David was under real pressure from his “adversaries” and “enemies” who were devouring his flesh, an expression that refers to slanderous speech. Psalms 27:1 ( KJV ) 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? There is security in the presence of the Lord. [Note: See Swindoll, pp94-105; and John Mark Soden, "Whom Shall I Fear? The voice of adversaries can create confusion. "Expository Notes of Dr. Thomas Constable". ., p145. My thirty-sixth birthday is forever etched in my memory. David acknowledged that God was his light, salvation, and defense and so was able to face his fears with courage and confidence. Psalm 27 The Psalm that we heard read just now – Psalm 27 – speaks into that feeling because it is primarily a reflection on the nearness of God to us as we journey through life. 1. The phrase “my head will be lifted up” continues the figure from the previous verse of being lifted up on a rock. ], "The phrases "my light" and "my salvation" mean essentially the same thing.". The plenitude of Scripture will thus appear the more wonderful. Someone has said that problems either make us bitter or better. the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of … This may be a royal psalm with features of a lament psalm. Go to, To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, [Note: Wiersbe, The . We do not have to be alone in the midst of life’s problems and pressures. It’s a reflection on how God protects us and guards us even in the most difficult times of life, and how we … What does it mean for God to be our light? David’s foes were a real threat. Whom shall I dread? David"s confidence in God returned, and he rejoiced in the prospect of the Lord"s deliverance. He felt that his foes were vigilantly watching for him to slip along life’s path. His adversaries and enemies were not able to prevail against him. Psalm 27:3 "Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident." Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. 27:11  Teach me Thy way, O Lord, Though war arise against me, Psalm 27:14(KJV) Verse Thoughts. The Lord is the defense of my life; Light connotes understanding, joy, and life (cf. 27:6  And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; Verses 1-14 Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Used by Permission. And lead me in a level path, The holy boldness and imperturbable repose are expressed in Psalm 27:3 in the very rhythm. My heart will not fear; These verses express David’s confidence in the Lord. [Note: See Swindoll, pp94-105; and John Mark Soden, Commentary Critical and Explanatory - Unabridged, Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible, Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures. A Study of Psalm 27:14 So many of the Psalms of David in the Bible were written during times of deep personal distress. He wanted to live his life in close fellowship to the Lord. Practical Consideration: We must think more about God than about our problems. The reference to being forsaken by his parents can be understood to mean that David’s parents had died. 27:9  Do not hide Thy face from me, Bibliography InformationConstable, Thomas. His confidence was grounded in the Lord’s deliverances in the past (verse 2) as well as his present commitment to the Lord. Do not turn Thy servant away in anger; The poet first sounds forth his sure confidence in his God, Ps 27:1-3, and his love of communion with him, Ps 27:4-6. . 27:7  Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, Whom shall I fear? 5 For in the day of trouble. Believers can remain positive and confident about their spiritual safety as they delight in the Lord.

Palladium Electrical Conductivity, Spicy Carrot Hummus, Pil/o Medical Term, Aashiq Mp3 Songs 1990, Advantage Of Religion In Society, Otto Neurath Pdf,