Muffins turned out just the way I expected/hoped, but I did zest 2 oranges to add. The adults and kids both love these muffins. I just love this combo!Your photos are terrific - it's a pleasure to visit your blog! Unfortunately, this recipe was a bit tricky and worked best with fresh for me. Amazing flavor, easy to make, love that they are whole wheat! If for some reason neither flax eggs nor real eggs will work–I made these with aquafaba (3 Tb to replace 1 egg) and they turned out well, but are a bit more dense than they are when made with eggs. I’m sorry this one didn’t turnout for you. Hi Sara! We start with nutrient-dense, unprocessed ingredients and seasonal whole foods to turn even the easiest weeknight meal into a form of creative, delicious expression. I used white whole wheat flour. It’s so great to have a recipe that both tastes great and isn’t full of refined sugar. Have you baked with either. Thanks for your recipes. These fluffy muffins are bursting with fresh cranberry and orange flavor, plus they’re whole grain and naturally sweetened! I zested it in to the bowl of ingredients, and I thought it looked to be 1 Tbsp. I only had all purpose flour, but it worked great. Let cool before frosting. That way, you get delicious little bits of cranberries in every bite. These muffins also make a great afternoon snack, especially when you need a little pick-me-up. Just made these as written and fantastic! These were super duper tart! Everyone in my house loved them! Success! I’m making my way through all of your muffin recipes and am going to try another one next weekend. Gorgeous muffins! so even with two cups, they weren’t that tart. This is a great recipe and easy to follow. Serve them for breakfast or brunch, or bring them to your holiday parties this year! These are delicious! When I served them, my co workers loved them!! Share on Facebook; Share by Email; Share on Pinterest; Share on Twitter ; These easy muffins go together in a flash. They had just the right level of sweetness and the flavors flavors were great. Problem: The extra moisture from the additional liquid sweetener made the muffins flatten out on the top. Great tasting recipe! The topping looks great and I love the orange cranberry combo. My dog, Cookie, catches the crumbs. Or at least, I haven’t seen that working well. In a large bowl, whisk together … Not so fast, Kate! Add to wet ingredients just until blended then fold in cranberries and orange zest. I'm probably making a big mess in my Kansas City kitchen right now. I used half AP and half whole wheat flour. Check the recipe notes for a buttermilk alternative (which can be made vegan). Recipe yields 12 muffins. AKA impatient. Hi Kate! You can keep those details to yourself, though—no one will guess that these muffins are healthier than most! Leftover eggs wen into your Banana Muffins and they were delicious too! 10 mins. Great idea to chop the cranberries a bit smaller. Instead of using orange zest I put 2 peeled baby oranges in the food processor with the cranberries so the muffins have bits of orange in them, too. :-). Whole Foods Recipe: Cranberry-Orange Muffins - Food Librarian Exceptionally good. I can’t wait to try these! Is there a reason you don’t want to use flax eggs? Prep. The muffins came out delicious! Delicious, with a great texture! I made these sooo long ago I don't remember if I had extra topping. Wonderfully moist, perfect texture and taste. Hi! If you ever need room temperature eggs fast, put them in a bowl with hot tap water. Do you have access to any non-dairy milk option? Happy New Year, Amanda! Thanks again❤. Cranberries are not in season. My friend’s 6-year-old daughter thought they were the cat’s pajamas, and if that’s not a ringing endorsement then I don’t know what is! Then reheat in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes to freshen up the muffins. yummy these look so great. Thanks for sharing, Meredith. Honey or maple syrup: Instead of sugar, these muffins are naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup! I love the orange cranberry combo! Great way to use leftover fresh relish. You never know what you'll find at the grocery store! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too. These were as good as your recipes usually are! Our recipes are for those looking to master the basics, the classics or the I’ve-never-cooked-this-before-but-really-want-to. These were excellent and will definitely make them again! The second batch came out great! So delicious! Follow my oat flour guide and that should help. As a recipe tinkerer myself, I appreciate the notes on recipe development! Not too cake like, not too dense. But I'm glad it all worked out! These copycat Panera Cranberry Orange Muffins are the best and can be made into mini or regular size as well. Great muffins! I followed the recipe exactly and am so dissapointed I wasted the ingredients. 20 mins. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC. i've been craving hot chocolate and haven't found a vegan replacement yet. I’m sorry you didn’t like this one! Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done. Here are more of my favorite naturally sweetened, whole-wheat muffin recipes! Please advice how to go about it. Svitlana Romanenko / Getty Images . Your comments make my day. Low FODMAP Cranberry Orange Muffins Tips. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. chocolate peppermint soymilk??!!?! In fact, if your flour smells rancid or your muffins taste bitter, your flour has gone bad. Can’t wait to make them again. Texture was good. I also used a mixture of freshly squeezed orange juice and unsweetened apple sauce instead of yoghurt. I can’t wait to try the other healthy muffin recipes. But, I do know some of my other muffin recipes have been made into a loaf without issue. Bake the muffins for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Perfection in every way! And, only 1/3 cup of maple syrup. I am really loving anything with fresh cranberries and adding in orange, fabulous! I enjoyed reading your development of the recipe and I will be trying more of your recipes. Hooray! I usually do this, bout was in a hurry. I just made a half batch using a mini muffin tin (makse about 20 minis) and they turned out perfect! Yum – best muffins ever! Not much of an orange flavour with what the recipe calls for, in my opinion anyway. Thanks again Kate! Thank you for your details. Let me know! Healthy and yummy muffins? Fortunately, I found a clue in America’s Test Kitchen’s cranberry muffin recipe. Preheat the oven to 375°F. I used 1/2 gluten-free flour and 1/2 almond flour to substitute and make these gluten free and you couldn’t tell at all. Incredibly fluffy and tasty!!! Solution: I went back to the original formula and added 1/4 cup more flour. When fully combined, the batter was thicker than I expected so I squeezed a quarter of the orange into the bowl, which totaled approximately a tbsp of juice.

Keyboard Keys Total, Tajassus In Islam, Solving Word Problems Worksheets, Nike Stüssy Water Shorts, Tote Bag Printing, How To Treat Leaf Scorch, Petroleum Engineering Requirements In South Africa,