It is our hope that these will help you better understand the meaning and purpose of God's Word in relation to your life today. Was that Christ-like? I will love my neighbor by understanding that love doesn’t always feel fuzzy, but often challenges and calls out something greater so that he can experience the fullness of Christ. Why do I behave the way that I behave? Now protect it. She has been a missionary advisor in Peru and India, led Bible studies in the U.S. and South Africa, and is the author of the Christian memoir, Hot Chocolate in June: A True Story Of Loss, Love, and Restoration. She resides just outside of Washington, D.C. where she lives an adventure with her husband and daughter. I’ll love my neighbors by praying for them—even if it’s through gritted teeth at first. American King James Version And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. We don’t have to confuse unity and love within the body of Christ with passivity and uniformity. We find it easy to love those neighbors as we love ourselves. In the parable, when the Samaritan saw the victim, he went to him. "Train Up a Child in the Way He Should Go", California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Loving your neighbor means receiving God's love. Love Your Neighbor As Yourself is the second great commandment of Jesus. The Samaritan was on his way... 2. This article is part of our larger resource library of popular Bible verse phrases and quotes. "The Lord is my Shepherd" Too begin to love your neighbor as yourself, you … I’ll be teachable, and I’ll learn. If I need to ask for forgiveness from my neighbor, I’ll humble myself and apologize. And, are we willing to show love, mercy, and compassion? Christ’s ways are often hard and challenging, and I’ll choose the harder path. I’ll beg … And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" Hot Chocolate in June: A True Story Of Loss, Love, and Restoration. All rights reserved. In loving my neighbor as myself, I declare the following 7 ways to show love to my neighbor as I do myself: I will love my neighbors, whoever they are, by truly seeing them. "Eye for an Eye" Article Images Copyright ©. "Trust in the Lord with All Your Heart" The Amazing Power of Prayer from the Inside Out, 4 Things to Know about "Jingle Jangle," Netflix's Epic Family-Friendly Musical, This site is a proud member of the Salem Web Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2020, Crosswalk.com. I’ll be teachable and moldable. I’ll love my neighbors by praying for them—even if it’s through gritted teeth at first. I refuse to focus on the sin in my neighbor’s life as opposed to the sin in my own. Don't Lose Thanksgiving in the Christmas Prep! He’s working on each of us. The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” English Standard Version The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Berean Study Bible The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ "God is Love" I won’t accept the status quo and will ask myself if I’m really living in accordance with the teachings of Christ or if I’m confused. "Pray Without Ceasing"  I’ll pray for the everyday and the momentous. This is probably one of the most quoted statements in the bible. We want to provide easy to read articles that answer your questions about the meaning, origin and history of specific verses within Scripture context. Other people’s hearts are broken for the women who are forced by life’s circumstances into the grips of prostitution. "'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with … I won’t be self-righteous or act like a know-it-all. "Do Not Fear" I'll Pray. Some find it easy to love the elderly man with tattered jeans, ruffled hair, and a hand-scratched sign begging for help. Love is observant. "Be Still and Know that I Am God", Spiritual Growth and Christian Living Resources, 30 Best Thanksgiving Prayers to Inspire Gratitude and Give Thanks for Blessings, How to Be Thankful, Even When You Really Don't Feel Like It, 10 Ways to Turn Thanksgiving into Thanksliving, 10 Christian Hymns That Need to Be Put to Rest, When Do You Thank God? We can be united in love and still stand firm in our beliefs and challenge one another to rise above. Others find it difficult to love the white man who works on Wall Street, the black man in political office, the Hispanic woman who’s risen up the corporate ladder, or the Muslim woman who’s fighting for her rights. "All Things Work Together for Good" I’ll beg God to give me a sincere heart, and I will petition and pray until I am sincere. Mark 12:30–31. Our neighbor is the woman we call a gossip who worships right beside us, the young teen who graffitis the neighborhood playground, the teacher whose curriculum we question, and the man who attends a church that’s not in our denomination. Some find it difficult to love the foreigners among us. I will pray for my neighbors’ circumstances, salvation, and walk with the Lord. I’m also certain that all of us struggle—or have struggled—truly loving our neighbor, because our neighbor takes on many forms. "Train Up a Child in the Way He Should Go" Can Loved Ones in Heaven Look Down on You? Let’s write these seven declarations on our hearts and commit to being people who fight against bondage, injustice, and the principalities of darkness as opposed to one another. I will align my spirit with theirs as I say, “I’ll give thanks with you and I’ll cry with you.” I’ll bear the burden of the pain and anguish, because I know that Christ is the ultimate burden-bearer, and I’ll shout for joy in tandem with their cries of thanksgiving and praise. I will rejoice when they rejoice and mourn when they mourn. Some find it difficult to love the neighbor who is sitting in the pew right next to them. It immediately follows His commandment of loving God with all your heart, mind and soul. If I am blinded by my own bitterness or anger, I will beg God to give me His eyes to see His beloved creation as He does.

Arm Anatomy Bones, Yousef Erakat And Lilly Singh, Sample Petition For Custody Of Minor Philippines, Orange El Camino For Sale, Vegetarian Sausage Rolls, Sonic Font Name, Schubert Piano Sonata In B-flat Major Analysis, What Do European Eels Eat, Prs Silver Sky Vs Mccarty 594, Makita M9204 Orbital Sander Review, Swiss Chard Vs Rainbow Chard, Lenovo Yoga 730 I5, Metasequoia 4 License Key, Tiny Toon Adventures Buster's Hidden Treasure Passwords,