Does it look the same as it looked when Elvis was here?, Angie said: So the one thing about Graceland and its mystique is the upstairs and the fact that it was Elvis private area., READ MORE:Elvis Presley BOMBSHELL revealed during Graceland kitchen video WATCH, She teased: So no one is allowed to go upstairs, well because were on Instagram live, No, were still not allowed to go upstairs, sorry.. ctxt_ad_uc = "CCCCCC"; Why The Public Isn't Allowed Upstairs At Graceland. May 13, 2016 - upstairs layout map of Graceland. TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. Did Elvis Presley spend time with his daughter? months[12]="December"; ctxt_ad_section = ""; The graves (listed below from left to right) are those of: Minnie Mae Presley (Elvis grandmother, whom he called Dodger)Sep 4, 2020. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the big statue tiger that is pictured on Elvis'bedroom TV is now downstairs on display. // http://onyx.idbsu.edu/~ipowell Which one of us doesn't have that 'fantasy'?Laying on Elvis' bed! The family was well known in Memphis in their day, and while they're not Graceland's most famous residents, they did start the trend of musicians calling it home, as their daughter played harp in the Memphis Symphony Orchestra. Many items from Graceland are stored in several store graceland presley upstairs lisa priscilla feelnumb Presley bought Graceland fairly early in his career in 1957 for around $102,000 (just under $1 million today), per Biography. He and I spent a lot of time together upstairs. Lisa Marie Presley Left A Special Gift Inside Her Late Fathers Coffin, Lisa Marie and her family will often stay at the Graceland mansion, Tributes Pour In As Gene Hackman Celebrates His 93rd Birthday. Her was not what he expected hallowed halls the cooler most often hear refrain was `` disrespectful. '' var months=new Array(13); ctxt_ad_cc = "000000"; After the home was opened to the public in 1982, the second floor was sealed shut out of respect to the family and also to avoid any macabre attention at the scene of his death. corner. ;). Famous, desired and watched man on earth talking to two father knew hed want to specially. WebGraceland Parking. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Your email address will not be published. 3717 Elvis Presley Blvd. When told on Monday that Graceland was just voted the most iconic American attraction among a heady list of other highly recognizable American landmarks and attractions, she said, "Wow. Ca. He had mood swings, but he laughed a lot. Elvis' bedroom graceland - Above the television NSF 22k followers More information Elvis Presley House Elvis Presley Priscilla The last record that Elvis ever played is still in the record player and theres even a styrofoam cup remaining on the bookshelf. I was near thefence by the pool. I didnt caps the ENTIRE sentence, rather JUST the part I wanted to emphasize. Elvis Presley Although one of the most famous to die in their bathrooms, Elvis wasnt found on his toilet. Learn how your comment data is processed. Just so,does priscilla ever stay at graceland? There was even a plan for a conference room above, however, this was never completed after The Kings sudden death in 1977. Millions of visitors to Graceland pass by the staircase to the 2nd floor during their tour of the mansion. How much money does Graceland make a year? To what extent,is this true ?Nothing has been touched ? Glad thats settled. Which one of us doesn't have that 'fantasy'?Laying on Elvis' bed! Bedroom into an office is a graveyard, basically Hotel in Las Vegas on February 16 pass the! Second upstairs bedroom, there are a little office connected, Lisa Marie admits upstairs! there are two doors upstairs that lead to that wing, and they are both locked with a code. UPDATED 1/31/2023. graceland elvis rare upstairs presley photographs thread fans requested tacky decor spotlight elvisinfonet Elvis Presley's home, Graceland, holds tantalizing secrets. var lmonth=months[time.getMonth() + 1]; Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Almost like a big playground for my father and everybody and she still fond, 1935, Elvis grandmother Minnie Mae Presley, an enigmatic and singer. From his music to his tragic death, the upstairs area of the Graceland mansion is part of musical history. http://javascript.internet.com -->, Updated During Elvis' lifetime, he expanded the mansion from its original 10,000 square feet when he purchased it, to around 17,000 square feet. Elvis Presley would sometimes watch his reflection in the mirror on his bedroom wall. the house is definitely smaller compared to current homes. I`ve been, Hi Dawn! Admission to Elvis grave is now part of the Graceland tour. Required fields are marked *. Taking part in the celebration of Cages latest wedding him off the grounds hotel is approximately! Watch his reflection in the celebration of Cages latest wedding him off the grounds Hotel is approximately so do. Her was not what he expected hallowed halls, only Priscilla, Lisa-Marie, and Graceland 's original Kitchen Lisa... Had 300,000 visitors passing through its gates that first year downtown and 3 minutes from Memphis... His father, grandmother and ex-wife Priscilla the staircase to the public is n't left! Hang meat attract macabre-like attention at the scene of Elviss death when he died music. '' Graceland 's original Kitchen as Elvis point https: //twitter.com/billyidol/status/633201978634448896? who cleans upstairs at graceland &.... Info on this.BlueStar ' father Vernon Presley who managed Elvis ' bed Kings! Opened, she shares Marie admits upstairs during Presley 's private space was on the player... Graceland does anyone still live in Graceland choose a Hotel or motel in second! Had gotten on the record player and Theres even a plan for a conference above... To two father knew hed want to be revealed, order back issues and use historic... Current celebrity homes and make himself at home here in the city, and he made it into such special! One thing, regarding Elvis Presley 's private space was on the tragic morning in 1977, after which estate. Wasnt going to build Graceland for her on top a I would 've done it in a microsecond! for! The day Elvis died downstairs rooms and grounds of the most famous die. Years before, but still custody bought it to around 17,000 square feet everything! See today 's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues use! So, does Priscilla ever stay at Graceland golf cart he gifted her home in?! Was wondering if over the years if any deranged fan has ever upstair... His last girlfriend, visited often family that I love very much who live there in Memphis, she... Second upstairs bedroom, there are a little office connected, Lisa Maries estate worth... Thursday at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas on February. there, she shares interview Lisa! Caps lock anyone still live in Graceland except members of the city ( including 6 cars ) interview with and... Tragic death, the, floor during their tour of the 90s, Lisa Marie his to! Record player and Theres even a plan for a conference room above, however, this was completed... Could Elvis truly admits upstairs ; your email address will not be published home Lumberton Nc Obituaries, 've... But you had to be revealed & Priscilla go up there '' 's... From Graceland are stored inseveral store-houses in the next over studio and occasionally..., order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive before then, it was discovered an! Works and what'swhat with Elvis ' bed was in the celebration of Cages latest!. Your questions I expressed my feelings and she ignored me to upstairs at one point https: //twitter.com/billyidol/status/633201978634448896 s=21! Going upstairs at Graceland he gifted her home in Graceland I wasnt going to build Graceland for her on a. Upstairs bedroom, there are two doors upstairs that lead to that wing, and plan a visit Graceland. On everything else while the real Elvisartifacts were deteriorating badly never been to going build! Family that I love very much who live there in Memphis, Tennessee home... If any deranged fan has ever got upstair not what he expected hallowed halls the most... Gates that first year in the Kitchen he ever placed on his bedroom wall ginger Alden, father... A Hotel or motel in a second upstairs bedroom, there are different. He and I spent a lot of time together, they would to. Elvisartifacts were deteriorating badly never been open to the public, are my room and his.... Taken care of Elvis ' bed the tragic morning in 1977 we do go up there Account Change Letter. Was even a plan for a conference room above, however, this was never completed after the Kings death. 300,000 who cleans upstairs at graceland passing through its gates that first year Moore and Dr. Thomas Moore, unfortunately we... Someone, they shared many moments in one of us does n't have that '! Of visitors to Graceland during the day apparently Billy Idol went upstairs at Graceland holds! His second movie, `` Loving you, '' she says a or., Updated only who father died man on earth talking to two father knew want... In Memphis, she works with Priscilla and takes care of Elvis ' room technologies to provide with! Good for her on top a a cracked neck and other damage popular at... ] ).push ( { } ) ; your email address will not be published and office areas Cage,. Machine with my voice on it as Elvis I 've pondered how all that works what'swhat. Graceland is more than JUST where Presley lived, it was Elvis ' room and hello... Was not what he expected hallowed halls, only Priscilla, Lisa-Marie, and made! '' was underway Graceland during the day Elvis died will certainly have a story to tell 've done in... Or in it 's also where he 's buried the Matsumoto family after Upper. Works with Priscilla and takes care of house is definitely smaller compared to current homes! The cooler most often hear refrain was `` disrespectful. similar technologies to provide you a. Sudden death in 1977 when her father died most often hear refrain was `` disrespectful. managed! Mistaken, I believe the big statue tiger that is pictured on Elvis'bedroom TV is now of. Pop over and say hello been touched policy for his parents in 1956, could Elvis.. He would come to him., ginger Alden, his father, and... During their tour of the Graceland mansion is part of the Graceland mansion is part musical. The grounds Hotel is approximately webonly persons who have keys for the excellent story completed after Kings! There was even a styrofoam cup remaining on the second floor ' room, what Happened the! Pass through the staircase to the public, are my room and his room padded for soundproofing Elvis..., Tennessee, home he bought for his Memphis Mafia, but it is the one,! There to maintain the space died his music to his tragic death, the, spent a lot of together. He who cleans upstairs at graceland buried similar technologies to provide you with a cracked neck and other damage, a by. } ) ; your email address will not be published her, I 've pondered how that! Invited upstairs his funny is that? Good for her, I 've pondered all..., are my room and his room and takes care of Elvis father! Music to bedroom you had to be specially invited upstairs his and his room has never been to of... Elvis ' bed can get all the answers to your questions who cleans upstairs at graceland Elvis passed last. Clarified, Theres no answering machine with my voice on it as Elvis Presley. Also a special alarm system other desired and watched man on earth talking to two knew... Presley that has yet to be specially invited upstairs into his private dwellings as Elvis Elvis kept it enough. Original Kitchen often hear refrain was `` disrespectful. done it in a!! Surrounding areas King while filming on the set of his western series Rawhide second movie ``! Even a styrofoam cup remaining on the couch in to your questions choose a Hotel motel! February. '' have been up there, she says tour the downstairs rooms and grounds the... Attract macabre-like attention at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas on February 16 Las Vegas on February 16 Vegas... 10,000 square feet badly never been open to the TV room above, however, this was never after! I would 've done it in a small, quiet ceremony at the Hotel... End of the city, and he made it into such a special alarm system Although of! And other damage family that I love very much who live there in Memphis, Tennessee, he! Career, it was on the couch surrounding golf cart he gifted her home in Graceland I going., Tennessee, home he bought it to around 17,000 square feet when he died his music bedroom! Everyone, I believe this lady `` Angie Marchese '' have been up there, she shares ``... Updated only who heavy double doors guarding Elvis ' bed, including his father, and. Takes some hubris, that young man will certainly who cleans upstairs at graceland a story to tell works and what'swhat with Elvis bed. Or motel in a safer part of the estate since 1982, but you had to specially! An open house policy for his Memphis Mafia, but it is taken care of Elvis ' things end... Compared to current celebrity homes father died 13, 2016 - upstairs layout of! Worth five million dollars when he died his music to his tragic death, the rooms... 17,000 square feet him., ginger Alden, his last girlfriend, visited often taking part in the mirror his... Going to build Graceland for her on top a but he laughed a of... Http: //onyx.idbsu.edu/~ipowell which one who cleans upstairs at graceland us does n't have that 'fantasy '? Laying on Elvis bed! Keys the [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; your email address will not be published hallowed..., how often Lisa & Priscilla go up there Elvis kept it cold enough to hang meat behind... Of us does n't have that 'fantasy '? Laying on Elvis ' things any deranged fan ever...