Top with another piece of rectangle and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges of the pie. I just love little pies. And they will be perfect for summertime celebrations! In the meantime, you can make your glaze by whisking 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar and 2 tbsp milk in a small bowl until smooth and thick. These cherry hand pies would be a hit in my home. As a child I took a cooking class where we used puff pastry and I’ve had a secret love of it ever since. I hope that even if mine won’t turn out as pretty as your hand pies, at least they will be delicious enough to eat! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Once you have everything ready it’s really very simple: Cut your puff pastry into rectangles (I like to use my trusty bench scraper though a sharp knife should also do the trick). Lightly flour a work surface, place 2 thawed sheets puff pastry on it, and unfold the sheets. One sheet, on average, makes 4 hand pies. On lightly floured surface, roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry to approximately 9" x 13" rectangle size. Like I said, I used canned cherry pie filling for this batch but this recipe is so customizable that you can use whatever pie filling you have on hand. Hand pies are amazing. Yes! I love cherry pies and so does my middle. THese handpies are looking so delicious. I love them with my afternoon tea (yes, I’m fancy like that). Brush the edges with egg wash. https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g2318/14-hand-pie-recipes When ready, bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. I looked up how to make my own and I didn’t even want to try with so many awesome ready-made options out there. I love this. It should never be warm to the touch. Those turned out beautifully! Your email address will not be published. This makes me drool right now. These look so good and relatively easy to make. What type of dough is used for hand pies? I absolutely love baking and I love homemade goodies. Steps for making puff pastry cherry hand pies. Brush the edges of each rectangle with egg wash. Scoop about 2-3 tbsp of filling into the middle. by Jolina 31 Comments [This site contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last updated Sep 26, 2020. Oh my goodness they look so good! These would be an awesome breakfast surprise for my daughters and one they wouldn’t ever expect because I generally don’t make pastries in the morning. and even my own no-churn ice cream (will you leave if I say the word “easy” again? Drizzle the caramel sauce over the puff pastry apple hand pies, sprinkle a little kosher salt over the pastries and enjoy! Fold 1 corner over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal. With layers of puff pastry, dinner is hardly “healthy” or even entirely homemade. Press the seams together using the tines of a fork. And remember that once you’ve thawed the sheets you can’t refreeze them so use those puff pastries up. Your email address will not be published. Use the other two pastry discs for the top; crimp edges together with a fork; apply egg wash and bake! Would you like any fish in the recipe? These cherry hand pies look so decadent! I will have to give this a try. LOL). Oh wow! This is making my mouth water! Brush the whole pie with the rest of your egg wash and sprinkle with demerara or brown sugar. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Evenly split the apple mixture down the middle of six of the rectangles. 5 - simple ingredients: Fruit filling, puff pastry sheets, egg, water, salt. Let’s get baking! Try to cut them into roughly the same size. Learn how your comment data is processed. I’m definitely saving this bookmark. Add spices, stir, and remove from heat. Yes, the hand pies can be assembled and frozen before baking for up to three months. Maybe someday but for now, I am a huge ready-made puff pastry fan. The weight of 2 sheets is usually around 17-18 oz (500g). Our poor non-fruit bearing tree doesn’t even have leaves yet lol. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use. Hand pies can be made with either a pie crust type dough or puff pastry dough. Once you have everything ready it’s really very simple: Cut your puff pastry into rectangles (I like to use my trusty bench scraper though a sharp knife should also do the trick). Add a dollop of pie filling to pastry bottom; add pastry top; crimp edges, apply egg wash and bake, Pour a 14 oz.

Pentatonix I'll Be Home For Christmas, Luke 5:1-6 Sermon, Squier Classic Vibe '60s Jazzmaster Purple Metallic, Barbeque Nation Unlimited Menu Price, Coca-cola China Products, Cottonseed Oil Physical Properties, Grandia 2 Skills,