If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I know that you make an important decision and it can leave your PC loose all of the data but you can create a backup. The default setup in Windows 10 is to show the Start menu instead of the Start screen. On the “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” dialog box, click the “Start Menu” tab. If, however, Tablet Mode is enabled on the Windows 10 operating system, it might cause issues with missing desktop/icons - disabling Tablet Mode might fix this problem. I'll state now that my laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 and I have not had any problems with it until today. To show the Start screen instead of the Start menu, right-click the Taskbar and select “Properties” from the popup menu. The solution extracted from Forums and Visual experience. However, when we look at on what Windows has … By default, the Start button brings up the Start menu with application tiles added, as shown below. We understand that some of the parts are slightly complicated and you have to cope with the entire process and if the something goes wrong then repeat the whole process again. To relieve you from this trouble, we will help you to return to normal desktop on Windows 10 by fixing the full-screen Start Menu stuck issue. The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support How-To Geek. Windows 8 has made its path, where removal of start button has encountered. To go back to having the Start menu display by default, simply turn the “Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen” option back on (there should be a check mark in the box). The Microsoft has listened to the users and added both options to the Windows 10. If nothing works then this should be your alternative choice to Re-install a new version of the OS. My Computer. She's been a senior technical writer, worked as a programmer, and has even run her own multi-location business. However, when we look at on what Windows has achieved then things get smaller. ... Easy Fix - Windows 10 No Desktop Only Start Menu - Not Showing Desktop Windows 10 - … Windows 10 New 11 Jan 2016 #2. xraychick01 said: My computer has a mind of its own apparently. Remember, the following steps must be followed as we have explained in the Images & Text.We hope that it will prove to be your final step towards the issue. Step 3: Right-click Windows Explorer and select Restart. Note: Few codes will run through, and you have been patient here. By default, the desktop still displays when you log in. I can no longer view my regular desktop. Step 3: Select “Run New Task“. However, among those users, there are unlucky people among you, who are facing errors in their current version i.e Win 10, which is annoying. Step 5: A small window will pop-up and you have to type “Powershell and hit Okay“. Team Vitality Stun Natus Vincere To Win IEM Beijing Online – What We Learned, Fix Please Install Skype From The Microsoft Store For The Best Experience, CompTIA Security+ Certification: Learn Everything About Its Prerequisite Exam and Practice Test as the Best Prep Resource, Fix Google Chrome Waiting For Available Socket-Error | Working Solution Tutorial, Necessary Information on Contact Forms and Tools, Best Top 10 Google Chrome Download Accelerator For Windows 10 Laptop Surface PC, Mac OS Macbook Air Pro, Our Favorite Tools For Running An eCommerce Business, Enhancing eCommerce Delivery: Its Future in 2020, How to Install Google Chrome Extensions on New Microsoft Edge 2020 Version And Above, Krypton Browser Anonymous One For High Degree Of Security, Best Top Free Windows 10 Product Key Finder Software 2020 For Laptop Desktop PC. Windows has numerous features, and the majority of the users are happy with the results. There are various other options available to customize the Start screen on the “Navigation” tab. Step 8: Now you can close the app and you can open CMD, just like we have opened the “Powershell“, all you have to do is type “CMD and hit Okay”. It is only 2-3 months old and has no viruses or software malfunctions. If you still need to save some work, click “Cancel,” do what you need to do, and then log out and log back in. In fact, the option to have a desktop doesn't even exist anymore! Step 4: It will open a “Powershell” CMD Prompt Window on your screen. Windows 10 Start Menu Not Showing | Simple And Easy Solution April 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 techwibe Windows 10 is the latest release from the Microsoft, and we have seen people who have been working on providing new software’s and giving us the best that makes our new OS build better. If your Windows 10 Start menu will not open, then there are steps you can take to correct it. Click “OK” to save the setting and close the dialog box. However, you can easily choose to use the Start screen instead of the Start menu. I do not like this. Lori Kaufman is a technology expert with 25 years of experience. Like we have said that there are too many loose ends in the problem and finding the exact spot is tough. What Industries Benefit Most From Cybersecurity? Step 1: Right-click the taskbar and click Task Manager to restart Windows Explorer. The default setup in Windows 10 is to show the Start menu instead of the Start screen. If you are ready, click “Sign out and change settings.”. Not these stupid tiles! Step 2: Go to the Processes tab and scroll down the tab to find Windows Explorer. When you enable the Start screen, additional Navigation options become available in the “Start screen” section of the “Navigation” tab. However, you can easily choose to use the Start screen instead of the Start menu. Windows 10 will actively notify you of Tablet Mode only if you have a device with touch. How to Re-enable the Start Screen Instead of the Start Menu in Windows 10, How to Check if Your Android Smartphone Has RCS, How to Find Which Apps Are Accessing a Permission on Android, How to Customize the Safari Start Page on Mac, How to Choose Which Extensions Appear on Your Edge Toolbar, How to Trade Pokémon in ‘Pokémon Sword and Shield’, © 2020 LifeSavvy Media. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

Frozen Meatballs In Crockpot With Barbecue Sauce, Augustana College Tuition, Weight Loss Diet Chart In Tamil Language, Refrigerator Defrost Heater Price, My Tagged Account Has Been Phished, Mechanical Pencil Lead, Kotlin Example Hello World,