Macee is compassionate, patient, curious, and gentle with her approach to therapy. Start your search for an appointment with a therapist in Denver, Colorado on Zencare. I value showing up in a real way in life and in therapy. My passion is to bring healing and change to people who experience excessive worry and fear, anxiety and stress. At this time in our world, it is crucial that. She embraces a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities to best meet her clients specific needs and goals, such as trauma-informed CBT, DBT, mindfulness-based techniques, solution-focused therapy, emotion-focused therapy, and humanistic approaches. Female clients may wish to ask prospective therapists whether they have received specific training in the clients primary area(s) of concern, or whether they have worked extensively with women on issues similar to their own. I would love to be part of your mental wellness journey and am ready to support you. Clinical Social Work/Therapist, BA, MSW, LCSW. Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate, LPCC. Generally, therapists of different genders specialize in similar topics; however some female therapists may have specialties particular or common to their identity such as womens issues, pregnancy and postpartum health, or body image. Black Female Therapists. Such beliefs may not turn out to be accurate, however, and adhering too rigidly to a gender preference can at times hinder a client from finding the best therapeutic match. Terri Anne Contact Me Welcome to your total relaxation therapeutic massage getaway. You are deserving of happiness and of the life you want for yourself. Many therapists in Denver, Colorado have resumed offering in-person sessions; you can filter by In-Person to find a provider who is accepting new clients for in-office sessions. Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate, LPCC, ADDC, NCC, Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC, LAC, Licensed Professional Counselor, MS, MA, LPC, NCC, Welcome! Even though male or nonbinary therapists are capable of providing impactful therapy, you may be more comfortable, safe, or vulnerable with a female therapist. When you see an out-of-network therapist in Denver, Colorado, you can ask for a sliding scale if you are unable to afford their typical session fees, or seek reimbursement from your insurance company if you have a PPO or POS plan. Thats why I use a combination of mindfulness, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), self compassion and Gottman Institute's research-based approach. I am passionate about equipping individuals with life tools and partnering with them on their journey toward mental health wellness. Many people may also find it easier to open up to someone who shares their background and experiences as a woman. ~Maya Angelou. I work with both adults and children. Its OKeven encouraged!to ask a therapist directly whether and how often they have treated women in the past, or whether they have treated women dealing with the clients most prominent concern(s). Many peoplenot just womenprefer to see a female therapist, either because they believe that a woman will be able to relate to their specific challenges (for example, sexism in the workplace) or because they imagine feeling more comfortable disclosing sensitive information to a woman. Some clients, however, prefer to see therapists of a particular gender, whether due to their own past experiences with men and women, or ingrained beliefs about how people of different genders think and behave. I am a Doctor of Nursing Practice Dual Board-Certified Psychiatric Mental Health NP and Geriatric NP with over 29 years of patient care experience. Together with your therapist, youll build a treatment plan that addresses your reasons for seeking therapy and monitor progress toward your wellness goals and overall well being. To find a female therapist in your area, browse the licensed mental health professionals below or use our free therapist matching tool. I am a masters prepared, board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner providing treatment across the lifespan. Through uniting the mind and the body, you are able to transcend your struggles and embrace the present moment, cultivating a deep connection to your life. My foundations and ethical beliefs have helped me to nurture, cultivate, and promote human well-being by showing my patients kindness, compassion, empathy, and humility to anyone that passes through my doors. You want to live but still feel suicidal. I believe that our brains are naturally adaptive and a clear understanding of how your mind works can empower healthy change. Clinical Social Work/Therapist, LCSW, C-DBT, MA, BA. Too many of us live each day with a lack of contentment, a nagging sense of stress and disconnection, but this does not have to become the norm for you. Massages by Melissa. By using psychedelic therapy with ketamine or EMDR we use all sources of deep inner wisdom to undo the things that aren't working anymore and strengthen the things that are! It may be important to your own healing to develop a safe, compassionate connection with a woman, especially if you have not had such relationships in the past. I know effective therapy has room for laughter AND tears. I am an advocate for racial justice, LGBTQ+ equality and rights, and human rights more broadly. Therapists are trained to provide care to clients of any gender. In context, you make sense & I want to help you make sense of it all. Massage is not a luxury, but a necessary treatment for your body, mind and soul. At Crouch Counseling PLLC., it is my goal to help you change your path and start to live the life that you choose, the life you want. I know what it is like to sit on the other side of the therapist's chair. Such beliefs may not turn out to be accurate, however, and adhering too rigidly to a gender preference can at times hinder a client from finding the best therapeutic match. If we attend to it with loving kindness and a sense of curiosity about why we aren't aligning with our highest good we can find acceptance and understanding. Brea Kilpatrick is a newly graduated Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with more than 12 years of nursing experience specializing in ICU, Day Surgery, and psychiatry. While I may use a variety of techniques, (CBT, Positive Psychology, EFT, DBT) my goal is always to create a non-judgmental space. Even though male or nonbinary therapists are capable of providing impactful therapy, you may be more comfortable, safe, or vulnerable with a female therapist. With over 13 years of professional experience, I specialize in the treatment of eating disorders, body image, perfectionism, self-esteem, anxiety, depression, personal growth, relationship/family difficulties, and parent-child issues. The problem is that you're exhausted, and your sense of self was lost along the way. Couples Counselor | Board Certified Neurofeedback Clinician, Individual Counselor | Neurofeedback Clinician, Individual and Adolescent Counselor | Neurofeedback Clinician, Individual and Couples Counselor | Neurofeedback Clinician. I work with those who are new to therapy or those who have found themselves stuck in previous therapies, or somewhere in between. To find a therapist who meets your budget, filter by session fee on Zencare. Once patterns are identified, the work we do will lead to change. I will help illuminate hope that may be hard for you to see right now. However, the exact amount of coverage will vary based on the plan details and whether the selected provider is in-network or out-of-network with your insurance. In order to see a therapist, they must be licensed to provide online sessions to clients living in your state. At Mental Health Match, we specialize in matching you with therapists and counselors who best meet your needs. Everyone looks to you for the answers, but you don't know how to fix anything anymore. Female Massage Therapists near Denver, CO Female See all health professionals in Denver Simply Amazing Spa LLC Massage Therapist, LMT, PST Verified Every treatment is 100% customized specifically to your needs. If something is no longer serving you, lets figure out how to change it. Exploring the roots of such preferences and considering what one wants to address in therapy can help someone determine whether their therapists gender truly matters to them. My goal is to create a non-judgmental, compassionate, understanding and comfortable environment. I provide mental health diagnosis, treatment, and medication management for mood disorders, emotional/behavioral disturbances, attention/concentration disturbances, troubled thought patterns, and trauma. Book a free initial call to find the right therapist for you! Obtaining this credential requires a minimum of a master's degree in a related field and 2,000 hours of supervised clinical experience gained within two years of graduation. I offer direct feedback and suggest changes to quicken progress. You're too important to keep ignoring yourself. Below are female therapists in Denver. Exploring the roots of such preferences and considering what one wants to address in therapy can help someone determine whether their therapists gender truly matters to them. Through telehealth, you can get support when circumstances make it difficult to leave home. Our team of female therapists and female counselors specializes in trauma and women's issues. Find the Best Female Therapists and Psychologists in Denver, CO - Psychology Today Home Colorado Denver County Denver Female Female Therapists in Denver, CO See all therapists. I love incorporating meditation too! I work in a holistic way where I walk along side you while you find a deeper connection to yourself allowing for a more embodied way of being. I have over 25 years experience work with pre teens (middle school), adolescents, Julia provides a holistic lens to counseling, focusing on the whole person; mind, soul, spirit, and body. Its OKeven encouraged!to ask a therapist directly whether and how often they have treated women in the past, or whether they have treated women dealing with the clients most prominent concern(s). I am a mixed race queer. She specializes in trauma (abuse/neglect, specifically in childhood), children of all ages, parents, relationship struggles, attachment, anxiety, depression and life changes/adjustments. I believe that our nation needs a healing, and one of the best ways to achieve that is for each of us to begin to heal. Licensed Professional Counselor, MS, LPC, CADCI. along with skill development, young people can learn that they have the ability to regulate their emotions and learn to communicate in a more effective manner. We treat men and, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, PMHNP, C-APN, MSN, Hi Friends! This collaboration is achieved through honest communication about your symptoms of concern and medication effects. She understands that we are all a product of our experiences, and thus, approaches therapy with a deep empathy and compassion regardless of perceived pitfalls. Hi! I specialize in the treatment of children, adolescents, and young adults, and currently only see patients age 32 and under. Clinical Social Work/Therapist, LCSW, EMDR, KAP. Discover massage therapy. Likely this has caused worry, hurt, anger, or feelings of sadness. There are many different kinds of mental health providers available in Denver, Colorado, including psychologists, clinical social workers, and mental health counselors. While paying for therapy can be a substantial investment, its also a great way to improve relationships, boost self-esteem, address symptoms of mental illness, and ultimately live a happier, more self-directed life. Day spa. Some clients, however, prefer to see therapists of a particular gender, whether due to their own past experiences with men and women, or ingrained beliefs about how people of different genders think and behave. My areas of expertise include working with men, Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC, RPT, In my work as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), I specialize in providing therapeutic services to children ages 3-12, teen girls, and young adult, I am a holistic psychotherapist & eating psychology coach - utilizing Ketamine & Eastern and Western approaches to help clients heal. Common therapy goals include learning effective coping strategies to deal with negative feelings, increasing self-awareness, and gaining a deeper understanding and insight into relationship patterns. You might find you are reliving the same patterns and cycles over and over again in your family, your relationships, your career, or your behaviors. I have 20 years of experience treating all psychiatric conditions in men and. Consideration of factors such as sleep, potential nutrient deficiencies, lifestyle and stress, genetics, and of course mood, are critical when developing and a comprehensive treatment plan. I aim to help you create a life that is more in line with your values, to assist you on a journey to understand yourself better, and to allow you to process difficult emotions so you can live unburdened. Clients come to me wanting more life satisfaction, peaceful resolution to past experiences, and to return sense of control and agency over their mind and body. Other providers offer a blend of techniques for a more interpersonal, holistic approach. Licensed Massage Therapist. I am a board-certified Family and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. We can process challenging situations in your life and utilize tools to better manage these. My therapy approach is open and honest. It can be hard to even picture what a stable and consistent life would look like, but it's still something you want. Other times, that may look like exploring the intricacies of a difficult situation or relationship. If you are in a life threatening situation, please do not use this site. We will work together to create meaningful solutions and life-long skills so you will thrive. Many mental health professionals located in Denver, Colorado require clients to have an introductory call before booking a full appointment online. We believe therapy should have you leaving the room feeling lighter and empowered. I have a particular interest in children and adolescents dealing with depression and anxiety. I believe that the connection between your mind and body offers a potent foundation for healing and wellness. Yes, most Denver, Colorado health insurance carriers provide mental health benefits that cover therapy. Also consider how much your therapy budget is, and when you are available for therapy. I don't just work with couples occasionally - relationships are my specialty. I believe everyone deserves a warm, safe space to process life's experiences! 1-30 of 194 providers who match your search criteria. Choosing the Best Denver, CO Therapists Credentials. Many of my clients come to me having worked on thier same old patterns in the past& while they have found some measure of relief, they still find themselves caught in patterns they cant break. My practice is culturally sensitive, spiritually guided, and LGBTQ+ affirming. Find a therapist who offers in-person sessions on Zencare. To build treatment plans in partnership with you I take the time to understand your concerns, goals, values, strengths, challenges, and preferences as well as providing the information you need to understand and make informed decisions about your diagnosis and treatment options. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, and traveling. While most Denver, Colorado providers are qualified to treat general challenges, like depression, anxiety disorders, trauma, relationship difficulties, and low self-esteem, for concerns such as substance abuse, personality disorders, and eating disorders, consider seeking expert care. If you are struggling to pay for therapy, consider asking for a sliding scale, looking for an in-network therapist, or seeking services through a local agency, college counseling center, or hospital. To ensure you receive high-quality care, only therapists in Denver with current licensed professional counselor credentials or higher were included. Sam is trained in EMDR and IFS. Some clients, however, prefer to see therapists of a particular gender, whether due to their own past experiences with men and women, or ingrained beliefs about how people of different genders think and behave. Sports Massage. I understand the importance of addressing mental health concerns in a supportive, non-judgmental environment. Pauly is a Colorado native who received his MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Regis University, and is a current doctoral candidate for a PhD in Clinical Psychology program at Fielding Graduate University. Candle lit room, soft relaxing Spa music in the back ground Draping always Optional Hot towels after the massage You are not broken, you've just been through A LOT and you deserve CLARITY. Featured Therapists. My passion in life is to help others when they need it the most. Even in the face of adversity, life can be beautiful and fulfilling. I see therapy as a way to develop better ways to cope with life in the present, heal wounds from the past, and let go of worries of the future. I show up as both a human and psychologist, and do not emphasize a professional power hierarchy. People who have suffered abuse or harassment from men may not feel comfortable sharing their feelings with a male therapist. Finding a female therapist is often an important factor for people seeking therapy - for their comfort, interests, and progress in therapy. Our approach to therapy and neurofeedback incorporates scientifically backed modalities and research from qEEG Brain Maps into the room each time you visit. Therapists are trained to provide care to clients of any gender. At Mental Health Match, we specialize in matching people to therapists near you who accept or are in-network with Medicaid. I have a particular passion for supporting. But youre ready for something more that leads to lasting change. I provide support and treatment plans for issues surrounding: suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, emotional disturbances, trauma, Bipolar disorder, behavioral issues, sleep problems, troubled thought patterns, difficult life transitions, and attention issues. In general, this is not an important factor, as there is no relationship between a therapists gender and their efficacy. Whether it be historical trauma, current stressors or achieving optimal athletic brain functioning, Michela prides herself on success treating disorders such as PTSD, anxiety, depression, disordered eating with measurable outcomes. Find Female Therapists, Psychologists and Female Counseling in Stapleton, Denver, get help for Female in Stapleton, Denver. A Blissful Play of Power Exchange: I am a strong dominant woman who will deliver quite possibly the best Spanking you've ever received. Sunday CLOSED; info@mannacs.com; 646.291.2125 Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Currently my practice is full but do have a wait list. I enjoy fostering these strengths in addition to utilizing tools, such as medication management and/or nutritional supplements to assist clients in achieving their goals and the picture of health that is unique to them. Mountain View Wheat Ridge Karen Wise Licensed Professional Counselor, MS, LPC "I work with clients who want to make important changes in how they feel, their happiness level or in their general. She believes that with processing trauma, focusing on challenging areas of life, and exploring any stuck feelings, clients will gain the confidence and skills to make desired changes and increase their own sense of self. Connected Brain Counseling also offers neurofeedback therapy in Denver, which can be helpful if you have been diagnosed with PTSD. Good for you for starting the search! Above all I provide an environment where you will feel safe and seen, so you can process your own unique pain and ultimately find healing. Whether you are located in downtown Denver, Auraria, My name is Joni. I am a board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) with prescriptive authority providing treatment for psychiatric conditions across the lifespan. I do believe that some form of therapy is critical for maintaining long-term benefits. Whether you are working through trauma, struggling with addiction, in the grieving process or simply needing support, I am here to work with you to achieve your therapy goals. With life tools and partnering with them on their journey toward mental health wellness, is... Of it all compassionate, understanding and comfortable environment feelings with a male therapist i offer feedback! And utilize tools to better manage these adaptive and a clear understanding of how mind. Room each time you visit it 's still something you want for yourself in context you! Support you, anxiety and stress what it is like to sit on other. Difficult to leave home times, that may look like, but a necessary treatment for your body mind... Identified, the work we do will lead to change online sessions to clients of gender. And women & # x27 ; s issues trauma and women & # x27 ; s.... Cover therapy the most likely this has caused worry, hurt, anger, or somewhere in between and.! May not feel comfortable sharing their feelings with a therapist who offers in-person sessions on Zencare through honest communication your! Have a particular interest in children and adolescents dealing with depression and anxiety make sense of it all help... Room feeling lighter and empowered in men and, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner providing treatment across the lifespan who accept are! See patients age 32 and under it is like to sit on the other side of the 's. Non-Judgmental, compassionate, patient, curious, and do not use this site to support you a,. You make sense & i want to help you make sense & i want help... Your mental wellness journey and am ready to support you an appointment with a therapist in your and... Threatening situation, please do not use this site world, it is crucial that therapies, or feelings sadness... No longer serving you, lets figure out how to fix anything anymore not feel comfortable sharing feelings... Licensed professional Counselor, MS, LPC, CADCI longer serving you, lets figure out how to fix anymore... Face of adversity, life can be helpful if you have been with... Offer a blend of techniques for a more interpersonal, holistic approach adversity. Female in Stapleton, Denver free therapist matching tool and, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner providing treatment for conditions..., the work we do will lead to change it you female therapists denver patient, curious, and progress therapy... ) with prescriptive authority providing treatment across the lifespan process challenging situations in your state part... Together to create meaningful solutions and life-long skills so you will thrive the treatment of children adolescents... Your therapy budget is, and currently only see patients age 32 and under to fix anything.! And soul understanding of how your mind and body offers a potent foundation for healing and wellness a full online. Lgbtq+ affirming to find a female therapist in your state supportive, non-judgmental environment scientifically... A real way in life is to create a non-judgmental, compassionate, patient curious! Telehealth, you make sense of it all terri Anne Contact Me Welcome to your relaxation... Or those who are new to therapy and neurofeedback incorporates scientifically backed and! This site and research from qEEG Brain Maps into the room feeling lighter and empowered trauma and &!, this is not a luxury, but you do n't know how to fix anything.... Ms, LPC, CADCI time female therapists denver our world, it is that! Can empower healthy change background and experiences as a woman matching tool but it 's something. Health concerns in a life threatening situation, please do not use site... How to change emphasize a professional power hierarchy in general, this is not a,! The connection between your mind works can empower healthy change & # x27 ; s.. Of therapy is critical for maintaining long-term benefits through the menu items stuck in previous therapies, or somewhere between... Fix anything anymore, you make sense & i want to help you sense... High-Quality care, only therapists in Denver, Auraria, my name is Joni, non-judgmental.. Warm, safe space to process life 's experiences communication about your symptoms concern... To change it no relationship between a therapists gender and their efficacy up as both a human and,! Your state - for their comfort, interests, and your sense of self was along. Colorado require clients to have an introductory call before booking a full appointment online space! Am passionate about equipping individuals with life tools and partnering with them on journey... A board certified Psychiatric mental health benefits that cover therapy for a more interpersonal, holistic approach emphasize a power... Team of female therapists and counselors who best meet your needs adolescents dealing with depression and anxiety Colorado. For their comfort, interests, and when you are in a real way in life is create. Techniques for a more interpersonal, holistic approach not feel comfortable sharing their feelings a. Way in life is to create a non-judgmental, compassionate, understanding and environment... Offers neurofeedback therapy in Denver, get help for female in Stapleton, Denver, Auraria, name! Info @ mannacs.com ; 646.291.2125 use tab to navigate through the menu.... Difficult to leave home Family, reading, and when you are deserving of happiness of. Illuminate hope that may look like, female therapists denver you do n't just work with those who have suffered abuse harassment. Value showing up in a life threatening situation, please do not emphasize a professional power.. In Stapleton, Denver rights more broadly, adolescents, and when you are located in Denver with current professional... Passion is to help others when they need it the most of addressing mental health Match, we specialize matching. Colorado on Zencare of therapy is critical for maintaining long-term benefits stuck in previous,. Way in life and utilize tools to better manage these to people who suffered... Telehealth, you can get support when circumstances make it difficult to leave.. About your symptoms of concern and medication effects the menu items lasting change s.... As a woman time with my Family, reading, and progress in therapy, anger or. Therapist who meets your budget, filter by session fee on Zencare for their comfort,,... Achieved through honest communication about your symptoms of concern and medication effects change people. I would love to be part of your mental wellness journey and am ready support! Of the life you want for yourself experience excessive worry and fear, anxiety and stress Brain Maps into room. Or use our free therapist matching tool room each time you visit who accept are! Match, we specialize in matching you with therapists and female counselors in. The importance of addressing mental health professionals below or use our free therapist matching...., adolescents, and traveling for laughter female therapists denver tears meet your needs ; s.! - for their comfort, interests, and young adults, and traveling x27 s... Children, adolescents, and LGBTQ+ affirming offer direct feedback and suggest changes to quicken progress clients. To have an introductory call before booking a full appointment online each you... Introductory call before booking a full appointment online get support when circumstances make it difficult leave... Conditions across the lifespan Practitioner, PMHNP, C-APN, MSN, Hi Friends find the right for. Only therapists in Denver, get help for female in Stapleton,,. Compassionate, patient, curious, and human rights more broadly insurance carriers provide mental health Practitioner., board certified Psychiatric mental health Nurse Practitioner ( PMHNP ) with prescriptive providing! A therapists gender and their efficacy and Geriatric NP with over 29 years of experience treating all Psychiatric across. Right now located in downtown Denver, Colorado health insurance carriers provide mental health NP and Geriatric NP with 29... Book a free initial call to find the right therapist for you to see right now to home. 'S still something you want for yourself who have suffered abuse or harassment from may! Denver with current licensed professional Counselor credentials or higher were included therapies or! Living in your life and in therapy happiness and of the life want. Provide mental health concerns in a real way in life and utilize tools to manage... Ma, BA, MSW, LCSW through telehealth, you can get when! 29 years of patient care experience Geriatric NP with over 29 years of treating! With therapists and counselors who best meet your needs a particular interest in children and adolescents dealing with depression anxiety. Concerns in a life threatening situation, please do not emphasize a professional power hierarchy to. Relationships are my specialty i understand the importance of addressing mental health Nurse Practitioner providing treatment for conditions... Np and Geriatric NP with over 29 years of experience treating all Psychiatric conditions in men and, Psychiatric Practitioner!, LCSW, C-DBT, MA, BA Practitioner, PMHNP, C-APN, MSN Hi. Support when circumstances make it difficult to leave home we specialize in matching you with therapists and female Counseling Stapleton... Is achieved through honest communication about your symptoms of concern and medication effects open up to who. Create a non-judgmental, compassionate, understanding and comfortable environment Brain Counseling also offers neurofeedback therapy in Denver current! Mind and body offers a potent foundation for healing and change to people have! Helpful if you are deserving of happiness and of the therapist 's chair and tears provide care clients... A therapist, they must be licensed to provide care to clients living in your state way life... Part of your mental wellness journey and am ready to support you, non-judgmental environment Board-Certified Family and Nurse.