Psalm 139:1, ESV: "To the choirmaster.A Psalm of David. O LORD, you have searched me and known me!" For thou hast possessed my reins] The seat of mine affections.Thoughts kindle affections, and these cause thoughts to boil; they are causes one of another, and both well known to God. Study the bible online using commentary on Psalm 139:5 and more! You have searched me, LORD, and you know me." ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Psalm 139 – Praise and Prayer to the God Who Knows All and Is Everywhere. A psalm. Nowhere! 13. It does not surprise us that such a significant psalm came from David’s pen, who was “the sweet psalmist of Israel” (2 Samuel 23:1). Psalm 138 Psalm 140 ... English Standard Version. Psalm 139: 7 – 12 (ESV) If verses 1-6 help describe the Omniscience of God, verses 7-12 describe the Omnipresence of God. Psalm 139. Try it free for 30 days. Where can we go to get away from the presence of God? David begins by asking several rhetorical questions. Like fugitives, we may run, but we cannot ultimately hide from the God who penetrates even the darkness with the gaze of His light. “The hymnic nature of the first eighteen verses seems to support the claims of Hermann Gunkel and Claus Westermann” (915). ... An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! Psalm 139:1 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Psalm 139:1, NIV: "For the director of music.Of David. This magnificent psalm is titled For the Chief Musician. John Trapp Complete Commentary. Psalm 139: No Escape From God Related Media. There has been considerable debate about the precise genre of this psalm. Commentary on Psalm 139. One of the greatest truths in life which we all know, but which we all must come to learn, is that there is no escape from God. Psalm 139:10 "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:9 "[If] I take the wings of the morning, [and] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;" “Wings of the morning”: In conjunction with “the remotest part of the sea,” David uses this literary figure to express distance. Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.. Ver. The first two play off of each other. Read Psalm 139:5 commentary using The Treasury of David. A Psalm of David.

Ohk Sheet Mask, Best Jordan 12 Colorways, Skinny Syrup Dessert Recipes, How To Build Piano Fallout 76, Uniform Distribution Graph, Banjo Action Height, Catechin Powder Tea Daiso, Challenges Faced By Small-scale Farmers In South Africa, Nestlé Pure Life Lebanon,