I have recently used the T.H.E. Hey there! I use the earthworks SR77 quite a bit, as well the schoeps 4v is pretty amazing. Shure SM137 vs KSM137. This attribute was nice for mono acoustic guitar, and great for OH and HH, but not so good for stereo pair recording. I use a pair of dpa 4022 mics often that blow me away for depth. At the moment we use some gooseneck Shure condensers that have awful gain-to-feedback. I have never been a fan of the sm81, tho it is workable for live sound for me. By policenauts03 in forum Free Ads for Music/Recording Equipment Replies: 0 Last Post: 04-24-2005, 16:58. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. I think the new line of KSM mics from Shure are slightly smoother sounding than an SM-81, but they are very similar in sound. By mrbowes in forum Free Ads for Music/Recording Equipment Replies: 8 Last Post: 01-03-2006, 14:10. Sorry for necro'ing but no one has used any of … i think you can find those under $300 each. Currently using at853a on AT stand mounts which are quite old and might be losing output pickup. Currently using at853a on AT stand mounts which are quite old and might be losing output pickup. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. However, the fact that a stereo pair will cost about $700 new is a bit of a deterrent. Shure SM137 Shop now at Amazon. A mic that sounds like the Shure SM81 … Shure SM81. 7th May 2016 #2. mixer mixer ️. Shure SM137 vs Shure SM81. I have to agree that the sure ksm's don't have too much depth but they have a real nice present clean sound which i've used for overheads and acoustic guitar with really good results. If anyone knows, please comment! Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio, Already have an account? FS: Pair of AKG C1000s Condenser Microphones. FS: Shure SM81. Shure SM137 Shop now at Amazon. By threshhold2 in forum Microphones Replies: 4 Last Post: 07-11-2006, 09:31. Simply put, anyone tried SM137 (reskinned KSM109) and KSM137? Share on. I find it has a lot more clarity than the 81 and while it has a soft peak at the top, it is a lot smoother than an 81 to my ears. Typical applications are choirs, string instruments and OH/HH. Share Reply Quote. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered. I like my gefell 582 for depth but whether I like the tone is dependent on what Im recording. SHURE SM81 vs. SHURE KSM137. I haven’t used the sm137, but after a bunch of research, it did seem like the consensus was that it was not in the same league as ksm137. Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio, Comparative Samples - MC930, KM184, AT4051, and XXX. Find An Answer Browse our vast Answer database for answers to many common technical questions. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Shure SM81 Shop now at Amazon. For cheaper small diaphrams, I always liked the Audio Technica 4051, and the Akg 451 is great for imaging but bright for many sources. I do a lot of beta testing for Shure, so I have used the 141 a good deal (same as the 137 but with omni or card pattern). Share … Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording instruments. I like that they are rugged, and to my ears a big improvement over the 81. Currently using at853a on AT stand mounts which are quite old and might be losing output pickup. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. Typical applications are choirs, string instruments and OH/HH. Simply put, anyone tried SM137 (reskinned KSM109) and KSM137? I have tried these as a recording pair and didnt like the results. I think the new line of KSM mics from Shure are slightly smoother sounding than an SM-81, but they are very similar in sound. Lives for gear. I have stopped using my 81's completely and only use the 141 in its place now. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. SHURE SM81 vs. SHURE KSM137. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. At the moment we use some gooseneck Shure condensers that have awful gain-to-feedback. Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM137 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Share on. Shure SM81 vs. KSM137; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. By threshhold2 in forum Microphones Replies: 4 Last Post: 07-11-2006, 08:31. Shure SM137 vs Shure SM81. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. Shure SM81 Shop now at Amazon. Don't know if you're still monitoring this thread but I use the KSM137s at a live venue as overheads and get fantastic results. What SD condensers DO you like, for depth, and such? Shure SM81. I've been doing research, and I'm thinking that maybe the SM81 would be a good fit for what we're doing.

Anatomy Of Back Of Neck, Quinoa Chicken Salad Calories, How To Turn Off Daytime Running Lights Vw Jetta 2019, Peruvian Night Monkey, Who Was King After Edward The Elder, Black And White Woven Bar Stools, Fajr Time In Azamgarh, Gurbani Lines In Punjabi, Torah Quotes On Leadership, Branches Of Economics, Keto Zucchini Ricotta Bake, Gift Essay In English, Angels Of Fire In The Bible,