With its free Japanese lessons online and now its Makoto+ membership club, we want TJP to be your quality source for learning Japanese.Many, many thanks to all our wonderful Makoto+ members and TheJapanShop.com customers who make TJP possible. The Japanese language - nihongo 日本語 Japanese as an adjective - nihonjin 日本人 I speak Japanese - 日本語を話す He's Japanese - Kare wa nihon-jin desu 彼は日本人です. Imagine that you are in a house and miss someone who you love. I found... For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axaQd. In the manga, he says, "It makes me want to destroy it all, leaving only beautiful memories.". The film will be about a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago who discover they are magically and intermittently swapping bodies. I still remember the first time I watched Your Name. He senses he lost something important he cannot identify, but feels drawn to the town's disaster, in which the inhabitants had survived under Toshiki's order. In China, it became the highest-grossing Japanese film in the world's second-largest movie market on December 17, 2016. You take the country name and add "langauge" or "man" to it to make the word for the country's langueage and race. Japanese names are normally written using kanji characters, not katakana. [62], The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 98% of critics have given the film a positive review based on 112 reviews, with an average rating of 8.22/10. I speak Japanese: (私は)日本語を話せます。 (Watashi wa) nihongo wo hanasemasu. [71], Despite the praise he received, Shinkai insisted that the film is not as good as it could have been: "There are things we could not do, Masashi Ando [Director of animation] wanted to keep working [on] but had to stop us for lack of money ... For me it's incomplete, unbalanced. [16] On December 31, 2014, Shinkai announced that he had been spending his days writing storyboard for this film. [24][25][26] In order to qualify for the Academy Awards, the film was released for one week (December 2–8, 2016) in Los Angeles. "[72], Your Name is a Japanese novel written by Makoto Shinkai. [92] In February 2019, Marc Webb signed on to direct the remake. This dictionary does not contain Japanese names. In old Japan, people believed that supernatural occurrences were possible at twilight. [91] The film is being written by Eric Heisserer, who revealed that the Japanese right holders want it to be made from the western point of view. [37], The film was released in North American theaters on April 7, 2017, distributed by Funimation. Mitsuha (in Taki's body) sets Taki up on a date with his coworker Miki Okudera, while Taki (in Mitsuha's body) causes Mitsuha to become popular at school. to Open in North American Theaters April 7, 2017", "Your Name DVD, Blu-ray Sales Information Released", "Anime Expo 2017: Funimation to Release Your Name on Home Video This Year", "Announced at Otakon 2017! And since she resembles twilight, I thought of looking it up. Despite the evacuation, the meteor crashes to Earth and still destroys Itomori. [38], Your Name was released in 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD on July 26, 2017, in Japan by Toho Pictures. She inexplicably begins to switch bodies intermittently with Taki Tachibana, a high school boy in Tokyo, when they wake up in the morning. The meaning of Tasogare is originally " Who is there?". Not to mention that it has the best music in a anime. If someone says "hakumei" out loud, people don't get it without looking at the spelling. Shinkai's eponymous novel was published a month before the film's premiere. How do you think about the answers? M Pictures released it[29] on November 10 in Thailand, and earned 22,996,714 baht (about US$649,056) in four days. Taki convinces Tessie and Sayaka, two of Mitsuha's friends, to make everyone evacuate the town, by disabling the electrical substation and broadcasting a false emergency alert. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. That is a fine replacement (Ga focuses more on the fact that it is you and not someone else) but it is more natural to say "wa" here. Your Name. Your Name. It was simply an amazing experience that I remember to this day. She is bored living in town and wishes to be a boy in her next life. Taki, Miki, and their friend Tsukasa travel to Gifu Prefecture by train on a trip to Hida, though Taki does not know the name of the town, instead relying on sketches he has made of the surrounding landscape from his memory. Film in Singapore on November 3", "Purple Plan to Open Shinkai's 'your name.' So, answer the entertaining quiz questions contained in this test. [14], In Makoto Shinkai's proposal sent to Toho on September 14, 2014, the film was originally titled Yume to Shiriseba (夢と知りせば, If I Knew It Was a Dream), derived from a passage in a waka, or "Japanese poem", attributed to Ono no Komachi. Still have questions? Your Name tells the story of a high school boy in Tokyo and a high school girl in a rural town, who suddenly and inexplicably begin to swap bodies. [88] By September 2016, the novel had sold around 1,029,000 copies. They both initially believe these experiences to be vivid dreams, but eventually realize they can communicate with each other, by recording messages on paper, phones and sometimes on each other's skin. The film premiered at the 2016 Anime Expo convention in Los Angeles, California on July 3, 2016, and later was released theatrically in Japan on August 26, 2016. Taki wakes up in his own time, remembering nothing. [39] FUNimation announced on July 1 at Anime Expo 2017 that the film would be released on Blu-ray and DVD by the end of 2017 but did not specify a date. Tops S. Korean Box Office With US$8.1 Million", "Japan body-swap fantasy is China cinema hit", "Kermode Uncut - My Top Ten Films of 2015: Part One", "Review: 'Your Name' Takes Adolescent Identity Crises to Extremes", "The Mike Toole Show The Other 100 Best Anime Movies of All Time, Part 4", "Please don't see my animated blockbuster, says Japan's 'new Miyazaki,' Makoto Shinkai", "Sitges Film Festival - The unclassifiable 'Swiss Army Man' wins Sitges 2016", "Official Competition - BFI London Film Festival 2016", "42nd Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards 2016 Winners", "Women Film Critics Circle Nominations: "Hidden Figures," "13th," & More", "20th Japan Media Arts Festival - Announcement of Award-winning Works Selected from 4,034 Entries! The release was offered in Regular, Special, and Collector's editions. [25] It topped the box office in Japan for a record-breaking 12 non-consecutive weekends. [64], Mark Schilling of The Japan Times gave the film a rating of 4 out of 5 and praised the film's animation for its "blend of gorgeous, realistic detail and emotionally grounded fantasy". The Battle of the Warring States, Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa, Japan Media Arts Award for Animation of the Year, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Your_Name&oldid=990916108, Pages with non-numeric formatnum arguments, Articles containing Japanese-language text, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using multiple image with manual scaled images, Articles with Japanese-language sources (ja), Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 18th Bucheon International Animation Festival, Best Animated Feature Special Distinction Prize, Outstanding Achievement, Directing in an Animated Feature Production, This page was last edited on 27 November 2020, at 06:48. Your Name explores this notion of a divinity or sacred essence through the main characters (Taki and Mitsuha) being affected and (to some degree) possessed by a kami figure, catalysing supernatural or spiritual events to occur. Film in Malaysia on December 8", "เมื่อความเหงาเข้าครองญี่ปุ่น Your Name อเมชั่น ที่สร้างปรากฎการณ์ ถล่มรายได้ 1 หมื่นล้านเยน!!! "who is calling"? Essentially, given a list of English/Japanese name pairs, the system learns a series of substitution rules to apply to the English input in order to get the Japanese output. These supernatural events include transcending time, body possession and the kami Musubi.This is vastly different to the monotheistic faiths which I am exposed …

Moroccanoil Reviews Curly Hair, Audix Fp5 Review, Hourglass Foundation Brush, Birria Tacos With Cheese, Black Walnut Slabs For Sale Near Me,