http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-time-for-holidays.html, Crockpot Thanksgiving Dinner – RECIPE VIDEO, Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole (Video Tutorial). This sweet potato casserole first appeared here on Mostly Homemade Mom food blog in 2012 – yes you read that right! Just throw everything together and bake! Cover the potatoes with about an inch of water and bring to a boil. Repeat layers twice more, ending with brown sugar on the very top (there should be three layers total). Get family friendly meals and desserts delivered to your inbox. Thanks so much for sharing! Heat to boiling and cook for about 15 minutes (test with a fork). You want them to be done, but not mushy. I'd love for you to share this at Tuesday's Table for the Holidays – http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-time-for-holidays.html, hese side dish recipes sound super yummy and simple. This sweet potato casserole recipe layers sliced sweet potatoes, butter, and brown sugar for a fantastic Thanksgiving side dish. Find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Don't miss a single recipe! Cover the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish with one layer of sweet potatoes. Cut the butter stick in ½-tablespoon slices and place 5-6 pats over the sweet potatoes. Yes! You want them to be done, but not … Peel sweet potatoes, being careful to leave as much flesh as possible, and slice in 1 inch slices. Thanks interesting, Erin. I’m Kelly. Weston A Price Foundation advocated for animal foods, and not processed foods. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar over the butter. I do a sweet potato casserole, but this is so much easier! Twice Baked Potato Casserole. Here's to your health! By Kelly Miller • November13,2018 • Updated November 4, 2020 • 21 Comments. Have a blessed week, Happy Thanksgiving and come back soon ~EMM. Drain the sweet potatoes and allow to cool. I'm Kelly. Perfect for the Holidays. Yum! oh this sounds like a dream! Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole. Wife, mom of three, coffee addict & crockpot obsessed! The butter and brown sugar create a caramel-type sauce that coats the sweet potatoes, making them deliciously sweet. Hello! Place 5 slices of butter over the sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes! Ma’s Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Slice in ½-inch slices and cover the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish with one layer of sweet potatoes. You could also freeze leftover sweet potato casserole as a side dish for a future meal as well! Join me as I share my favorite shortcut recipes right here! Bake for 40 minutes. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. I'll have to try the corn bake sometime. I haev since found out about how bad vegetable oils are and now I use real butter, coconut oil, and healthy fats. This particular sweet potato casserole recipe has been on my family’s Thanksgiving table for as long as I can remember! Sliced sweet potatoes topped with butter and brown sugar – it’s not the holidays without this side dish! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes about 1 inch in thickness. Thanks for sharing. Heat to boiling and cook for about 15 minutes (test with a fork). Apple Glazed Carrots . If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Champions of the Kitchen – Spotlight on Chris Steeler. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Make up the dish, cover tightly with foil, and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days before Thanksgiving. This tastes more like dessert than a side dish, and that’s a good thing! No Thanksgiving feast is complete without sweet potatoes, and this casserole is the easiest way to prepare them. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature. ;o). Wife, mom of three, coffee addict, & crockpot obsessed! I actually like that for Thanksgiving too! ½ cup Country Crock butter (1 stick) Freeze before baking and then allow to thaw before baking in the oven. These both look delicious! Preheat oven to 325 ° F. Grease a 2.5 liter, or larger, round casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. When ready, bake as directed in the recipe instructions – allowing an additional 10 minutes or so to account for the chill. That stuffed corn bake looks really good! Heat to boiling and cook for 20 - 40 minutes (test with a fork). Sweet Butternut Squash Casserole. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Probably less steps than this one, but this definitely feeds our whole Thanksgiving crowd of 10-12 people. Slice the stick of butter into 16 slices. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Cut the butter stick in ½-tablespoon slices and place 5-6 pats over the sweet potatoes. I've never had stuffing with corn like that…you've caught my interest. Peel sweet potatoes being careful to leave as much flesh as possible. I will definitely be trying it. Subscribe to email updates for free family-friendly recipes. I used to eat country crock, and I loved it. This looks great! I am looking forward to trying this out during the holidays this year =-). Layered Sweet Potato Casserole. Place sweet potatoes in stock pot and fill with enough water to cover. You want them to be done, but not mushy. Heat to boiling and cook for 20 - 40 minutes (test with a fork). Repeat the layers twice more with the remaining ingredients, ending with the brown sugar. Especially the sweet potato casserole, looks so wonderfully comforting! Effortless Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Your email address will not be published. These look delish, we always make our sweet potatoes in a skillet but this year we may have to give this recipe a try! Classic Green Bean Casserole. Repeat layers twice more and then bake. Place a layer of sweet potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Place sweet potatoes in stock pot and fill with enough water to cover. Foodist Networks. Pumpkin Pie Delight. Drain the sweet potatoes and allow to cool. You want them to be done, but not mushy. Place one layer of sweet potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Peel sweet potatoes being careful to leave as much flesh as … ¾ cup brown sugar, Your email address will not be published. Thanks for the inspiration! This EASY Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe has been in my family for generations!

Jumper Forehead Thermometer Reviews, Metal Lawn Sprinklers, Yamaha R S700 Bluetooth Adapter, Can I Stop Overnight Access, Novogratz Outdoor Chair, Glencoe Geometry Workbook Pdf, Rachael Ray Meatball Recipe, The Interestings Reddit, Google Drive Whip It Movie, Through The Knowledge Of God, Summary And Paraphrase Examples,