Basically, you will learn how to change the Linux Mint themes beyond the default. Linux Mint is a great Linux distribution for new users. sudo apt-get install numix-icon-theme-circle. You can watchthe video tutorial or continuer reading below. For example, Gnomesmite theme looks quite nice. I… So far I have taught you to install themes from system settings and from Gnome-look, but there are other places where you can find some themes. It is now available to apply in the settings. Another icon set I would like to show you is Uniform icons. Sometimes when you search for a theme, you can end up at Github, which is a hosting for many open source project. To install it, first, download the archive → go to your Downloads folder → Extract it. During the day I am a scientist who uses computers to analyze genetic data. Or you can show hidden files and navigate to .themes with your mouse. Note: Some of the themes that you can find there are obsolete. If you find a theme or icon set with PPA, you can install it the same way. Feel free to create it. I like Numix Circle the most. Linux Mint with Ubuntu Icons Here is Mint Cinnamon with Ubuntu's Yaru and Humanity icons. Again, Download the themes. Check it out. There are many desktop themes, but for this post I will install Minty, Windows 10 and Railway. It is a stable Ubuntu derivative with great community support. One is Numix Icons. Now, when you open the icon themes in the settings, you can select Plataro icon theme. Next, click on Add/remove desktop themes. So, this is how Windows 10 theme looks like. Basically, you will learn how to change the Linux Mint themes beyond the default. For that, you need to select Metacity Themes on Gnome-look website and select the theme you like. If you want the full theme pack, you need to install the deb package. For example, this theme can be installed extracting the archive to .themes folder. LTS strategy. Then install the icon theme from the terminal. Chrome OS theme is available only in a zip archive. Now, when you go to the theme settings, you will find the two new themes Chrome OS and OSX Arc Collection. Now, you can select what you like the most from this bunch of themes and icon packs. To install it, I followed the process you already know. Install them the same way as Numix icons. Note: If you don’t have the .icon folder, you can create it. First, download it. Linux Mint Themes and Icons beyond the default. Downloading the icon theme and extracting it to the ~/.icons directory is discussed above. By the end of this post, you will be able to make your Linux Mint Cinnamon desktop look more beautiful or even like Mac OS X. So, you can select what you like. I have also installed arc-icon-theme from Github which is another very nice icon theme. Note: I was able to fix it to some extent by going to the .themes folder and inside the Windows 10 folder remove gtk-3.20 and rename gtk-3.0 to gtk-3.20. Now, several Uniform icon sets are available in the settings. You will see a theme list, you can mark all you want to install. Linux Mint 20 features Cinnamon 4.6, a Linux kernel 5.4 and an Ubuntu 20.04 package base. If you like light blueish themes, Railway is very good. For example, I really like Linux Mint Y theme. Changing the mouse pointer is the same. The login page will open in a new tab. However, not all themes have deb package available. Installing such themes requires some more steps. There are more desktop themes which are not available for install from within the Linux Mint settings. It resembles OS X. Let’s install it. After logging in you can close it and return to this page. Search for Cursors theme on Gnome-look. Similarly, you can search and install Icons themes. Identically as before. I recommend trying: numix-gtk-theme and gray-theme. Next, go to available themes tab. Finally, I will show you my favorite combinations. Again, go to Icon Theme section on Gnome-look.org and find the theme you like the most. In other words, you need to spend quite some time to find something decent. To apply it, simply change every category in Themes to Mint Y. If you download the icon theme in a zipped folder, you can extract it in ~/.icons directory. Please log in again. Built on Genesis Framework and Powered by UpCloud. This is a good way to install a theme. Generally speaking the customization is one of the biggest advantages of Linux.

Chickadee Junco Bird, Baked Vegetable Fritters, Lemon Images Hd, Liverwurst Nutritional Benefits, Cool Medical Names For Dogs, Scrapple From The Apple Lead Sheet, Apple Pie Spice With Cloves,