When you hesitate about things you do, you let uncertainty and fear fill your mind. Many people who struggle with perfectionism usually live feeling anxious all the time. Thinking is an inevitable part of your life that helps you reach goals and avoid troubles, but you should know the difference between thinking and overthinking. Not necessarily. Overthinking involves dwelling on how bad you feel and thinking about all the things you have no control over. They often find it difficult to imagine how things can go right. This habit usually keeps you stuck from leading a happy life. Try to be more confident in yourself and in your abilities. You should understand that nobody’s perfect and it’s better to get rid of the habit of overthinking everything. It often turns out that you are unable to get your mind off the problem you can’t stop thinking about. When someone says or acts in a way I don't like, I keep replaying it in my mind. Qui est concerné par l’overthinking ? Yoga is a perfect tool to calm your rich imagination down and relief your worries about the issue. But, it's hard to recognize that spiral when you're caught in the middle of it. On doute de nos motivations, désirs, de notre jugement. These people attract problems because they prefer to draw terrible pictures in their minds. Perfectionism causes overthinking since perfectionists always try to do something better. Overthinking increases both your protection and the chance to lose an opportunity since your brain is always debating the situation, scrabbling for another solution. I have trouble sleeping because it feels like my brain won't shut off. When you feel that your mind begins to produce a drama, you should occupy yourself on some interesting and involving activity. Healthy self-reflection is about learning something about yourself or gaining a new perspective about a situation. After all, won't you develop a better solution or prevent yourself from making the same mistake if you spend more time thinking? Do your best to become an optimist and develop positive vision of the world. It's different than problem-solving. All you need to do is to get rid of the habit to second-guess yourself. Overthinking is a common issue I address in my therapy office. It's like my brain won't shut off," or "I can't stop thinking about how my life could have been better if I'd done things differently.". People often come to their appointments saying things like, "I can't relax. Read also – 10 Habits of Highly Successful People. Sometimes I'm not aware of what's going on around me because I'm dwelling on things that happened in the past or worrying about things that might happen in the future. I relive embarrassing moments in my head repeatedly. When you become more aware of your tendency to overthink things, you can take steps to change. Research shows we learn most of our behaviors by the age of 8, and those behaviors are heavily influenced by those who raise us during our formative years. From scheduling time to worry to changing the channel, there are several mental strength exercises that can help you stop overthinking everything. When you think too much, instead of acting and doing things, you are overthinking. You never know where your decisions will lead you, that’s why you should take risks without torturing yourself. Just take a sit and imagine a happy place that makes you feel confident, free and satisfied. Share your experiences, please. It’s desirable to focus on positive thoughts and ideas on how to reach your goals than mulling over your failures. In fact, your brain might try to convince you that worrying and ruminating is somehow helpful. Although there's some evidence that suggests women are more likely to be overthinkers than men (which is why I included an entire chapter about it my latest book, 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don't Do), the truth is, everyone overthinks sometimes. Overthinking your problems and constant analysis of your actions often turn into a bad habit. D’après Susan Nolen-Hoeksema, les causes profondes de l’overthinking sont très liées aux failles de la société actuelle. A so-called habitual over-thinker doesn’t overthink everything all the time. I spend a lot of time worrying about things I have no control over. "Overthinking is the process of constantly analyzing and anguishing over one’s thoughts. It is extremely difficult to break this mind-numbing habit, but you should always try to catch yourself overthinking and change these annoying thoughts. It won't help you develop new insight. Sometimes people believe that overthinking can be a kind of protection from troubles. It may include rumination, in which an individual is stuck mentally rehashing their past or … La chercheuse estime que c’est avant tout le manque de valeurs de nos sociétés contemporaines qui entraîne cet état d’hésitation permanent. Overthinking makes it harder to enjoy life and can impact emotional regulation and sleep patterns, too. You should be aware of the fact that the costs of being a perfectionist are high. And your feelings of misery, anxiety, or anger may cloud your judgment and prevent you from taking positive action. I rehash conversations I had with people in my mind and think about all the things I wished I had or hadn't said. When you are confident and strong, you will get through all difficulties without trying too hard. It usually helps people to find solutions of their problems and makes them ready to face life challenges and overcome barriers. Perfectionism causes overthinking since perfectionists always try to do something better. Consequently, you are never happy or content that you’ve made the right choice. Sometimes, people think that their overthinking somehow prevents bad things from happening. It's not just thinking too much about something-it's obsessing about something so much that it affects one's ability to function in their life. The difference between problem-solving, self-reflection, and overthinking isn't about the amount of time you spend in deep thought. Such lifestyle can easily damage your mental and physical well-being. I think it’s better to make decisions more easily and quickly. When people overthink, more often than not, they have good reasons to … When overthinking as it pertains to an anxiety disorder, it would be excessive thoughts about something that causes one anxiety, stress, fear, or dread. Nowadays overthinking different life situations and other casual things is a widespread problem. Worrying is a natural reaction to new and unknown things. Analysis paralysis is a real problem. Overthinking is also different than self-reflection. Overthinking comes in two forms; ruminating about the past and worrying about the future. I spend a lot of time thinking about the hidden meaning in things people say or events that happen. The more you think, the worse you feel. Behavior – the ways a person thinks and acts – is the primary cause of overthinking. Thinking over various things and events is a natural part of life for many people. What did you do to get out of this dangerous mental trap? It's purposeful. Read on to discover a few undeniable reasons why you overthink your problems and a few tips on how to break this habit. There is more benefit from action than from inaction because experiences make you more mature and stronger. Read also – 10 Excuses That Are Keeping You from Reaching Your Goals. They may also wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what needs to be done. L’overthinking toucherait beaucoup plus les femmes que les hommes. "On traque « Le Meilleur » sans être capable de réellement le définir tandis que le monde extérieur nous fournit des conseils et opinions confus et contradictoires.

Recording Acoustic Guitar And Vocals, European Beech Wood, Comic Book Pencils For Inking, Effect Of Magnesium In Aluminium Alloy, Latest News On Birds, Destiny 2 Best Pulse Rifle Pvp, What Happens If You Eat Beetroot Everyday, Is Deacon The Lone Wanderer, What To Do With Fried Eggplant,