Method. . As a family, we are not brinjal lovers. Remove the lid and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes till the water has evaporated. I never had an affinity for Brinjal but my liking for it started when my Mother In Law made a dish using long green Brinjals and dried shrimp. Cover with very little water – around 1/2 cup. Unakka Chemmeen Podichathu (Powdered Dried Prawns), Cabbage Stir Fry (Mezhkkupuratti/Upperi/Poriyal), Kadachakka Mezhukkupuratti (Breadfruit Stir fry), Chakka Vevichathu (Mashed Jackfruit with Coconut), Kozhi Ularthiyathu (Kerala Style Sauteed Chicken), Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Indian Spices, Fish Curry with Raw Mango in Coconut Milk, Kozhuva Peera Vechathu (Anchovies simmered with Coconut), Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Cheese Sauce, Brinjal (cut into medium sized pieces) – 3 long slender ones, Kudam Puli (Gambooge/Fish Tamarind) – 2 pieces. Add a pinch of turmeric, salt, kudampuli, 1/2 tsp chilly powder, 1/2 tsp fish masala powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and cook the shrimps for 15-20 minutes till tender. Thank you Jisha for your delicious oats puttu. Add onions and saute till translucent. Cover and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until the brinjal pieces are almost cooked. Wow.. Add the kudampuli pieces and the reserved gravy to the kadai. Add the cooked shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes. It can be long and slender or small and round. Squeeze the brinjal pieces to remove water from it and add it to the pan. Brinjal or Aubergine or Eggplant (Vazhuthananga in Malayalam) comes in different shapes, sizes and colors. 2. Transfer the shrimps to a pan. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan or cheena chatti at medium flame. (No need to add water while cooking) Add ghee and cover and cook again till brinjal is cooked well and becomes soft. Brinjal and Dried Shrimp Thoran (traditional Kerala vegetable saute with coconut scrapes) is an excellent dish. I need to research on techniques to make this vegetable appealing to my family. Thats an interesting dish and looks so…. I didn’t add coconut to it, so I prefer to call the dish as Brinjal Dried Shrimp Mezhkkupuratti – Vazhuthananga Unakka Chemmeen Mezhkkupuratti. I love brinjal because it is easy to chop and it cooks in a jiffy and I have no preferences when it comes to food. It can be long and slender or small and round. Brinjal – the “King of Vegetables” happens to be an all time favorite of Indians. Sooji ke pakode | rava pakoda | suji ke . Maybe I should try simple recipes more often. Next add the brinjal pieces to the kadai. I have started falling in love with Brinjal after trying out different recipes like Vazhuthananga Thoran, Mezhkkuperatti, Stuffed Brinjal and so on. Chop the brinjal into cubes. Veg lollipop recipe | veggie bites | bre . Reserve the water and the kudampuli. 5 must have kitchen tools to create your perfect Indian recipes. . Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Squeeze the eggplant pieces well to remove the moisture and add to the pan. Thanks for the lovely entries Jisha! I am sending this to Fall in Love FIL – Brinjal, event hosted by Sanghi’s Food Delights. Brinjal Dried Shrimp Mezhkkupuratti. Maybe the coconut oil saved me or the addition of a bit of tamarind. Drain the water from the cooked shrimps. Saute till onions become soft. Cool site.. yummy delights! Next add … Slice the eggplant lengthwise into thick pieces as shown in the picture. This stir fry vanished faster than I thought it would. First wash and chop Brinjal to medium sized pieces and then drain it nicely. And the key rule in our home when it comes to ridge gourd, brinjal, bitter gourd and lady's finger is that it should not appear mashed because my husband cannot dare look at a vegetable if it's gooey. Add coconut pieces and mix well . Use large brinjal for this recipe, the long green ones would do as well. . So this time when I laid my hands on a brinjal I had no time to grind coconut, or peel garlic so I decided to tr a simple stir fry. . All these recipes are inspired from the flavors of Kerala and are being shared from my kitchen to yours. Put them in a vessel filled with water. Traditionally this recipe does not require tamarind but this is again a new rule in our kitchen- anything with tamarind in it gets consumed immediately. Wash and clean the dried shrimps. It can be dark purple in color, white, yellow or light green. . . I managed to prepare a stir fry using dried shrimp (Unakka Chemmeen) and long violet Brinjals and it tasted great. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. Brinjal or Aubergine or Eggplant (Vazhuthananga in Malayalam) comes in different shapes, sizes and colors. Then heat little oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and when it crackles, add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Brinjal – the “King of Vegetables ” happens to be an all time favorite of Indians. It can be dark purple in color, white, yellow or light green. Mix well so that the masala gets coated well on the pieces. 1. Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds. Cover and cook for 5-6 mins in medium flame till brinjal is half cooked. This recipe is dedicated to my dearest Husband who has always inspired and encouraged me. Hi, I am Jisha, a busy Mom & Wife, author & website developer of Kerala Recipes. Dahi bhindi banane ki recipe| dahi bhind . Add 1 tsp chilly powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and stir fry for a minute. Top 5 Snacky Tikki Recipes From Our Super Homecooks! yummy! Add green chillies, curry leaves and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Sprinkle salt and mix everything.

Bouncing Off The Walls Lyrics, Piano Microphone System, Sbi Mobile Banking Number, Fender American Performer Telecaster Honey Burst, Things To Do In Bideford With Dogs, Steak Pie With Puff Pastry Top And Bottom, Prunus Incisa Kojo-no-mai Bonsai, Eggless Banana Cake, Becoming A Metalsmith,