Fantastic! In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. I used 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup milk used a garden style spaghetti sauce (with mushrooms and green peppers) and 1 1/2 tsp of oregano parsely and basil. THANKS Chris and Carolyn! I re-made it last week and with the changes I made changed my rating to 5 stars. They were overwhelming! Instead of fresh mushrooms I used canned used penne pasta in place of fettucine and plain evaporated milk for the cream. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. We're garlic lovers in our family so I added one more clove I also added 1/2 a chopped green pepper. Add ham and continue cooking until lightly colored (1-2 minutes). Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al … Raise heat to medium high and add mushrooms. Remove with a slotted spoon and … Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. ¾ teaspoon salt, divided. I look forward to making this again. I also put diced tomatoes on top of the sauce after everything was dished up. Ingredients 200g Bord Bia Quality Assured streaky bacon, chopped or leftover cooked ham, chopped 2 tablesp. It is fabulous. I just finished making this dish and wow it was great. Amount is based on available nutrient data. ½ cup chopped ham 1 cup shredded Cheddar ½ cup packed chopped fresh basil Next time the recipe will be doubled and in addition to the ham I will add some cooked cubed chicken some shrimp and perhaps even some sun-dried tomatoes. Method. I used leftover ham instead of deli slices and kind of julienned it but smaller and the pieces was too big. This is a hearty sauce and a great way to use leftover ham. 11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Add onion, garlic, mushroom and bay leaves, and cook for 2 minutes. The quantity of spices is too much! 12 ounces presliced cremini mushrooms. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended. Just these modifications alone will cut your calories almost in half. We had company when I made this and they and I thought it was good but too spicy. I cut back on the butter and used 3/4 cup 10% cream and 3/4 cup milk to cut back the fat content of the recipe. 200 g ham, thinly sliced. 2 cloves of garlic, minced. Ingredients Salt and pepper 12 ounces rotini 3 tablespoons olive oil ¼ cup chopped yellow onion (about 1/2 small onion) ½ cup sliced white mushrooms (about 4 oz.) The only change I made was to substitute 1/2 cup lite sour cream and 1/2 cup half and half for the 1 1/2 heavy cream. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Fettuccini with Mushroom, Ham and Rose Sauce, Congrats! Overall great dish. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Slowly stir in the spaghetti sauce and crushed red pepper blending it into the cream. To make the cheese sauce, add a good size dollop of butter to a saucepan and let it melt over medium heat. Cook the fettuccine in a large pot according to package directions. Then I use 2 cups of Pasta sauce, 1 cup half-n half and 1 cup skim milk. Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms and ham. I also spinkled mozerella cheese over each bowl. Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Ingredients. YUMMY! In my non-stick sauce pot, I saute the ham (2 cups diced)first to render a lot of the fat then I drain off most of the fat and saute the onions and garlic. 2 garlic cloves, minced. I used fresh parsley so keep the measure the same. 1/2 cup dry white wine. My husband loved it! Next time and there will be a next time I'll use just 1/4 ts. Saute the garlic, mushrooms and thyme in butter until the mushrooms are cooked. I was trying to use up what I had on hand so I had a few substitutions. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Next time I want to experiment and add shrimp or scallops! My company thought it tasted just like a dish served at a local Italian restaurant here in town. Fairly easy to make a little longer prep and cooking time than what is listed. of crushed red pepper instead of a whole one. Add mushroom sauce to the hot fettuccine in the pan. Prep: 20 min › Cook: 20 min › Ready in: 40 min Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Place fettuccini on plates and ladle even portions of sauce over top. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; Step 2 Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer. My husband had a funny look when he saw what I was making for dinner but after trying it he wants it again! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. 200 g mushrooms, thinly sliced. Excellent recipe!! This was wonderful! Thick, creamy, and oooh so heavenly. We loved this! Remove from heat, let cool then fold in the cubed mozzarella and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Drain and toss with a dash of olive oil to stop it sticking together. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. The flavors are so unique together. Drain fettuccine; stir into the mushroom mixture. ½ cup chopped onion. It was SO good! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. It's also a great way to use up leftover ham. —Michelle Armistead of Keyport, New Jersey, Ham Mushroom Fettuccine Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine and ham and cook for a further 6 minutes or until vegetables soften. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced by a third and is thick. Gradually add milk. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I also used fresh basil and parsley which I had on hand. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Notes and tips. Drain, reserving a little bit of the water, and return to pan. I will definitely be making this again just with less crushed red pepper. Simmer over low heat. I think next time I might add a little parmesan or mozzerella cheese to it just before taking the sauce off the stove. Directions Step 1 Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I am revising my original rating of this recipe. 3/4 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions (12 ounces) Stir in ham and cook 1 … In a medium frying pan over medium heat add the olive oil, mushrooms, oregano, parsley, salt and water, cook until tender and liquid has evaporated, add chopped ham and continue cooking for approximately 2 minutes. Cook 2 minutes longer. Wonderful!! Directions. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Not your everyday pasta dish! Nice blend of flavors and a good way to use up leftover ham. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. He's even going to take the recipe to work at the firestation for the guys to try! ¼ cup white wine. Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and allow to cook for about one minute. Some of my guests have found it too spicy but that's how my family loves it. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. While... Now drain the pasta and place in a greased baking dish. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme. Add ham; heat through. Add the ham pieces and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. 2. This is the first ham recipe that I've found that doesn't taste like an excuse to use up leftovers. The sour cream adds a little zip and the combo is healthier. 478 calories; protein 11.9g 24% DV; carbohydrates 53.2g 17% DV; fat 24.8g 38% DV; cholesterol 77mg 26% DV; sodium 191.6mg 8% DV. The ham and mushrooms really need to diced or they don't work well with the pasta. Add the cream and the rest of the butter.

Sandra Big Fish, Hunter Furniture Foley, Al, Kale Chickpea Salad, Ielts Writing Task 1 Sample Answer Pdf, Bb Lydian Dominant Scale, A Minor Major 7, Denon Avr-s540bt Vs Yamaha Rx-v385, Recombinant Dna Cloning, Healthy Fresh Cranberry Recipes, Good Appetizers For Vegans,