He is thriving and happy but not all is normal for him. We have had the craziness of three children for an entire year. The girls have never had this and I know I’ll be upset and worried on the day. It is most common in the first few weeks of a baby’s life. We saw the paediatrician who immediately confirmed the little man would need surgery and a surgical referral. Yes I’d be happy for any tips. I have never been so relieved to get rid of something in my life. My girls never had this issue so it was all new for us. It was probably best waiting for his appointment. He was not concerned otherwise, as he was thriving and happy. I’m not going to lie his belly button drives us all mad. It’s like he knows he shouldn’t be touching it; so scratches it and of course it bleeds. I hope the scan and operation go well. My baby will be being put to sleep and the thought is horrible. Poor little things. It can smell and basically not too pleasant. From our experience now, don’t settle for waiting. It was interesting, as were told if we had been referred when he was a lot smaller, he wouldn’t have needed anaesthetic for the granuloma removal. 2 0 obj I’ve never heard of this before. I can tell my husband is worrying a little about the little man having an operation and going under a general anaesthetic. It looks unsightly. But it isn’t happening yet and there is no point getting worried, so I won’t. As he is complete wriggler, it was tricky to get a photograph. I know there is nothing you can do but wait but can get annoying when we knew my little man was coming close to hitting one year old! <> Everything has been put on hold with Covid-19 and even when surgery starts..we are going to have top self isolate for 2 weeks as a family and he needs 3 neg tests!! %���� I’m a dietitian by day and blogger by night. We have had to wait a full year to be seen. An umbilical granuloma is a growth of tissue that forms in the belly button during the weeks after the umbilical cord is cut. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. They frequently occur in newborns and rarely form … I can’t wait for my little man to have a belly button that doesn’t leak. We knew there was no point paying for a private consultation, as surgery may not be an option. It usually looks like a soft pink or red lump and often is wet or leaks small amounts of clear or yellow fluid. It looks so painful so I’m so glad it’s not. Poor little man. You can find out more about an Umbilical Granuloma here but basically is an overgrowth of tissue during the healing process of the belly button (umbilicus). When it bleeds, it bleeds everywhere. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 594.96 842.04] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> I’m curious to know if your son has had his surgery yet. It is horrible seeing your kids go for an op, no matter how minor and I hope you get a date soon. 5. He’s had a scan but now because of Covid-19 all been delayed. He’s now 15 months old!! Same for my little boy! If so, I would love to discuss the aftercare with you a little bit if you don’t mind. We had a hospital appointment with a paediatrician before Christmas. 4. Giveaway and Competition Terms and Conditions, Gender Disappointment In Dads – My Husband’s …, Signs Labour Is Starting – 8 Ways I Just …. My husband took the little man over to our local hospital for his appointment with the paediatric surgeon. The daft thing was in the meantime I did what every daft person does. He would however, need a scan to ensure there was nothing untoward going on under the surface of the umbilical granuloma and then he would need the op. An umbilical granuloma is a common abnormality that looks like a red, moist lump of tissue on the navel. It’s hard to believe my little man has just turned one. �E��G���Y�媬�xˬ�fkؔB���F:��`�V醡�F��~ w��U�^����� ��%p~�[X'�L�%L5A����=�(����|�K[d\6�;��]��'�i�\JPܴ͹��hjx�b�Ty��4�}m���A25M����AT� ����Y;l.C*ٽZ��-)�R�Y){�t�JP��c}�0MA�A�)�)�C���I�� v�N�TBy�Uͱv�� The plasters we have been given rub and come off. It bleeds and can smell. It usually looks like a soft pink or red lump and often is wet or leaks small amounts of clear or yellow fluid. His belly button has still not healed. At 6 months, we knew the little man was going to need surgery at some point but the wait has been huge. It is important not to use too much salt because it will damage the normal skin around the umbilicus. Oh poor little man, I have not heard of this before but glad to hear its not painful. We didn’t think it was urine and tried not to worry. Your pediatrician may recommend any of the following like application of silver nitrate, common salt, topical antibiotics, topical steroids, excision, cryotherapy, electrocautery 1 . I’ll be so glad too. 1 0 obj "����D�P����`xZ&j��qHZ�UB��ؖ��_~2"[(őP�p%�� Can’t rteturn them just yet, as still waiting!! He was happy the little man was thriving well and explained it would be a simple operation. I have written about this in the past and hoped by now we wouldn’t have any issue anymore. umbilical granuloma. But this isn’t this case. For us, we will now wait for the scan and hope the operation comes soon after. I was seriously deprived of cute little baby belly buttons and outfits. This year feels like it has gone very slowly and quickly, all at the same time! endobj After one awful renal scan and a lot of anticipation, she had the surgery 11 days after she turned a year old. Clean the site using a clean gauze swab soaked in warm water. 4 0 obj Starts to do a bit of googling. I didn’t expect the little man’s umbilical granuloma to not have been sorted yet. We don’t know when it will be yet and I do feel for this, I will worry about it more when the time comes. Come and join me as I document my family life, fitness tips and scrapbooking! We had his birthday last week and it’s a blur. Luckily it doesn’t really affect him at all. Repeat the procedure twice a … His belly button weeps and this goes all over his clothes and usually goes through a few layers. ... You can find out more about an Umbilical Granuloma here but basically is an overgrowth of tissue during the healing process of the belly button (umbilicus). %PDF-1.5 I started to worry a little, as there was talk of an umbilical granuloma leaking urine. x�͗KO�@����W�zg�+!�^��ĨԃKM �6����Κ qv��>$��z�����Ń�Ho�g��:N�_����,�Hg�EZ��EC�Y�-[�����~v;��p9gp�^1o�)���e��|� �n� �v�c��v;HK9 xz[(p�3� ��E'S��f�[=�t;�=��@��9��>u;�_g�T4̔�%������`�Y${i�W��"����/zp��2�����=�az�n��� Push for a referral to paediatrics quickly! <> I think we will be waiting a while longer, as I can’t do that to my kids at school. Hope your lad ok x. Hi I’m Sarah and welcome to my blog. Oh bless him! The bathroom can quite often look like a massacre. She was only about 6 months old when they decided that and we’d have to make sure it wasn’t connected to anything inside and also wait until she was a year old to have the surgery. <>>> I am passionate about my gorgeous family, fitness and health and love to write! Oh how interesting! Cover the area with a clean piece of gauze and secure it in place for 30 minutes.

Sohl Furniture Chair, Problems After Ear Syringing, Yeshiva University World Ranking, Sausage Casserole With Cream Cheese, Bnsf Logistics Headquarters, Small Evergreen Trees,