and raise heat to medium; boil the sauce until it reduces to a thick, syrupy liquid, about 20 … 1 teaspoon celery salt. https://www.food.com/recipe/bratwurst-and-sauerkraut-skillet-425348 Summer just isn’t the same without backyard BBQ’s, brats, and beer. Either way, they’re both equally satisfying choices. Required fields are marked *. 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Boil all three ingredients together until all liquid is gone. I'm Kim. 2 tablespoons garlic, minced. This pair is a classic tandem... 3. Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Maple Syrup, Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts, Ground Beef Zucchini Casserole (Keto, Low Carb, GF), How to Pan Fry Chicken Tenders (No Breading), The Best Stuffed Peppers Without Rice (Low Carb! Potluck German Potato Salad This is a big hit at church potlucks. Perfect for a summer picnic. We’d love to know what side dishes for brats are your favorite, and did we miss any from the list?? A printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post. We are compensated for referring traffic. 1 pound fresh green cabbage shredded … coleslaw. If you’ve got time, though, making your own from scratch is the way to go. Here’s a handful of bratwurst sausage recipes on our site that are all highly rated and popular. 3. And these also make good sides to go with hot dogs or Polish sausage too. Since your grill is already on anyway, you might as well throw some veggies over the flames for a wonderful healthy side dish. Just braise red cabbage with red wine vinegar, apples, sugar, and cloves, and it’s done! When picking a vessel for your bratwurst, don’t settle for soft buns that get soggy in a matter of minutes. Brat is German for “finely mixed meats” and Wurst is the German word for sausage. This post may include affiliate links, including links to Amazon products. So what’s the difference between German and regular potato salad? Brats are a popular and beloved German sausage link stuffed with a mixture of pork, veal, and seasonings. Your email address will not be published. We LOVE featuring reader recipes! Search for brands like Plochman’s and Inglehoffer for the most authentic German experience. No need to Google it – it’s just German potato salad. 1 pound onions, large dice. Serving all of these together would NOT be common for a German bratwurst meal, but we were at a buffet in Hamburg that was mostly serving Americans. Plus, here’s a fun fact about the fermented cabbage dish: it contains the same type of good bacteria also present in yogurt. Last year I went on a Scandinavian trip with my mom and sister and as part of that, we also went to Hamburg, Germany. One of the most popular ways to cook brats is by grilling them, yet when you want to enjoy bratwurst year-round, other cooking methods might work better. Relax, it’s just potato pancakes. If you were visiting Germany, here’s a list of classic German bratwurst side dishes for dinner you’d be served: What sort of side dishes with brats you get served varies greatly based on the region of Germany you’re in. The bratwurst is a type of German sausage, so it only makes sense to pair it up with traditional German sides. Be sure to upload your recipe photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on Instagram at @wholelotta.yum! 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard. 1 / 70. Insanely Good Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any type of smoked German sausage goes well in this combination with vegetables and sauerkraut is really delicious and warming. Aside from how incredible it tastes, what we love most about this sausage is how insanely easy it is to cook. Leave the French’s in the fridge! Bratwurst sings when paired with spicy stone-ground mustard, and many purists consider it the only acceptable condiment for the meaty mouthful. You can make your own sauerkraut or buy a jar at the store. These slightly charred, smoky vegetables pair perfectly with bratwurst. All you really need are a few complementary sides to further enhance its savory flavors. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Ein prost! I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Potato salad is a natural, but you should try a German potato salad with a hot, sweet-sour dressing based on bacon fat. What to Serve with Bratwurst: 14 Savory Side Dishes 1. The sausages should be fully cooked and sliced before making this dish. Top Bratwursts or Kielbasa with Sauerkraut prepared as follows: Combine 1 quart Sauerkraut, 1 cup Brown Sugar, and 1 bottle of Dark Beer. Summer doesn’t get any better than this. corn on the cob ( instant pot corn) potato salad ( warm mustard potato salad) If it’s a recipe included on our site, a link is attached. Please, do not give it such a disservice. I'm Kim. Bratwurst and beer are such a classic pair, you really can’t have one without the other. Second, the dressing is made with vinegar and bacon grease, not mayonnaise. This means they’ll most likely have a familiar taste but will vary slightly by region. Beer, of course, goes without saying! Sauerkraut. Again, say what? What to Serve with Brats? This classic German side is not much different from a hash brown, so it’s sure to satisfy. It makes all the difference in the world. Plus, coleslaw is extremely easy to prepare. Wondering what to serve with brats? You can use kielbasa, knackwurst, or bratwurst in this hearty casserole recipe that's perfect for a cold winter night. ). These veggies, potatoes, salads and pastas make answering that question easier than ever. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/sausage-sauerkraut-side-dish cabbage ( instant pot cabbage with bacon) sauerkraut. So basic, am I right? The key to giving your sauerkraut more oomph, though, is grilling it for a few minutes until it caramelizes. There’s nothing quite like the sweet and juicy crunch you get when biting into a corncob. This zesty side balances out the rich and smoky flavors of the bratwurst. Here are 38 ideas for new ways to include this fabulous ferment in … But when you eat it with an equally succulent sausage, you’ve got yourself a perfect combination. Welcome to our online kitchen! Or just serve a good, crusty rye bread. Definitely at least once per week whether it’s brats, Polish sausage, chicken sausage, or Italian sausage. Classic staples you probably already have in your kitchen. 1 / 70. 4 Small New Potatoes. We’re not sure if there’s a more iconic side to bratwurst than sauerkraut. If you’re a bratwurst traditionalist, you won’t be able to eat your sausage without this fermented cabbage dish. Serving brats for dinner or grilling bratwurst is a hearty, flavorful type of sausage that can be served year-round. Homemade applesauce is very easy to prep and customize, and the end result is well worth it. Opt for hard rolls instead; their crisp bite goes really well with the snappy sausage. These veggies, potatoes, salads and pastas make answering that question easier than ever. 1 teaspoon caraway seeds. I mean, why wouldn’t you serve other types of sausage with brats?? Sauerkraut. If you enjoyed this post, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! One man says he comes only so he can eat … You can serve it with white or yellow onions, raw or sauteed. Plus, You don’t have to be an expert in German cooking to whip it up. * 3 Bratwurst. Potluck German Potato Salad This is a big hit at church potlucks.

Replace Rush Seat, Small Sofa Cheap, Street Photography History, Hydrogen Peroxide Common Name, Closet Storage Towers,