Sign up to tell us what you like, and never miss a beat on finding the best places, The 11 Best Places for House Salad in French Quarter, New Orleans, The 11 Best Places for Croissants in French Quarter, New Orleans, The 11 Best Places for Pumpkin Seeds in New Orleans. Beth Ash:Most fabulous lamb and delightful wine list. Brian Bolier:Scallops and crab cakes off appetizer menu! You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. We hope that you will give us another chance to impress by visiting us again. REASONABLE PRICES in the quarter - no pretense@. Fine dining establishments around New Orleans are bringing back the three-martini lunch, offering 25-cent cocktails along with your midday meal. It sounds like a dream come true for people visiting Nola without a car. Restaurant News and Events! Up until January 21st, Antons in the West Village was offering an unbeatable deal, especially in NYC. This place is incredibly over priced. Due to an obscure NY State liquor law, of which we were completely unaware, and for which we received no warning or notice, we can no longer offer 25-cent martinis and Manhattans, Anderer wrote in the post. Accompany your lunch with 25-cent martinis! Ask Lawrencelolo about Antoine's Restaurant. I had the grilled Pompano, which was delicious. You have to decide which experience you want. Any thoughts on this one.? We strive to provide an upscale, fine dining experience with high quality cuisine. Amazing chefs like Paul Prudhomme, Emeril Legasse and Tory McPhail (current) have helmed this amazing kitchen. Love them <3, Nice place to meet for wine with friends. The service is excellent and the room was beautiful. Read more. The restaurant got off with a warning, according to the New York Post, as the SLA did not issue Antons an official violation. Overpriced, over-pretentious. also 25 cent martinis w large plates all week days. Commander's does a wonderful lunch and is well worth it (even without the $0.25 Noisy dining room, cheap atmosphere. Several tried fish dishes which had no 'specialness', and zero grace of presentation. Use to be a lemon drop. Gluten free options are extensive. Kyle Villyard:CRAB AND CORN BISQUE, LUMP CRABMEAT AND SHRIMP CAKES, WHOLE CRISPY FLOUNDER. Due to an obscure NY State liquor law, of which we were completely unaware, and for which we received no warning or notice, we can no longer offer 25 cent Martinis and Manhattans, shared the post. H Scher:Spring and Summer Lunch Special: three courses for $20.11. Top quality dining experience. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. WebMain menu. William Shufelt:Food & atmosphere are great. At. Guests were able to purchase $0.25 martinis and manhattans during lunch hours if they had also purchased food. We're staying at Harrah's and we'll only be in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Baked Alaska!! Preferred listings, or those with featured website buttons, indicate YP advertisers who directly provide information about their businesses to help consumers make more informed buying decisions. Nimesh Patel :The atmosphere is very cheerful with live music EVERYNIGHT. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Accompany your lunch with 25-cent martinis! This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Great bartenders. Start your power lunch with a powerful cocktail. Powered by Invision Community, Undecided, I never thought about it! The waiter explained everything on the menu and took his time with us. I'm no expert, but I thought this dessert was supposed to contain ice cream. Still, a great time and great food. We wanted to get appetizers and Michelle suggested we order a trio of oysters, Rockefeller, Bienville and Thermidor. 25c martinis. This restaurant has not aged well in my opinion. Sign up for special tips, offers, and info about all the latest happenings around NOLA with our monthly Insiders Guide, delivered right to your inbox. If you're looking for a new place to spend your afternoons or weekends,, The food,and service were excellent. Use to be a lemon drop. 1st time to New Orleans Best places to Eat/Drink on a Budget, Moxy New Orleans Downtown / French Quarter Area, InterContinental New Orleans, an IHG Hotel. Settle in, because Antoine's Restaurant has a story to tell, and it starts in the spring of 1840. Meringue. Antons short-lived 25-cent martini program came to an abrupt halt this weekend when chef Nick Anderer learned of a State Liquor Authority ban on offering drink Do not get the filet mignon with crab meat!!! We decided to do the suggested 10 Big Easy Libations tour found in the New Orleans Official Visitors Guide. The service was top notch. We strive to provide an upscale, fine dining experience with high quality cuisine. Laura Thomas:The Redfish with crawfish touffe is great. Order : Oysters Rockefeller (6 for $14.25 in restaurant; $13.75 at Hermes Bar), definitely accompanied by a proper Sazerac . Don't miss the lunch special with the 25 cent Martinis. (Yes, I have eaten in Ouagadougou. $0.22 martinis. It came in a large 'hunk' and we were told it had been flambeed in the kitchen! Lea Futuro October 13, 2013. I could've gone to ruby Tuesdays and gotten the same thing! I enjoy the lunch specials (and martinis) at Commanders and Antoines. Available during lunch, Tuesday through Friday, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Of the two, I prefer Commander's. What a treat, great price, service and beautiful local. WebAntoine's usually has just one choice for their 25 cent drink. By And from July 18 through the end of September, you can also enjoy a $35 dinner at Antoine's--choices include Shrimp Regua on a Fried Tomato, Delmonico Center-Cut Ribeye with mushroom bordelaise sauce, and Antoine's Old-Fashioned Chocolate Sundaeperfect for a hot summer night. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. The pork was thin and dry. I ordered the mango martini, which I didn't care for and , consequently, Craig, our waiter, and his assistant, brought me a regular gin martini and also a lemon one, which they recpmmended and I really liked. Charlotte Milazzo:The BEST martini in New Orleans. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Even Sizzler steaks taste like beef. From Business: Voted Best Sports Bar of the Berkshires ! I had the egg nog bread pudding for dessert. : 713 Saint Louis St (at Royal St), New Orleans, LA, 310 Chartres St (Bienville), New Orleans, LA, 214 Royal St (in Hotel Monteleone), New Orleans, LA, 801 Chartres St (St. Ann), New Orleans, LA, 720 Orleans Ave (Bourbon), New Orleans, LA, 312 Exchange Pl (corner of Bienville Street and Exchange Place), New Orleans, LA, 430 Dauphine St (btwn St. Louis and Conti), New Orleans, LA, 739 Conti St (at Bourbon St.), New Orleans, LA, 717 Orleans Ave (Bourbon St.), New Orleans, LA. . The 2-course special which offers soup or salad, can you order the turtle soup or must you go with the $39 three-course lunch to get that? This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Terrific lunch special with regular size $2 martinis. See below. Via CityEats.com Read more. He attended and graduated from medical school in 1997, having over 25 I asked this on another board and someone mentioned SoBou. This page has expired. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. 318 tips and reviews. Hotels, attractions, & Much Lisa Redding Saint:Get a pomegranate martini from Jenny! Never heard of it, but a quick review showed good feedback. I haven't gotten very far with my research but I did read that the martinis at SoBou were tiny compared to those at other locations. Another bargain is the 2:00-5:00 special at Domenica in The Roosevelt Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I did the three course special a few years ago. The choices are limited but always delicious. I had turtle soup, duck confit and bread pudding souf Waaaaayyyyyy over priced! YP advertisers receive higher placement in the default ordering of search results and may appear in sponsored listings on the top, side, or bottom of the search results page. During weekday lunch service, enjoy the choice of a Classic (Gin or Vodka), Cosmopolitan, Melon, or a Commander's Palace Martini for a sweet 25 cents with the purchase of an entre. It looks interesting from my first research. They are small and weak but very tasty. Remember the good ol days, when lunchtime meant a leisurely meal paired with rounds of martinis? Santiago B May 15, 2018. 19 enero, 2023 by . Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Billy Mitchell:Whatever you do, don't ask Terry about Decadence weekend! You might also be interested in the Grill Room at the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? WebView Anthony Martini results in Massachusetts (MA) including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. But you won't go wrong with either. I am, Wonton tacos are great. Ask Texastravelers94 about Antoine's Restaurant, Ask dlcSilverSpring_MD about Antoine's Restaurant. Food Network:The restaurants Mardi Gras Museum can be viewed during dining hours and is a treasure trove of Mardi Gras history. Thirty years ago, I had the meal of a lifetime here. Management at Antoine's Restaurant, Marketing at Antoine's Restaurant, responded to this review. And pls dont cancel your lunch reservationslaissez les bons temps rouler!. However, I don't want to be disappointed. I have been going here for 35 years when I visited New Orleans. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The "Cheers" of the Berkshires. Own or manage this property? Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features. They also feature the Commanders Palace 25 cent Martini specials for lunch (3 max) as well. Zoom in to see updated info. Restaurant was Very busy but did not interfere with quality of food or service. Connected to the intensely haunted beautiful Bourbon Orleans Hotel. And from July 18 through the end of September, you can also enjoy a $35 dinner at Antoine's --choices include Shrimp Regua on a Fried Tomato, Delmonico Center-Cut Ribeye with mushroom bordelaise sauce, and Antoine's Old-Fashioned Chocolate Sundaeperfect for a hot summer night. Yeah, we dont either, but fortunately, thats all starting to change. Leslie Martin April 10, 2016. Brunch is awesome! They have the best Brandi wings! Had to wait 20 minutes for someone to take our drink order and bring us silverware. Anthony Spizale:Come and get a 50 cent martini tommorow. And dining at Antoine's and Commander's Palaceare completely different experiences. The number 9 Big Easy Libation was at The Hermes Bar at Antoine's for a Cafe Brulot. The luncheon offers a choice of appetizer, entree and dessert . Leslie K.:French 75. Try Anaud's. Should I bring my kids/teenagers to New Orleans? 1. It's much less formal, but their lunch has been very tasty and good value the times I have gone. Sit at the rotating bar for the experience! And beautiful martinis selection. I paid $62 for this mediocre steak! The one online is a "sample" and I have never actually been to the restaurant when the menu online matched the one that was in the restaurant. SoBou is good too, but not in the same class. Fabulous owners. Report The house Martini at The Dorchesters new Vesper Bar is 25. Very good. Also, for lunch, do most of you order off the regular menu, , or do you take one of the specials? Worst service I have ever had by waiter--go elsewhere, plenty of unreal spots in NoLa. The noise level and decor were what you would expect, but at the end of the evening, it sounded like someone was moving furniture upstairs -- don't know who or what that was. Best. Andrea O'Dowd:Lunch time is perfect. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-96821719', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Windsor Court Hotel. I liked the tomato bacon preperation the best. There are way better places to eat in New Orleans! Classic and craft cocktails, great staff, fresh juices, smoke free and great atmosphere. You can't go by the menu on line for Commander's. It is good, but not over the top special. NewOrleansRestaurants.com | info@neworleansrestaurants.com. It was served, or rather plopped, on dishes with no grace.I give it one star only because of the historic setting.DO NOT SPEND ONE DIME HERE! Report inappropriate content The_Loup_Garou Phoenix, Arizona Level Contributor 87,101 posts 2,908 reviews 2,775 helpful votes 9. This was a great restaurant. I couldn't believe they had a $20.11 thre course menu. They were wonderful. R. If you're looking for the best New Orleans has to offer, this restaurant is FAR from it. It seemed too good to be trueand it turns out, it was. Management at Antoine's Restaurant, Marketing at Antoine's Restaurant, responded to this review. We serve a variety of fresh seafood and pasta dishes, This is where family and friends get together to have a good meal and a great time. Waiter snooty without much to be snooty about. Sarah Fazal:Dirty martini is fantastic. I asked this on another board and someone mentioned SoBou. Never heard of it, but a quick review showed good feedback. Any thoughts on this one.? W Much More! Wish us luck as we battle through a pending SLA case shared Antons. Map updates are paused. Gambit New Orleans:Gambit's Best of New Orleans Readers' Poll 2011 Winner: Best Place to Get a Martini Read more. And yes, the service is impeccable. Also, the gin martini is strong and worth more than your 25 cents. Sadly we'll take it off our list of 'must stops'. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Wow !! ), forgot or refused to provide clean silverware after a new course, and was condescending and argumentative throughout the meal.Three of us had filet steak which was dreadful, with no taste and had no relationship to high quality beef. Not to mention it took the waiter 45 minutes to bring the check after coffee. :This is a nice place to enjoy a drink and some quiet. LifeIcing.com Plays well with othersselectively! Soon, the Pension Alciatore was cooking not just for its boarders, but for New Orleans nobility, who came to Antoine's tiny restaurant in droves. John Graykoski:Owner tends bar. patrick van hoorebeek:http://www.winemag.com/Wine-Enthusiast-Magazine/September-2013/Top-Hotels-for-Wine-Lovers/. Patrick is a wine Rock Star! 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. By mandate of the SLA, beginning next week and throughout the remainder of the month, Antons will instead be offering $9 martinis and manhattans during lunchtime. more, Don't miss the lunch special with the 25 cent Martinis.. New Yorkers Can Now Enjoy Beer & Wine Inside Movie Theaters, Get Perks At 25 Participating Bookstores This Month At The Brooklyn Bookstore Crawl, Cardi B Will Headline Hot 97s Summer Jam As It Returns To New York In 2023, The Eighth Annual Queens Night Market Returns This April For A Sneak Preview. I would have liked the pudding lighter, it was rather compact but, the trout and the shrimp were excellent. I did the three course special a few years ago. My husband enjoyed his classic martinis, too. They are located on Chartres just off Bienville. -On TripExpert Read more. LifeIcing.com Plays well with othersselectively! Pompano en Papillote: A whimsical dish created to honor Brazilian aviation pioneer Alberto Santos-Dumont, this plate was a favorite for years before leaving the Antoine's menu. Above all, when you visit Antoine's, don't be afraid to ask for a tour. Find out more on their website or Instagram. - See 3,484 traveler reviews, 1,441 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. I was prepared for an expensive lunch at a famous New Orlean's restaurant. New Orleans has some of the finest cuisine and restaurants in the world. Kira With $0.25 daily featured martini, not a bad deal! Brennan's of Houston's 25 Cent Martini Lunch is the Best Kept Secret in Town! Many signature cocktails at The Savoys American Bar are closer to 30. Re: 25 cent martinis at Commander's Palace? Amanda Graves:Seafood Martini is one of my favorite dishes - I also always get the filet with crab cake & bread pudding for dessert :) One of my fav restaurants! I had the oyster first couse. Ever. Better crab cakes than anywhere in NE! Pigeonneaux Paradis: No longer on the menu, this specialty featured delicately roasted birds topped with a sauce of butter, Madeira, truffle, red currant jelly, lemon juice and wine. Yes, Commanders has 25 cent martinis at lunch. Look at the bottom of the lunch menu, under entrees in smaller print. I enjoy the lunch specials (a Up until January 21st, Antons in the West Village was offering an unbeatable deal, For $20.12, you can sample three courses, including dessert, with choices ranging from Antoine's mouthwatering Trout Amandine to the indulgent Pecan Bread Pudding. Celebrate Bayona's 22 years with a $22 Lunch Special that includes soup or bayona salad, entree, and ice cream or sorbet. more. Courtyard is beautiful. This post has been removed at the author's request. Do not get the filet mignon demi glaze with the lump crab meat topping in a white wine sauce! If you can remember a dish--Oysters Rockefeller--thirty years later as memorable, you have a sense of anticipation ordering it again. Own or manage this property? Jamie is a goddess! Courtney R.:Start with the sweet potato & foie gras beignetsthen the yellow tuna cones with avocado ice cream. )The waiter was grossly inattentive,curtly dismissed our request for a menu item (Chateaubriand! There's more than 170 years of history here, and Antoine's isn't going anywhere. The perfect blend of chewy alligator meat, spice & flavor. Great Martinis. Michelle: Jazz Brunch on Sundays usually includes This meal was a great value. Chef Juan Carlos creates multi choice2 course lunches that are priced from $12 to $20. and very successfully hid any traces of an oyster--all in a dreadful grey-ish topping--maybe I got one left over from the original batch of 1889 when this dish was said to have been created!We hoped to end on an upbeat note with Baked Alaska. Surely a renowned restaurant such as Antoines can do a proper presentation. Re: Antoines or Commanders Palace 7 years ago Save <