For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. no way around it either but I may remove the syrup filled strawberries with fresh. Huge success in my house of 3 kids and a husband. After you make the jello, let the mixture cool before pouring the next layer. Did not top with additional whip cream, and honestly it did not need any extra sugar, so that would have mainly been for plating. How to make strawberry pretzel dessert Preheat oven to 375°F. Don’t rush! Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate at least 1 hour. So delicious...I have made this many, many times. This is a dessert best eaten as fresh as possible, as the pretzels will start to get soft after the first day. I made it in a 9"X13" glass dish. A pretzel-pecan crust, topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, and finished off with a strawberry topping: this is one dessert that has something for everyone! As for the extra jello that wouldn't fit, I just put it in a seperate bowl, and after it was set up, added some whipped cream and had that as an extra dessert!!! In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. This dessert is a long-time favorite for potlucks in western PA, and this is my favorite recipe for it! Allow mixture to sit at room temperature until completely cooled. Hawaiian Bacon & Pineapple Breakfast Bake, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin, 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed, Optional: Additional whipped topping and pretzels. Cut into squares; if desired, serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels. Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a bowl and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Everyone loves this dessert...I will make it for everything!! Keep reading for the full recipe. Second layer a bit longer and def spread to edges, as another reviewer wisely recommended. I typically bake my crust the day before, but wait until about 4 hours before serving to assemble. Looked pretty on a plate. Ive read that people using fresh strawberries add extra sugar to them but I didn't and it doesn't need any...but that's up to you. Let refrigerate for an … Disclosure | Privacy Policy | Contact. Personally I prefer making homemade whipped cream using heavy whipping cream. That takes about 20 minutes or so. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. https://www.simplymaderecipes.com/layered-strawberry-pretzel-salad-dessert-2 I absolutely LOVE this!!! Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Instead of whipped topping, try fresh whipped cream. I folded in the whip cream instead of mixing it all together. This mixture can be spread over the cooled pretzel crust in the casserole dish. This recipe is a family-loved classic that never goes out of style! I want to be fair with this one as some people may like it so here goes..I made this in a glass pyrex 9 x 13 dish. Everyone loves it! You need something stable to mix into the cream cheese and keep that layer together. The contrast of the crunchy and salty crust, with the creamy cream cheese filling, and the bright and tart strawberry jello topping hits every flavor and texture note! The second layer of a strawberry pretzel dessert consists of equal parts whipped topping and cream cheese sweetened with a cup of sugar. The dessert needs time to set. This recipe is really best made a day ahead! In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. For the most part, I followed the receipe but I changed a couple things. Spread over pretzel crust. baking dish. This is definitely a 5 star winner!! Love........ Love this!! IF you follow the directions, everything should fit nicely. Cool baked crust completely. I did NOT add any extra sugar. Jello layer chilled for a few hours. Then, I poured the jello topping on top and put back in the fridge and it turned out perfect. Don’t try cutting it early or you will have a mess and will not get the pretty squares. I really like the filling so I doubled the cream cheese. 3 ingredient Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe. Pin it NOW to save it for later! Your email address will not be published. I bought all of the ingredients as written, but did end up with 2 1/2 cups of coarsely crushed pretzels as I did not want to toss them. I love this because it makes it even easier if you are taking it to an event. It still worked fine and amply covered the bottom of the dish. Beat cream cheese, 1 C sugar, and Cool Whip together and spread on top of pretzel crust. Add strawberries; chill until slightly set. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. The cream cheese and sugar should be combined first in a large mixing bowl, followed by a folding of the whipped topping. Strawberry pretzel salad involves three distinct layers: a pretzel crust, a cream cheese filling, and a strawberry jello topping. And most importantly, let your jello mix cool before adding it to the top, otherwise it will disturb the cream cheese mix and you'll have very unattractive chunks of white in your red jello. Basically, I make the crust than I mix the jello topping and while it's in the fridge, I make the filling. It is so simple to make and a huge hit. However, since I added the extra cream cheese, the topping was overflowing. I just poured in what fit and it was perfect!!! For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Punch up the flavor by adding chopped toasted nuts to the crust. I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen. Just grab and go. Chill after adding the cream cheese mix. Dissolve jello in 2 C boiling water. The other steps could perhaps be reduced in sugar, but not eliminated as the sugar serves more than one purpose. Let the pretzel crust cool to room temp first! Gently fold in Cool Whip. No other words need. This is where I have to say, it was way too sweet. I also use other fruits sometimes (black cherries with black cherry jello; blueberries with blueberry jello). Allow the pretzel crust to cool completely before putting the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until chilled. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. What Makes this Version the Best? Make the jello according to package directions. I was skeptical about the jello layer but followed instructions exactly and it worked fine. Strawberry pretzel dessert doesn’t need to wait for the holidays but sometimes I am so glad it does! Be sure to completely cool/chill each layer before adding the next. Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a bowl and press into the bottom of a … Don't skip adding sliced sweetened strawberries - it gives this recipe a wonderful fresh flavor and texture. SO, aside from being overly sweet, this would be a very nice desert. Once the cream cheese mixture is on the crust, it is important to refrigerate for at least 1 hour! I don't normally like pretzels but this dessert is phenomenal!! Fresh strawberry slices and a dollop of whipped topping take it over the top! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-pretzel-dessert Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Sliced beautifully. I would never name this a salad or serve WITH a meal though. In regards to happycamperd comment about it being really sweet, I used fresh strawberries (that I froze) and sugar free jello and it tastes just as good! Want a crisp crust and fluffy filling? Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. While we love homemade whipped cream, you need to use cool whip in this recipe. Need to bring a dish to pass this weekend? Also be sure that the pretzel crust is sealed off from the jello, or it will get soggy. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours. I put in fridge after first layer for about 30 minutes. Nobody likes gelatin that wanders.Using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread cream cheese all the way to the crust's edges so the gelatin stays put. This make-ahead strawberry pretzel salad will disappear quickly at any potluck. Bake 10 minutes and cool completely. Mix in the fresh strawberries. Cool on a wire rack. I have always made this recipe using strawberries and strawberry Jello, but I think I might try experimenting with different fruits and Jello flavors. The crème cheese layer worked best by beating the crème cheese and sugar and then folding in the whip topping, as another reviewer recommended. This triple layer dessert covered in a delicious strawberry base with a pretzel crust is broken down in mini portions making it serve-able right after a holiday dinner or even in front of the big game! Pour cooled Jell-O overtop. This easy strawberry pretzel dessert has a crunchy pretzel crust topped with a layer of sweet cream cheese and a delicious strawberry jello topping.

Andouille Chicken Sausage Recipes Healthy, Behringer C1u Mic Stand, Destiny 2 Most Used Weapons, Prs Hollowbody Ii Piezo Price, Eremophila Longifolia Seeds, Creamy Italian Sausage Soup,