Sennheiser MKH-416 – $999 USD; Shure VP89 – $899 USD; Schoeps CMIT 5U – $2,199 USD; Sankin CS-M1 – $895 USD; Conclusion. Because of the very light-weight short body design, the microphone is more sensitive to handling noise, which could be a problem in some situations. Cheers, Tong. The new NTG5 in its black coating looks very robust, it feels very good in the hand and well built. The industry-standard Sennheiser MKH 416 shotgun microphone retails for $999. Compared to the NTG3, the NTG5 is much shorter and lighter. The Maximum Sound Pressure Level of the RØDE NTG5 is 130dB SPL, which is 1 dB more than the Sennheiser MKH-8060, and the Noise Floor of the RØDE NTG5 is 10dB SPL (A-Weighted), which is 1 dB less than the Sennheiser MKH-8060. Tell us what’s your experience with the RØDE NTG5 and other RØDE microphones. The Sennheiser MKH-8060 is the latest member of the legendary MKH family. He works as a location sound recordist, sound editor, and sound designer for film and TV projects. Even from psychoacoustic, the human ear can not hear the 1dB difference, but this tiny difference may make the RØDE NTG5 even work better in some extreme situations. The Aluminum body helps to reduce weight. After many tests and the comparison to Sennheiser MKH-8060, both looking at the build quality and the sound quality, the RØDE NTG5 Microphone a real no-brainer in its price range. Quote: Originally Posted by JamesClark1991. This microphone is, for now, THE BEST all-around short shotgun microphone in its price range we know of. Sound is a very subjective judgment, and everyone has their definition of “natural-sounding” or “warm sounding” microphone. RØDE has made another product that could become an industry-standard with an unbelievable price for the market. The focus of my test was the off-axis coloration of sound, and how the microphone works on a real film set. Sennheiser 416 comes with a frequency response range that spans from 40 Hz to 20 kHz. Thanks for your comments. Whilst Zoom make good recorders, I would have expected you to use something like a Sound Devices MixPre for this test. It typically boosts and emboldens the presence of mids and highs, effectively making vocals and human voices much more articulate and clear to hear. Blind Test: MKH 416 vs Rode NTG5 When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. The pistol grip is made from plastic, which can only provide some isolation of handling noise, in my test with a professional boom pole, it catches more handling noises in higher frequency range compared to the Cinela Pianissimo Suspension system (but the Cinela Pianissimo Suspension system costs almost $1000 alone without a microphone). Now, coming to the most important part: sound! A good all-around shotgun microphone sounds only a little “faraway” and “quieter”, without color the sound and losing many details. And if you are considering purchase one, what else would you like to know about the NTG5? My Recordings/Credits. The RØDE NTG5 is a short shotgun microphone from the Australian microphone Manufacture RØDE. No spam, guaranteed! All these accessories are well built, feel very robust in the hand, and I found that they can even handle some extreme situations. At only 203mm long and 72 grams, it is 52mm shorter and 91 grams lighter than the NTG3. In comparison to the NTG3, the new NTG5 is about 50mm shorter than the NTG3, in total it’s 203mm long. Compared to the current consumption of a camera sensor and other parts, this is a very tiny amount, but if you are running this microphone with a mobile recorder such as Zoom H5, this may give you some extra minutes running time before its battery drains (mind you that this is a passive microphone, therefore the need for phantom power). These factors make the NTG5 seem too good to be true, so we took a closer look. If you are shooting outdoors, you need to have some good wind protection (the foam windscreen is only enough for indoor situations, but as there’s a RØDE WS10 Furry Windshield included in the package, no need to worry in this point). Learn more Page 2 of 2 < 1 2 Reply OPTIONS. As I was considering using the Rode NTG5 as a backup and on-camera microphone for my Sennheiser MKH-8060, I tested the RØDE NTG5 side by side with my Sennheiser MKH-8060, both in the studio and in the field. Besides that, the black design matches with the RØDE VideoMic NTG, the NT-SF1 Ambisonic and the RØDE TF-5 Pencil Microphone perfectly. As I was considering using the Rode NTG5 as a backup and on-camera microphone for my Sennheiser MKH-8060, I tested the RØDE NTG5 side by side with my Sennheiser MKH-8060, both in the studio and in the field. Read our full Privacy Policy here. The NTG3 has a very crispy sound for human voice, but you can tell that it’s not neutral. I would also have liked a comparison to the NTG3. The Rode NTG5 has 3dB less self noise, a higher output (66mV output compared to 25mV), is 89 grams lighter, 25% physically shorter, has a 10 year warranty, includes a Rycote shockmount/pistol grip, cable, windshield and it costs half the price of the Sennheiser … But the NTG5 retails for $499, which is half the price of the Sennheiser … It weighs only 76g, that’s almost half the weight of NTG3. But surprisingly, it costs 20% less with a whole accessory kit included. And if you don't like our newsletter, you can unsubscribe with a single click, the link is at the bottom of every newsletter. Here is the Polar Pattern and the Frequency Response of the RØDE NTG5. This means, the RØDE NTG5 can handle 1 dB louder, and has 1dB less noise. Sounding good in perfect angle and distance is not enough for a good all-around short shotgun microphone. But there’s also a kind of “industry standard” for sound, which is what you hear every day from TV and in the cinema. I was actually quite shocked at how much smaller and lighter it was than the NTG3. 4 weeks ago #31. Cheers, Paul. Much more critical is the sound coming from off-axis. Furthermore, the current consumption of RØDE NTG5 is 2mA at 48V Phantom Power, which is 1.3mA less than the Sennheiser MKH8060. Hi, Paul. With the experience they have, and the industry-proven sound quality, I doubt that for the price, there will be a better choice as the RØDE NTG5. We only send updates about our most relevant articles. Specifications do not mean everything. Lives for gear . The microphone is made from aluminium, which means it can still have some RF interferences in extreme situations. And because of the high sensitivity and short body design, the microphone is very wind sensitive. Rode NTG 1 Vs Sennheiser 416 Conclusion Sennheiser 416 … On the other hand, the bare NTG5 body measures only 19 mm x 203 mm, making it easier to travel and less likely to scare to TSA agents. cinema5D GmbH, Kranzgasse 22/9-10, A-1150 Vienna, Austria, Fixed!

Fender Modern Player Jaguar, Furniture Sale Near Me, F Dorian Scale Piano, Fly-in Lake Trout Fishing, Mint Leaves Safe During Pregnancy, Modalverben Im Präsens, Pro Pest Pantry Moth And Beetle Trap, Sich Setzen Imperativ, Modern Leather Apartment Sofa, Akg P5 Vs D5,