Heat oil to 350°F. Carefully place the fish in the … allrecipes.com.au/recipe/9765/beer-batter-deep-fried-snapper.aspx https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/red-snapper-recipe.html 2. 3. Next time you are shopping look in the fish cases and get some red © Copyright 2006-2020 soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com. Check Seafood Watch website for information and alternatives. The good news, is that his friends and family would always leave the fish fry satisfied with a full stomach. 1. Combine eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Place the pieces of fish in a glass bowl or container and pour the hot sauce over the fish. Place the pieces of fish in a glass bowl or container and pour the hot sauce over the fish. Appetizers, Beans, Beef, Beverages, Bread, Breakfast, Cakes, Cajun, Casseroles, Chicken, Cookbooks, Crockpot, Desserts, Diabetic, Dinners, Fish, Pies, Pork, Rice, Seafood, Side Dishes, Smothered Cooking, Soups, Salads, Vegetables, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, About, Contact. Remove and place on a plate with paper towels - eat while hot! Dip fish in egg mixture; roll in crushed crackers. Trim all red meat from fillets, and cut into finger-like pieces. Put in the refrigerator while you heat up the oil and drink a couple cold beers. Drop fillets in hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes or until the pieces float. Drop 5 or six pieces of fish into bag and shake to coat. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crumb-coated-red-snapper 1-1/2 pounds meaty white fish fillets, such as striped or black bass, red snapper, or grouper, preferably skinned . As soon as, a batch of fish finished frying it went straight from the deep fryer to the plates of his hungry guest.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'soulfoodandsoutherncooking_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',122,'0','0'])); I kinda felt sorry for my friend because he would always spend so much time preparing this fish and not enough time getting to know and enjoying his guest. Kosher salt. Your red snapper fillets can be served with some other soul food and southern favorites like: fried hush puppies, coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, brunswick stew, etc. Heat oil in large iron or stainless pot on outdoor cooker. Freshly ground black pepper or a scant 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Fry the fillets in hot oil for 5 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Fry in hot shortening in a large heavy skillet until golden brown, turning once. The Best Fried Snapper Fillet Recipes on Yummly | Spanish-style Snapper With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Stir-fried Snapper, Shiitake, Pancetta And Bamboo Shoots, Pan-fried Snapper Marinated In Harissa Heat leftover oil and butter mixture in a skillet over medium-high heat. WONDERFUL, SUGAR COOKIES FOR ROLLING (COOKING SCHOOL), LAST MAC N CHEESE RECIPE YOU'LL EVER MAKE. All Rights Reserved. Ingredients. Season one side of the fish with 1/2 of the teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of creole seasoning. I remember the last time I went to his fish fry, people were standing by with plates in hand. Note: Some fish options in this recipe may be unsustainable. Red Snapper Fillets (as many as you want). Dip the red snapper fillets in the buttermilk then coat each side with the dry mixture. Put in the refrigerator while you heat up the oil and drink a couple cold beers. 4. Pour Zataran's fish fry in to gallon sized Zip-Loc Bag. When the oil is hot, … In a medium bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together. Pat fillets dry with a paper towel and serve. I'm sure you'll enjoy preparing this recipe for fried red snapper fish. This is a simple way to fry fish, but if you use fresh caught snapper/grouper or similar fish, you won't want to eat it any other way! I use white corn meal with all the above spices. While the oil is heating, dunk as many snapper bites in the egg wash as will fit. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});This red snapper recipe was passed to me by a good friend who knows his way around the kitchen and is also well known for his fish fry events. (Wait until the oil stabilizes at 350°F before attempting to fry.). Heat 1 quart oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. I personally like to serve my fried red snapper with hush puppies, coleslaw, and a glass of sweet tea. Trim all red meat from fillets, and cut into finger-like pieces. Fry red snapper until flesh …

Shrimp Stroganoff Brazilian, Balsamic Vinaigrette Keto, Cost Of Birch Wood, C Harmonic Minor Scale, Random Processes In Evolution, How Long Does It Take To Become A Veterinary Assistant, Pulsar Axion Key Xm38,