This is Eyes Closed Cooking after all and you all know I like to keep things simple. Sorry, comments are currently closed. It should have a thick cookie-batter consistency, Pour the batter over the top of the apple pie filling, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Get ’Em Here! You are posting comments too quickly. conditions of our. Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Gently toss to coat all the apples. I literally used ALMOST the exact same ingredients I use when making chocolate chip cookies (sans chocolate chips of course). There was an error in your submission. Easy recipes that yield delicious results! Copyright law, as well as other applicable federal and state laws, the content on this website may not be reproduced, distributed, displayed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, without the prior, express, and written permission of Athlon Media Group. Thinner slices are preferable because they soften a lot quicker while baking. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/apple-pie-graham-cracker-crust Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the apple mixture is bubbly and the crumb and crust is golden. It was a special time, and I loved every minute baking away. Tips. You want it nice and crumbly. Keyingredient Menu Enter a recipe name, ingredient, keyword... Over 20,000 delicious recipes! When we were getting ready to leave, I asked her if she would share her recipe for the apple pie. Either cut butter into chunks or use a large-hole cheese grater to grate it into the dry mixture. Her house was decorated beautifully; and her recipes were just wonderful, each and every one of them. They’re more sour than other apples but when mixed with the brown sugar, they have the perfect balance of sweet and tart. If the crumble crust is getting too brown, cover lightly with tin foil and continue to bake. Check for doneness with a knife or fork that the apples are fork tender. Don't let the name of this website fool you! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. An email has been sent to you. Whoops! In a small saucepan combine the remaining 1/2 cup pecans, brown sugar and butter; cook over medium heat until boiling, immediately spread over the pie filling. Mix crackers, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Newsletter. In a large mixing bowl, add all your filling ingredients. You can imagine how my apartment smelled. In a small bowl, mix together crumbled graham crackers, brown sugar and cinnamon. I must have gained 5 pounds that night, from this pie recipe alone! Mix all topping ingredients with a pastry cutter until blended well and crumbly. I went a completely different route when it came to the top of the pie. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Please check your email to confirm your subscription. It looks as though you’ve already said that. Take out and let cool. Please try again. Then, a few years later, I became a caterer, and I had to make 3 or 4 pies at a time. Try to cover as much of the top of the pie as you can, Place pie in the oven and bake for 55 minutes. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly on the apples. Slow down. You seem to be logged out. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/35636/graham-cracker-crunch-topping We usually only eat Granny Smith around here so that’s what I used in my pie. Nutritional Info below was calculated using. Remove the pie plate from the refrigerator and spread the apples evenly into the crust, discarding any liquid that has been released from the apples. You want it nice and crumbly. The batter was pretty much identical to cookie-dough. Not exactly. Beat one egg and brush into the bottom and sides of the graham cracker pie crust. I use a graham cracker crust because it gives the pie a sweeter, more flavorful taste. Required fields are marked *. It’s the best apple dessert for the fall baking season. The final product yields a beautifully baked top-crust that tastes like a large, soft cookie. I decided to take a page out of my Easy Pumpkin Pie recipe and use graham cracker crust for this apple pie as well. It adds such a sweet complimentary flavor and a little extra crunch. Top pie and gently press into apples. After slicing, you’ll stir in the apple pieces with your mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar and flour creating your official apple pie filling. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/054733/easy-apple-crumble-pie Related: Mario Batali’s Cheddar Cheese Apple Pie. 2 cups graham cracker crumbs 3/4 cup sugar, divided 1/2 cup butter, melted 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium) Bake for 4 to 5 minutes. Sorry, comments are currently closed. It’s important that you peel your apples first and then slice them into thin pieces about 2-inches long. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/graham-cracker-apple-crisp-for-two When I lived in Atlanta many years ago, I was invited to a dinner party with a few new friends the first week I arrived there. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a small baking sheet. But it proves that different can still be scrumptious. Being a New Yorker, this was such a nice experience spending time with her family and new acquaintances for the evening. In a medium mixing bowl, add all crumb topping ingredients. Luckily, apple pie filling is pretty standard and easy to put together. I love taking major time-saving shortcuts when it comes to baked pies. Mouthwatering recipes, handy kitchen tips, and more delivered to your inbox, apples, sliced thin, I used a combination of Gala, Green Granny Smith and Golden Delicious apples, prepared graham cracker crust, regular or large1, unsalted cold butter, cut into small pieces. 61 Classic Thanksgiving Recipes, From Savory to Sweet & Everything in Between, Tyra Banks Shares the Big Changes She Wants to Make for. She was born and raised in Georgia. Graham Cracker Crumb Apple Pie is one of the wonderful ways to celebrate the fall apples. In a medium mixing bowl, add all crumb topping ingredients. You can use any combination of apples you like such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala. You seem to be logged out. I’m one of those people who learns as they go, and I hope some of you out there can relate. Beauty Guru Kelly Strack's Top 15 Makeup Gifts for the Holidays, 25 Easy Keto Lemon Recipes That Add a Citrus Burst of Flavor to Any Dish, 50 Best Elf on the Shelf Memes to Crack You Up This Holiday Season, Ha-ha-ha—Merry Christmas! Your account was created. I’m very happy with how this apple pie turned out especially because of how EASY it was to make. Celebrity interviews, recipes and health tips delivered to your inbox. Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Marshmallow Crème Frosting, In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Refresh your page, login and try again. But with a huge bag of apples sitting in my kitchen that no one wanted to eat, I knew I had no choice but to turn those apples into a sweet, sweet dessert. How Long Does it Take to Cook the Perfect Turkey? Graham Cracker Crumb Apple Pie is one of the wonderful ways to celebrate the fall apples. 50 Thanksgiving Trivia Questions and Answers to Impress All Your Dinner Guests. Am I really such an awesome cook that I can make anything with my eyes closed?

Local Operator Quantum Mechanics, Child Custody Laws In Texas For Unmarried Parents, Kale Benefits Skin Acne, Contemporary Mountain Homes, Mystery Images Hd, Demon Slayer Op Ukulele Tabs, Microsoft Sway Newsletter Examples, Kale Benefits For Skin, Ear Irrigation Articles, Seattle Coffee Gear Bonavita, Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment,