We really enjoyed this. Great to know! Seriously though keep up the great work all of your recipes are bomb :). This looks amazing. Peel apart garlic cloves but leave the skin on. I think this will become my potluck go-to, since potlucks are often not very plant-based/anti-inflammatory friendly. Add kale to a large mixing bowl. 5 yo ate it but condimented with tomato sauce. What a fantastic recipe! This turned out well & even my cousin (who Srirachas everything!!) thanks for sharing, Eleanor! The chickpeas were a perfect compliment to the richness of the dressing. Preheat oven to 400. You can also bake them longer, and then let them cool for 10 minutes before adding to the salad. The garlicy dressing alone is worth the price of admission. I just made this (made my own seasoning as per the recipe) and was surprised that the chickpeas not only didn’t have any real taste, but tasted kind of bad. Love your recipes! Like ever. Turned out well! I haven’t tried it but if you do, let us know how it goes! I just want to say that I have been making this salad for years, YEARS! I didn’t bother with oil though – just baked them and the garlic on baking paper and it worked fine. As most people say, everything was amazing! I made it exactly as written, using the note on subbing the spices. & Simple. Unfortunately, this will not be a keeper recipe (many others from your website are though :-)). Not every recipe is going to speak to everyone! I barely tasted the garlic with half a head. Yes, try more oil next time! Thank-you so much! I was on the site looking for desert recipes and saw a pic that look exactly like something from my own kitchen. It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Every recipe I’ve tried from your website has never disappointed and now here is another one to add to my growing “favorites” list. Tahini takes over the dressing so basically it tastes like kale mixed with tahini. This is a brilliant recipe. but I had to double the time roasting the chickpeas – even though they seemed “throughly dried”. Great ideas thank you. I cannot wait to try it :) Thank you for your yummy recipes! I also added a grilled chicken breast for more substance. Followed the recipe pretty much exactly except I had to roast my chickpeas for longer so they would crisp up nicely (about 30 min) so I had to take the garlic out earlier than the chickpeas. Peel apart garlic cloves but leave the skin on. Thanks for such a great dinner idea :). For those of us who aren’t huge thing fans, do you have suggestions for a full or partial substitute? Super good! There is still way too much seasoning, and it doesn’t taste good. And the dressing (which is kinda sweet) helps things out, too! ??? The “quick” garlic roast worked for me and the dressing recipe is really flexible — I had the garlic and tahini, but I used fresh lime juice and white wine vinegar to brighten it up and it was amazing! Massage salt into leaves until kale softens and turns a … Cartwheels, dancing, hugging, snacking. After I poured the dressing on it was waaaay overdressed. This salad is so good. for Easter this Sunday. I’ve made this recipe a few times now and it’s one of my favorites! I made my own spice blend following the instructions since I had all of those spices on hand individually and it worked great. Wash and dry kale. This recipe is so customizable and the dressing is fantastic! I’m a bit of a kale newbie so I tried with lacinato/black kale cut in thin strips. Would love to make this for work but worried I’d have garlic breath! I like to add roasted sweet potatoes on the side and use the extra dip for the veggies and some crusty bread ? I know this isn’t always possible though! The chick peas are delicious! Anyways, I love your recipes and I can’t give this one a try! I tried this recipe tonight, So yummy! SUPER flavorful, 30-minute Kale Salad with a creamy roasted garlic tahini dressing and crispy tandoori roasted chickpeas! Dressing must be so good, but I have to roast garlic when my husband is not home, otherwise he’ll devour it before I realize its gone. Delicious salad, Dana! Unfortunately, this particular recipe was not a hit with myself or my partner. Put the veggies in a large bowl and add the cranberries. It was simply amazing. Is there another possible substitute? Yes, kale salad, any time! Amazing recipe! xo. Your email address will not be published. But hummus and pita or naan would make excellent additions. Not sure why everyone thinks it takes so long. Has anyone added bacon to it? I think my dressing might have gone a little wonky though, because it was very thin and didn’t look like your pictures. Doubled this recipe, as I know it would be delicious. It’s become a weekly meal for me! Tellmeaboutit. Yes! I have been making this salad at least once a week for YEARS at this point and it is my absolute favorite recipe. I’ve made it twice and both times it was delicious. Just wondered if anything could be subbed for the garlic. Delicious! This massaged kale salad recipe turns fresh kale … I do use real Parmesan and always roast two cans of chickpeas, while I’m at it, so we have leftovers to snack on…I use 1 TBSP of the maple syrup and 6 to 8 cloves raw garlic in the dressing. I’m wondering if I can use something to substitute the tahini as I don’t have any on hand. I did the garlic cloves in my toaster oven wrapped in foil for 25 min at 350, then uncovered for another 7 minutes to lightly brown (since I didn’t need the full sized oven due to the lentils being all done on stove-top); the cloves slow roasted nicely, very soft and with some golden brown bits on the cloves themselves. thank you for sharing so much delicious beauty. Kale salads are my favorite because, yes, nutrients, but they also stay good for days without getting soggy! Have a question? I have this once a week. The only “adjustment” we made, if you will, is we baked the chickpeas longer because we wanted them super crispy. Even my mom whose not a fan of kale nor chickpeas found it delicious :). Kale salads are one of my all time favorite things and something crispy (that is not a crusty bread) sounds like pure perfection. Highly recommend. I don’t think the recipe needs adjusting as written, but I did do a few small things different…I made homemade tandoori using the above as a base but added smoked paprika as well as regular, and small amounts of cinnamon, cloves and cayenne. I however didn’t use the tahini in the recipe… Instead i just took a few spoonfuls of chickpeas and added them to the dressing in the blender. If you’ve ever roasted a head of garlic, you know the struggle of waiting the grueling hour of cooking until its completion. The chickpeas are best when fresh as they lose some of their crunchiness. Super healthy So I crafted a way to quick-roast garlic by separating the cloves. Exactly my thinking! Bake for about 15 minutes until toasted and crispy, tossing occasionally to evenly cook. also you *~*need*~* to try the Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado sugar if you have not yet done so. My house smells so good from the roasting garlic and chickpeas! It took me to freaky town and I never want to come home. I got a little carried away and now I’ve got a little gas problem! Add all remaining dressing ingredients and whisk vigorously to combine, smashing the garlic with the whisk. Is that the Trader Joe’s Organic Tuscan Kale I see? ? This kale salad is the perfect compliment to any main dish or even best served on its own. My chickpeas never got crunchy though, and my roasted garlic a little over done (but loved the tip about separating them to cook faster!). It’s a great alternative to lettuce and kale, and has a bit more “studiness” to it than lettuce, which I think will suit the dressing and the chickpeas :). Do you have just a savory book. Dawn @ Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness says. I followed the recipe notes for the DIY Tandoori Masala blend for the chickpeas, and the roasted chickpeas were not very tasty (I do want to point out that I enjoy Indian dishes and flavors, but something was off with the spice blend). What would you suggest to replace oil in recipe. the crunchier the better! I also served with orange slices because I found myself craving them as I was tasting the salad during prep… Thanks for a delicious recipe, I have really been enjoying your blog recipes! My favorite thing to eat for lunch lately is one of those "salad kits" from the grocery store that has lots of kale, brussel sprouts, and shredded broccoli. I’m planning on trying this recipe but wanted to Make tandoori masala in bulk bec we use this marinade on chicken a lot. Excited to try your other kale salads now, too! Aw, thanks so much for your sweet note and lovely review, Nicki! So it can be stressful figuring out what to bring that is inexpensive for sharing with people who don’t necessarily value healthy (and often more expensive) ingredients, and also provides me with a complete meal in case my contribution is the only thing I can eat. May be bad chickpeas right out of the can. Overnight? It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Very delicious. The dish has a wonderful flavor profile. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe. I literally have NEVER left a comment for anything but hot damn Dana, this salad is the BOMB.COM.

All Natural Hunt's Tomato Sauce Nutrition, Perfect Dark Rom, Tagetes Lucida High, How Much Do Salons Charge To Remove Acrylic Nails, Add Remote To Commercial Garage Door Opener, Scenario Planning Template Excel, Wholly Wholesome Store Locator, Business Architect Job Description,