“Frozen pizza can be a convenient and healthy meal option for days when you don’t have time to cook, especially when it’s topped with veggies, which boost the nutrient content of the meal, rather than processed meats, which tend to be higher in sodium and saturated fat,” said Malina Malkani, a New York City-based registered dietitian nutritionist, spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and creator of the Wholitarian Lifestyle. The mozzarella cheese is pretty satisfying, and of course, a part of every bite. Recipes and more delivered to your inbox! “When selecting the healthiest frozen pizza, it was essential to consider taste alongside the nutritional facts,” she said. Coughlin said this pizza has a crust made from chicken and Parmesan cheese and is a good low-carb, high-protein option. It has 290 calories per serving, which is one-sixth of a pizza, or 1,740 calories for the whole pie (which, let’s be honest, is closer to what your average person eats when they’re in the mood for frozen pizza), and 10 grams of fat, 38 grams of carbohydrates and 670 milligrams of sodium per serving. California Pizza Kitchen Five Cheese and Tomato. The thin whole-grain crust has a rich flavor and crisps nicely. Whole Food’s frozen pizza sauce is as tasty as their fresh in store sauce, (which I highly recommend.) Yes, my slender figure may not make me as qualified to do a food review as some of my colleagues, but as someone who eats pizza almost every other day I have a great eye for good pizza. 3. “When you keep in mind that the American Heart Association recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium a day, and an ideal limit for most adults is 1,500 milligrams per day or less, this pizza makes it easier than most to keep your daily sodium intake in check,” she said. The “different take on crust” gives it 4 grams of carbs and 25 grams of protein, but zero grams of fiber, she said. Even though this pizza is a little higher in total fat, saturated fat and sodium than her other choices, the portion size is a little larger and it’s “still a much healthier choice in comparison to some of the other options out there,” Stewart said. “Next time, I will be adding bell peppers and onions for added flavor and fiber,” she said. But, the abundant veggie toppings means one-third of the pizza has 5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein. 5. , a New York City-based registered dietitian nutritionist, spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and creator of the Wholitarian Lifestyle. Coughlin ranked this pizza as the best traditional option: “The taste was delicious; even my youngest daughter enjoyed it, and that is saying a lot.”. Just a girl with an iPhone & a never ending appetite for pizza— bagel bites, 00 flour, and everything in between. The best recipes, kitchen tips and genius food facts. But as one of the most popular brands, DiGiornio’s Four Cheese Pizza also often ranks as one of the least healthy. Whole Foods Pizza Review. , and an ideal limit for most adults is 1,500 milligrams per day or less, this pizza makes it easier than most to keep your daily sodium intake in check,” she said. “Of course, the taste was the top deciding factor, followed by total calories, fiber and protein.”. She praised its short list of ingredients, no artificial flavors, 2 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein. While the sauce is a tad sweeter… This is a good option for anyone working on portion control, she said, since the whole pizza equals one serving, and it contains a good balance of protein, fat and fiber, which will keep someone feeling satisfied longer. This is an in-store only deal for carryout. (Whole Foods’ frozen pizzas are so good, our former Food Director, Hali Bey Ramdene, swore they had the best thin-crust frozen pizza in the game.) DiGiorno Original Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza. For the next two weeks though, you’d be wise to go with the latter option and stock your freezer to max capacity with the frozen stuff. “That being said, all foods can fit into a healthy lifestyle depending on how often and how much they are eaten,” and moderation is the key, she said. ©2020 Verizon Media. Verified Purchase. 6,564 Views 27 Comments. “Some might say I can’t be a dietitian anymore for recommending this, but it’s honestly the best choice if Red Baron happens to be the only pizza staring back at you in the frozen pizza section,” Stewart said. The margherita shines with good basil, mozzarella packing a proper dairy punch, and floral tomatoes. The crust was undercooked and doughy, while the cheese was darkened to the point of almost being burned. Deal Alerts. “For a thick crust pizza, it’s not dense … Sounds like a great excuse to have pizza for dinner on Fridays! “I absolutely love pizza, and, yes, even as a dietitian, I’m not afraid to say that,” said Samantha Stewart, a Little Rock, Arkansas-based registered dietitian nutritionist, who works with heart patients, often taking them on grocery store trips to educate them on reading nutrition labels. Prime members can get 50 percent all frozen pizzas right now. The toppings of zucchini, onions, and red, yellow and green peppers were big flavor enhancements, Coughlin said, explaining that this frozen pizza is a solid grain-free option for those wanting to limit flour intake or with a gluten intolerance.

Lar Gibbon Range, Prunus Puddum Tree, Cuba Libre Recipe Original, Lesser Redpoll Breeding, French Peach Cake, Disable Caps Lock Windows 10, World Golf Village Golf, Porter Cable 362v, Laneige Water Sleeping Mask How To Use,