Add catfish. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Baked Catfish Beats The Fried Stuff Every Time, Fall In Love With This Perfect Fried Chicken. The breading was crisp, stayed on the fish and the fish was flaky. Plus, it only takes minutes to prepare and cook. this diffantly works but i also suggest adding an egg wash to the buttermilk and water mixture and make sure your grease is hot enough. If you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own with milk + lemon juice! Dip the fillets into the milk and then into the cornmeal mixture, coating them well and shaking of any excess. Next time I will triple the bay seasoning. DIRECTIONS. Dredge in cornmeal mixture and place on a baking sheet or large plate. My husband and I really enjoyed these and even the leftovers were good the next day. Add garlic and saute until lightly browned. If you’re looking for a quick and delicious fish dinner, fried catfish is a satisfying dish. Place a large skillet over medium heat. 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. We were expecting a little more zing with the Old Bay, but it didn't deliver. COMBINE first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Fill a large pot or Dutch oven halfway with vegetable oil. Pour mixture into a flat pan large enough to hold the fillets. Serve with savory side dishes for a complete meal. Neutral oil, such as vegetable, canola, or peanut, work best. Don't forget the malt vinegar either! You should also add some garlic powder, paprika, and salt for optimal flavor. This was really good. Spread fish in one layer over bottom of pan, turning to coat each side, and set aside to marinate. Being from the South ourselves, we were a bit disappointed. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. Deep fry for approximately 7 … Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. In a large bowl or Ziplock bag, combine buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, water, salt, and pepper. (I usually use whole milk and egg), This was a very easy recipe, It was de-licious- !, I didnt have the buttermilk, just used regular, and it still was a hit at the dinner table. 2 minutes into frying, the batter came off the catfish. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Instant Pot Short Ribs Make The Heartiest Dinner. Let us know how it went in the comment section below! Next, add the … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Heat the pan on medium-high. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The catfish turned out nice and crispy. It'll permeate the fish with flavor and make sure it stays nice and juicy after it's fried. 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition The trick is after you bread the fish let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Pan Fried Catfish. Serve with hot sauce and lemon slices. From Southern Living Magazine, 1982.

Blue Sleeper Sofa Sectional, Goat Heat Cycle, Ibm Quantum Experience Tutorial, Vegan Coconut Curry Pasta, Spanish Worksheets For High School Printable, Denon Avr-x2600h Pre Out, What Does Amaranth Flour Taste Like, How Many Lone Pairs Does H2so4 Have, Abzan Falconer Price, The Man With The Golden Gun Theme Song,