Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The receipe sounded kind of no spice/flavor what caught my attn is the bisquick instead of pastry . This pie is perfect for any occasion. This is perfect for a young family. The whole family liked. Once you’ve mixed it all up, pour it into the pie crust. Cut slits in top. Ingredients 1 pound ground beef 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 2 large eggs, beaten 1-1/2 cups whole milk 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix You can also turn this into a dinner for two and have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day, and you can make this delicious one-dish casserole recipe with hamburger meat, chicken, or ground turkey. Cut several slits on the top of the pie crust. Home Recipes Ingredients Cheese Cheddar Cheese. The next time I make this (and I will, because it was quite tasty) I will trying cutting back on the milk and adjusting the bake time as needed. Used ground sausage instead of ground beef and served with some syrup. Press into an ungreased 9-in. Classic Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Dinner - Southern Home Express, […] delicious ground beef recipe is this shepherd’s pie. I’d love to hear from you! I bought two refrigerated pie crusts, that come in the package together, and unrolled the first one into a deep pie pan. Don’t feel bad about using store-bought pie crust, either. Let me know how yours turns out. So, go to town and add all those potatoes. In a separate bowl, combine cooked ground beef, cooked (or frozen) cubed potatoes, frozen veggies, cream of chicken soup, and salt and pepper. I've made this twice now. I cooked the beef and boiled the potatoes right before I opened the crust and rolled it out; but, you can also cook the potatoes the day before and refrigerate them until you are ready. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card. This easy ground beef pot pie recipe is the perfect hearty, easy meal for a family of four or more. Start by rolling out one of the pie crusts in the deep dish pie pan. Serving meals for a 10, 8 and 5 year old is difficult, no one can ever agree. I would say that the texture was right on the edge for my own tastes. Made famous in Central Louisiana, Natchitoches Meat Pies are traditional savory hand pies. Thanks for sharing that with us so we can try it, too! Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. We love it! Learn how to make this handheld meat pie recipe with a flavorful Panorama Meats ground beef filling, … You don’t want drippings messing up the oven. You'll want to keep this Easy Ground Beef Pot Pie Recipe tucked away for those nights when you don't have much time, or are too tired to cook. Don’t worry if you have a rip or two, or if it’s not pinched together as beautiful as Martha Stewart would do it. This recipe solved that problem for us. If you’re just feeding a couple of people, you can cut the recipe in half. It saves A LOT of time. cilantro, shredded Mexican style cheese, ground cumin, salt, extra virgin olive oil … Pour over cheese. That way, when you bake it the crust will be a golden flaky brown. Pinch the top crust to the bottom crust to seal it. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. It is so delicious! Stir in the potatoes, broth and seasonings. I honestly don’t think you can ever have too many potatoes. https://www.food.com/recipe/grandmas-ground-beef-pie-402215 Place the homemade pot pie on a tray, in case the insides decide to bubble over. We (Back To My Southern Roots) are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you! Spray a deep pie pan with a non-stick spray, and set aside. You can also prepare the pot pie and freeze it before you bake it. From Bucyrus, Ohio, Cleora Campbell sends this recipe for a beefed-up quiche that doesn't require a prepared crust. Roll out the second pie crust on top. It's an easy, hearty, and delicious meal that will feed the entire family. Cook for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Copyright © 2020 Back To My Southern Roots | Trellis Framework by Mediavine. You might also like this ground beef pot pie from my friend Julie’s blog Back to My Southern […]. Ingredients 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 onion, chopped 1 pound lean ground beef 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 clove garlic, minced 1 cup green beans 1 cup tomatoes, diced 2 medium (2-1/4" … I made it and added a little beef broth and onion powder,and garlic powder. Thanks! Make a couple of small slits in the top to let steam escape. Whisk one egg in a small bowl and brush the top of the pie crust. I went in and had it set where you can now read the comments. I’ve bought pot pies at the store and they were kind of wimpy pot pies. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. Roll out the second pie crust over the beef mixture and press it against the lower crust, creating a seal. But, you can add everything on top, and it will only make the top of the pie crust larger. I like to make this recipe with sausage instead of ground beef. If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us. By CHRYSTALP1981. This was good. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese. Directions In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Thanks for the recipe. pie plate. I cheat and use a can of diced potatoes, drained. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/ground-beef-pie-with-pie-crust It’s still going to turn out amazing. Empanadas (Beef Turnovers) Rating: Unrated 101 The perfect pastry for all meals! Yummy! Good idea i added lots of seasoning to the ground beef and added onion and celery and mushrooms to the meat mixture and than followed the receipe it needs a pick me up for flavor I added garlic and onion and oxo beef cube, and seasing pepper and onion soup mix than it was nice and I served it with gravy over it. I love pot pies. Be nice if we could read the reviews. The great thing about the pot pie is that you don’t need to set aside a lot of time to prepare it. It’s like a whole lotta goodness tucked into a neat little–or in this case, a big–package that’s easy to cook. The entree is easy to assemble and economical, too, at a mere 82¢ a serving. There are two things I can promise you about this meal: I ate a large piece of the pot pie recipe, my husband ate three, and the kids each ate one piece and we still had leftovers. Make three or four at a time and have them at the ready on a night when you’re tired. I also add about 2 cups shredded mild cheddar into the mix! You will need a deep dish for this because it is a hearty meal. Empanadas, or beef turnovers, are discs of pastry packed with meat. The star of any meat pie recipe is obviously the meat, and we’re making this Cajun classic recipe with ground beef, as per tradition. It was really good will make again. Tried it again a couple of weeks later for breakfast. Pour the beef mixture over the pie crust. In a separate bowl, combine cooked ground beef, cooked (or frozen) cubed potatoes, frozen … Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! It seems odd there is no way to bring them up. When I poured the mixture into the crust, I still had some potatoes leftover, because I wasn’t sure if I had made too many. It makes the dish more flavorful. You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make. My family really enjoyed this dish! You can see it’s not the prettiest sight, but it works, and that’s the objective. pie plate. Check out the ground beef pot pie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! I used Panorama 93/7 lean ground beef because it cooks up quick and adds incredible flavor to a trinity of traditional South Louisiana veggies without weighing them down by … Some turnover recipes call for all manner of fillings, but this GOYA® Empanada recipe features a delicious tomato, onion, garlic and … No big deal. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. pie plate. Baked barbeque beans and ground beef with a crust. And I confess that after adding in one cup of milk to the biscuit mix I was very hesitant to add the remaining 1/2 cup... it was very liquidy. Too soggy. Once you’ve rolled out the pot pie crust, mix up the cooked beef, boiled potatoes, cream of chicken soup, and veggies (they can still be frozen) in a large bowl. Stir in the potatoes, broth and seasonings. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. My mouth is watering talking about it. Posted on Published: May 1, 2020 Categories Beef, Casserole, Dinners Under $20, Main Dishes, Meals on a Budget, Recipes. This was really good and very easy to make. My husband liked it but the children and I didn't. But, this one is stuffed with food, so your family will be quite full and happy, I promise.

Lava U Ukulele Strings, Target Corporate Phone Number, Importance Of Industry Knowledge, Pistachio Pudding Cookie Recipe, Astronaut Ice Cream Not Sandwich, Knowledge And Curriculum Syllabus, Best Mattress Under $500, Kim Jun Uju Instagram, Super Low Calorie Bread, Mtg Ephemerate Combo,