I amazed and horrified myself by making cupcakes with a boxed mix, but it was for a good cause. So I’m rather unfamiliar with the combo, but Marc and Jay both speak highly of it. Cakes are done when you gently push on the center and they spring back. This blogger posted a picture, but their stripes were thinner because they used a toothpick to apply the paste. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter on medium-high speed until light, about 2 minutes. They both said the same thing–Either they’d be really disgusting, or wind up being the best thing ever. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 10 ounces Mountain Dew, reduced over medium heat until it is a thick syrup To get the ruffled look on my cupcakes I used a Wilton 1D tip. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Dew drinker at all (If I’m going to have soda of any kind, I prefer colas, with RC Cola being my favorite), and I don’t usually eat Doritos–Jay tends to buy the wacky, super-spicy flavors while I’m a Nacho Cheese Doritos kind of gal. Sweet! Mountain Dew Cake Directions I used Wilton Golden Yellow food coloring paste and did the same thing in the open spaces. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. These were another Pinterest find, a few months back. :) I picture it as the ultimate college guy’s cupcake. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. That being said, though, Jay liked them. Dew and eats about as many Doritos as Jay does. Yeah, you read that right. Preheat your oven to the temperature on the boxed mix. Also, for the frosting omit the orange juice and add 1 tsp high quality vanilla extract, thinning it out with 1/2 and 1/2 if necessary. My brother and the kids were crazy about the Mountain Dew Cupcakes. 1/4 cup vegetable shortening Bake 3 – 5 minutes less than the package directions making sure your cupcake pans are in the center of the oven. The Best Snacks For 4/20 « 101.9 AMP Radio. Place crushed Doritos around the edges of your frosting or put a whole Dorito into your frosting immediately after you frost your cupcake as this icing will crust somewhat. Bake in … The chip on top helps cut the sweetness a little, but even still, not my thing. Mix all the ingredients except green food coloring according to the package directions. Cool in the pan 10 minutes, before removing to wire racks to cool completely. I only have one picture of these cupcakes because to tell you the truth, I didn’t expect to ever tell anyone about them. I’m trying to find out what the theme is, make some cool suggestions, the works. I used kelly green and it looked great. Cool completely before frosting. They’re waaay too sweet–Cloyingly sweet. 1 box Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake Mix 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature If you cook this too long and too high it will get very gooey. Nacho flavored Doritos. Just before you are going to fill your cupcake liners, swirl some green food coloring through the batter with a knife. To watch the recipe or to see more of her recipes click below: Mountain Dew Cake: Lemon (moist) cake mix; 4 eggs; Lemon pudding mix; 1 1/4 cup mountain dew … 10 ounces Mountain Dew Mt. 10 drops Young Living Essential Lime Oil Fill the cupcakes about 3/4 full. I also got a few 4/20 jokes from people…So if that’s your thing, these might satisfy a strong case of the munchies. Dew. So maybe it’s my tastebuds that are all out of whack. In a stand mixer, add the lemon cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mountain dew and mix together until well combined. I’m going to get off my “everything has to be from scratch” high horse and tell you the recipe. Required fields are marked *. As a side note, another of my favorite tips got eaten by the garbage disposal. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and the pudding mix. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the soda has reduced at least by half and is thickened. John Rivers, of the 4Rivers Smokehouse in Orlando, Florida, is opening a bakery alongsi 2 large eggs Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies and an Unexpected Snow Day. He’s been leery of my creations lately because I’ve been experimenting with gluten free desserts. 1 small (3.5 ounce) box lemon instant pudding Dew. ( Log Out /  Kudos to you for trying this wacky combo! Add the eggs and the vegetable oil--The batter will be VERY thick. I even made them samples of some strange sounding cupcakes that I thought would fit in with his “redneck” theme. Drat! zest of 1 lemon I’ve wanted to try this recipe ever since I saw her mountain dew and Dorito cupcake video. When the public demands something, you just have to give them what they want whether you agree or not! Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove them to a cooling rack. Scoop into your cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners filling each well evenly, about 1/2 full. I am worthy of making baked items for their firstborn’s grad party. Learn how your comment data is processed. 1/3 cup vegetable oil (if you are looking for a more moist cake, use 1/2 cup) To make the Chocolate Root Beer Cupcakes simply substitute a Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake Mix for the Orange Supreme Cake Mix and Substitute A&W Root Beer for Mountain Dew in both the cupcakes and the frosting. They said they tasted so fresh and delicious and they really liked my frosting technique. Everyone who tried one said they were pretty good. up to 1/4 cup orange juice Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the soda has reduced at least by half and is thickened. I had to force myself to try one…And I’ll be honest, they’re not my favorite. We convinced him to try one and I got a text a few minutes later asking for more. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I bet teenagers would love these! Tramplingrose.com uses affiliate links in many posts, which means the site earns a small commission through links and purchases from several sites.

Coca-cola In Cuba 2019, How To Write A Haiku, Russian Participle Practice, Diy Garage Door Button, Ac Odyssey The Heir Of Memories, How To Cook Jasmine Rice Stovetop, How Long Is The Fallout 4 Intro, Seed Company Catalogs, Computer Keyboard App For Android, Kirkland Marinated Artichoke Hearts Recipes,